Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777864 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

oh , polycount?

seems to me that the New Spy knife Bypasses Razorbacks , Backstabs don't Make a Kill icon , Killed Person gets a Deathcam of a Random Guy which is not the spy , and the Corpse dissapears upon backstabs and only makes the death sound to the player killed and the killer , which means that it can hide the fact that there is a spy

for the Underside of having a Slower Swing rate , No Backstab Indicators and Does Less damage Poking someone with the knife

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

oh , polycount?

seems to me that the New Spy knife Bypasses Razorbacks , Backstabs don't Make a Kill icon , Killed Person gets a Deathcam of a Random Guy which is not the spy , and the Corpse dissapears upon backstabs and only makes the death sound to the player killed and the killer , which means that it can hide the fact that there is a spy

for the Underside of having a Slower Swing rate , No Backstab Indicators and Does Less damage Poking someone with the knife

Give it double vulnerability to fire damage and I might not call it totally OP.  :P
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

What's so great about that? The razorback is worthless, especially if you use the ambassador. And the other stuff isn't half as obvious as the spy appearing right as somebody dies. If no one else is in the area you are going to get away, whether the kill icon and such is there or not.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

That speed rate would be a severe hit - the time those bonuses it gives are most important are when you're going to town on a group all facing one way and now you can't rush into a chainstab with it....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I think that Valve might be able to do something with the tagline of 'phenomenal cosmic powers'.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile

It would be a cool mechanic where when you backstab someone you become disguised as them, and they get turned into a friendly fireable spy disguise.

That is you run up behind someone, backstab them.  Your characters switch positions, you have their disguise on.  They become disguised as the enemy spy that appears to have just uncloaked in the middle of the group, they are unable to fire and susceptible to friendly fire during the duration of this, after a small time it wears off of them, you can keep the disguise.  It would allow a spy to infiltrate more deeply as they hop from host to host.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd think it better to just kill the other guy. Eventually, nobody will be fooled anymore.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile

I'd think it better to just kill the other guy. Eventually, nobody will be fooled anymore.

at that point then you just put on your regular knife and backstab to your heart's content, as nobody is fooled by the spy suddenly uncloaking in their midst.  It'd be a utility item, not a pew pew item.  It would be great for taking out engineer nests.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Have it make a dead ringer noise, use it on everyone around a sentry. XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

That speed rate would be a severe hit - the time those bonuses it gives are most important are when you're going to town on a group all facing one way and now you can't rush into a chainstab with it....

Otherwise Everybody will be using that Knife over the Normal one , with all that bonuses and all
Plus , a Simple "Spy *Backstab* Sniper" is enough to Make the entire Enemy team Paranoid , even if the sniper is Four miles away

If you want to Chainstab , Do it with the Original Knife , nothing's stopping you , except for a pyro

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think razorback snipers should be invincible to spies but get hurt more from other people.  Like 50 HP.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Razorback needs a buff, I'd make it protect from all crits that hit you from behind transforming them into regular hits while maintaining its current functionality against backstabs.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

The problem with the Razorback is simple: If there's someone behind a sniper, he's dead. It doesn't matter if it's a spy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The problem with the Razorback is simple: If there's someone behind a sniper, he's dead. It doesn't matter if it's a spy.
Good snipers will only have spies get past them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 774