Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777851 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

The voice chat bar for a player named Recruit was up the entire time the violin clip was played, so either when added in post he happened to sync it up with a guy who didn't say anything or some dude played the clip in voice chat during the game.

I'm going with the second option.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

The voice chat bar for a player named Recruit
Which, if you pay attention to the death icons, is the name of the guy who is recording. Therefore...
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless you use voice_loopback 1 or you set it to record from your microphone, the video wont play their voice.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PC Gamer posted it's huge interview, it's in two parts: one and two

There's a lot of interesting stuff in there, but the part I found most intriguing was this:
And we have guys who read Something Awful, because we try to read TF threads on every forum we can find, basically.
Dun dun dun, it might be that Valve has been listening to us all along. And as they have even invited Toady over, it seems like a fair chance. Soooo,

Hi TF2 Team!  You're doing good and your plan of making happy customers has worked really well with me! Tell Gabe and Robin I said hi, and that one Finnish guy too.

*cough*

Oh yeah, the interview happened on the 8th of August and Robin thought they could get the update out this month or just a bit over that. We might not need to wait for September 31st after all!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, the interview happened on the 8th of August and Robin thought they could get the update out this month or just a bit over that. We might not need to wait for September 31st after all!

*ahem*... Valve Time.

We'll be lucky to get it before September 31st.  :P

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone needs to make a fucking chozo soundboard, right fucking now!
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Amazing frag video.
Awesome solider skills.

I also have to recommended this new TF2 commentator IcyToonie.
Besides having 'Toon' in his name all of his videos have high video quality, high audio quality, and a really nice voice to boot.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:23:31 pm by ToonyMan »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have to recommended this new TF2 commentator IcyToonie.
Besides having 'Toon' in his name all of his videos have high video quality, high audio quality, and a really nice voice to boot.
I haven't found any good "How to play Sniper"-videos, but here's just a commentated gameplay clip by a good player. If you enjoy Let's Plays, many of his videos deserve a look too, despite the slightly nervous commentary. There's even some using the new engi things and the Heavy one completely changed the way I play that class.
Kind of beat you to it, though I didn't explicitly say who the guy was. Anyway, he definitely deserves a second mention as he's becoming better at commentating with each video. I found the guy by chance after looking for exactly this kind of videos (which there is surprisingly little of) soon after he started. I've watched all his videos to date and I dare say it has made me a better player and there's just something therapeutic about watching someone play a game really well and explain why.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:58:26 am by LASD »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

Yay, someone else who plays heavy like me. I must admit, I prefer the sandvich though. In situations like where he was guarding the hut with the pyro, a sandvich can keep you and your teammates alive a lot longer. Also, that was a clever trick with the cart, so stealing that. :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well just bought this, so I thought I'd post in this thread to watch the community.
Nom nom nom

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well just bought this, so I thought I'd post in this thread to watch the community.

you just bought it now? wow.

congrats and I hope to see you in game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I like the commentary by the IcyToony dude, but I see the same problem I have with every frag video: their opponents are woefully less skilled than the dudes that always annoy me. Like in his spy videos, how people always seem to lose him when he darts in front of their cone of fire, or how the enemy team doesn't immediately kill you when you try sapping buildings.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Answer: Random Pub Servers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

IcyToony...frag video
I wouldn't call his commentary videos frag videos. My (personal; I don't give a fuck what the internet's accepted definition is) definition of a frag video is a video that shows a lot of (typically from unrelated matches, and even if from the same match, often without the minutes between the great shots) skilled/lucky shots, without any shots of them dying (presumably from equally skilled/lucky shots). His videos include those times where he does die, and his aren't just a series of unconnected shots. Each video is typically from the same match or back-to-back matches on the same server, and he doesn't typically skip around in the round.

[# of times typically is included in this post: 3]
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 774