Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781574 times)

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4680 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:20 am »

There is a lot of Ho-Yay in Respawn of the Dead.
There is also lots of awesome.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4682 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:30 am »

I love Natasha. Because somebody touched Sasha, now I dont want here anymore.

No, seriously. I dont think TF2 needs the heavy as a damage dealer. The snaring is a lot more useful, and just gets better with moar teamwork. And last I checked T in TF2 stands for "team".
Team? What's a team? you mean I'm not the only one fighting the other side?
No dragnar! He lies to you. He tries to split you from your true goal!
k. Back to the backstabbing!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: September 23, 2010, 10:37:39 am »

Also, I'm never touching a shovel again.

Ever.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:12 am »

What, am I the only one who thought that Respawn of the Dead read like terrible fanfiction after the BLU base was blown up? It turned into an incredibly boring boredom-inducer of boredom +10 about the RED team having gay sex and sex with inanimate objects and otherwise acting boring, while hinting that at some point in the distant future about 3 hours in your reading future, the medic or someone else might possibly perhaps frak up and get everyone turned into zombies, or that a zombie apocalypse might possibly be going on in the outside world. I barely got through the first part and quit after a few paragraphs of the second part were just as boring.

The fact that all of them allowed the zombie to live is mind-boggling. I'd have killed it immediately after finding out that the medic had brought it back to the base regardless of what he said.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: September 23, 2010, 10:53:12 am »

Poor Stumpy. None of that crap was even his fault D:
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4686 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:59 am »

What, am I the only one who thought that Respawn of the Dead read like terrible fanfiction after the BLU base was blown up? It turned into an incredibly boring boredom-inducer of boredom +10 about the RED team having gay sex and sex with inanimate objects and otherwise acting boring, while hinting that at some point in the distant future about 3 hours in your reading future, the medic or someone else might possibly perhaps frak up and get everyone turned into zombies, or that a zombie apocalypse might possibly be going on in the outside world. I barely got through the first part and quit after a few paragraphs of the second part were just as boring.

This.  It was pretty bad slashfic, which unfortunately had a promising enough start to hook you in for the duration.  Two hours of my life I want back...  :-\

KG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: September 23, 2010, 11:30:31 am »

http://nerfnow.com/comic/image/345
Pic related.
Indeed. It would be nice if there was some consistency of leading the target instead of fuck all who the hell knows where the hitbox is now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: September 23, 2010, 06:28:09 pm »

The fact that all of them allowed the zombie to live is mind-boggling. I'd have killed it immediately after finding out that the medic had brought it back to the base regardless of what he said.
I agree with you, though the prospect of tf2+zombies was enough to keep me reading. Also I wanted to see what they made the pyro look like, etc. Though it was fairly poorly written at parts *Cheshire Cat Grin* etc.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4690 on: September 30, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »

New Mann comic http://www.teamfortress.com/bidwells_big_plan/

TF2 finally succumbs to the in-game store trend.
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4410&p=1

edit: oh and TF2 is currently 50% off for those of you who don't currently have it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:15:46 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21:23 pm »

I think I'm gonna like the sydney sleeper, atleast as an assault/support sniper. Means I can also switch out my normal Jarate and equip an SMG or the new shield.

Not sure about the Degreaser though. The concept seems nice, and appeals to me in that I do tend to switch a lot between the flamethrower and the shotgun, but the reduced burn damage is puts me off a little.

Edit: I just noticed that the Mackerel is level 42. :P
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:25:27 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "NEMESIS KICK!"
« Reply #4692 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:53 pm »

My biggest problem with this (so far) is the item sets. Before I get onto how ridiculous it is they require the hats- which is making lucky or paying people more powerful in game- you have weapons that don't work well together that you're encouraged to use together. The snipers knife works well with jarate, but that loses you a big bonus. Pyros can get extra mobility, but can't effectively ambush and are easier to kill in normal combat.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "NEMESIS KICK!"
« Reply #4693 on: September 30, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »

Usefulness of degreaser depends on if it looses the airblast or not, it's not entirely clear on that. If it keeps it it will work well as a combo with axtinguisher. Similarly usefulness of black box is dependant on if it needs to be a direct hit to proc the heal or if splash will work.

So far the scout, spy and possibly sniper are the only ones I'd be inclined to go for the set bonus. Possibly the pyro's set on koth or arena maps. Still I think it's really going to take actually playing with them to see if they are worth changing my normal weapon sets.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "Here. Have an eagle."
« Reply #4694 on: September 30, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »

Huh, after reading through all of it, I can react. Awesome! Cool! Weird!

The item sets worried me for a while, but they mostly balance out by the required weapon combinations.

Aaaaand, Valve either forgot about the 6th winning entry, or they are really keeping it a secret.

And booyah, recepies for Polycount weapons. I've been stocking up and got up to 94 things in my inventory. I should be able to make cool new things.

EDIT: Oh man! I have a Vintage Vintage Tyrolean. How cool is that? :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:54:33 pm by LASD »
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 774