Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777790 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I've tried to save two replays. One of me airblasting an rocketjumping solly's attack and hitting him before he lands, one of a excellent YER chainstab. Both have failed to record. The first one recorded the first 18 seconds of my life and unexpectedly cut off, one just said "recording failed" and displayed with a big error thing in my replay menu. Different replay enabled servers.

Buggy update or buggiest update? Or am I doing it wrong?
Only certain servers have the replay feature installed currently, just look for a server with a film icon and you should be set.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

Alot of servers didnt seem to have it installed correctly (or something similar, icon was there, but it wouldnt work/crashed when i hit f6) earlier on, found a few that work just now though
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only certain servers have the replay feature installed currently, just look for a server with a film icon and you should be set.
Different replay enabled servers.

They were both on different servers with the filmstrip dealy, and both failed, for apparently different reasons. And then, as though rubbing salt in the wound, I try again just to see if it will work on a life where I do nothing particularly cool and it's fine. I am displeased.

Alot of servers didnt seem to have it installed correctly (or something similar, icon was there, but it wouldnt work/crashed when i hit f6) earlier on, found a few that work just now though

Well, good to know it's not just me then.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

does the dwarf fortress server have the reply enabled?  If so anyone up for making a movie :D
Nom nom nom

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everybody post your videos.

Finally got a half-interesting replay to record, and I played around with the editor a bit. The resulting film, in which a scout makes a futile and likely accidental gambit to save his heavy.

FUN FACT:
Apparent arrows don't show up, first-person weapons glitch in and out, and ragdolls fall differently every time you replay/save/whatever.

Replays would be fun if they weren't so frustrating.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:34:55 am by kinseti »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

That would've been cool if you replayed that scout being hit in slow mo a few times from several angles. The fail isn't really adding anything, remove that.
I haven't tried the replay stuff, is that even possible, to get different angles?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would've been cool if you replayed that scout being hit in slow mo a few times from several angles. The fail isn't really adding anything, remove that.
I haven't tried the replay stuff, is that even possible, to get different angles?
Yup, you have a free camera mode, which you can use to see anything you want from any angle. Also, you can see everything from any player's eyes on the server. It's nice to be able to see if you're moving as annoyingly as most Scouts seem to.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes you can make the movie using any 1st person view, 3rd person, or free view cam. 

I did some dustbowl 2v1 and completely dominated them on the 4th point.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile

Everybody post your videos.

Finally got a half-interesting replay to record, and I played around with the editor a bit. The resulting film, in which a scout makes a futile and likely accidental gambit to save his heavy.

FUN FACT:
Apparent arrows don't show up, first-person weapons glitch in and out, and ragdolls fall differently every time you replay/save/whatever.

Replays would be fun if they weren't so frustrating.

It's a good clip, but hard to make out that the Scout actually blocked the arrow. Probably could've been filmed from a better angle, but I still enjoyed it.

Yes you can make the movie using any 1st person view, 3rd person, or free view cam. 

I did some dustbowl 2v1 and completely dominated them on the 4th point.

Also a nice video. You really whooped those guys.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I demand we start a view spam club so we can all win :D
Nom nom nom

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

I've decided to start a series of shorts called How To (Not) Play TF2, in which I show of my greatest attempts at both ends of the win/lose spectrum.

The first one is me getting Backsniped on 2fort.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, you have a free camera mode, which you can use to see anything you want from any angle. Also, you can see everything from any player's eyes on the server. It's nice to be able to see if you're moving as annoyingly as most Scouts seem to.

Can you do slow-mo, or piece together the same hit from different angles without using another video editor? As far as I could figure, the replay can be from any camera angle, but has to be in real time.

It's a good clip, but hard to make out that the Scout actually blocked the arrow.

Would have been easier to show if you could see the crosshairs in first-person lining up the headshot. Or the arrow, for that matter :/

Anyway, it was just a mildly amusing WTF-did-I-just-shoot moment. I'll wait until I get a cooler replay to play with it some more.

I demand we start a view spam club so we can all win :D

I agree with this sentiment.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've decided to start a series of shorts called How To (Not) Play TF2, in which I show of my greatest attempts at both ends of the win/lose spectrum.

The first one is me getting Backsniped on 2fort.
you need a shot of you getting sniped, I had to maximize it and squint to see what happened.
Nom nom nom

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it seems like you can only get one uncut take at normal speed.  You can only switch the camera angle and nothing else.  However it seems pretty easy to export into a format that allows a more robust video editor to take it from there.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I suspect that they will eventually add in the ability to chain up a series of takes when you compile them into a movie, which would allow for a fair bit more flexability.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 774