Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 782027 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Goes Free To Play with Uber Update "Let's do dis."
« Reply #6675 on: July 22, 2011, 07:30:29 am »

and then you start to doubt that they're really people at all, and think "They behave exactly the same every time they respawn... They never say anything... They run right in the line of fire..."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:46 am »

Did you know that actual real stupidity is really hard to program? Making bots act like these clowns is no mean feat.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: July 22, 2011, 07:59:25 am »

and then you start to doubt that they're really people at all, and think "They behave exactly the same every time they respawn... They never say anything... They run right in the line of fire..."

And then you realise we exist in the generation that doesn't want to learn the game and just wants to be "teh uber" instantly.

There's the issue. They refuse to learn from their mistakes because it's THE GAME'S FAULT that they keep dying, not their's.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: July 22, 2011, 08:47:30 am »

Wow, players are BAD. Having a point total twice that of the next ranked player, all the time, isn't a game anymore, it's humiliating for me.
Yeah, it kind of bothers me when I get to the top of the team playing a Frying Pan Demoknight. Or it would if I weren't busy laughing myself silly with all the "KLANG"'s landed on unsuspecting people coming from behind corners.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: July 22, 2011, 08:50:25 am »

I suppose the thing is that TF2 is such a - wait for it - team-based game and there's so much synergy between each of the classes that the simplest changes in a team can affect the entire round. I can be playing in a relatively mediocre fashion and not be able to get anything done - somehow my opponents always have slightly too much health, they're slightly too close, etc. - but as soon as one person on my team switches classes, it creates an opening and things immediately get easier. There wasn't any input on my end, but the actions of one person make a... "cascade" of sorts and it all falls into place.

On the subject, I had someone call the opposing team a "no-skill noob team" because it had something like 3 heavies and 3 pyros. He was losing. Protip: If you're losing to W+Mouse1, that's nobody's fault but your own. Not really an uncommon occurance in FPS culture, sure, but...

Enough rambling. I have now witnessed the wonder of the Soda Popper firsthand. Harass, circle, twoshot medic/engie/sniper, retreat with pistol for a cool 200+ damage, repeat.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: July 22, 2011, 09:50:13 am »

The Mackarel is still way cooler than the frying pan. :)

I'm still doubting about that soda popper. It's very cool, but I'll use it when I get sick of my short stop, which isn't anytime soon. *pewpewpewpew*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: July 22, 2011, 10:33:18 am »

It's silly how easily a demoknight falls to a Tomislav.
119 kills, 28 deaths, in about 30 minutes
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: July 22, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »

I don't think I've died to demoknights as heavy more than three or four times.  I've come to love seeing them run at me.
Shoes...

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: July 22, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

Anyone play on a match where there were 3 medics and three spies?

I did that last week, I was a medic.

We won.

Wut.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6684 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »

Anyone play on a match where there were 3 medics and three spies?

I did that last week, I was a medic.

We won.

Wut.

If this was arena, then it makes some sense. Medics regenerate.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:40 pm »

Nope, cp_dustbowl.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: July 22, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

More medics that dont die is always more better for the team. If they all keep somewhat back and are not sniped then their team has a huge advantage.

Im also sorry, but anybody who describes Pyro as W+M1 automatically sounds like an enormous tool to me. It never existed and completely fucked up Pyro balance. See> Eualizer, Demoknight. Shoot. Them. With anything really.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6687 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:12 pm »

I've played a few rounds of Vs. Saxton Hale mode. It can be a lot of fun, but I can never find a server with less than 1000 ms ping.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: July 22, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »

The Mackarel is still way cooler than the frying pan. :)

I'm still doubting about that soda popper. It's very cool, but I'll use it when I get sick of my short stop, which isn't anytime soon. *pewpewpewpew*

It's actually surprisingly useful. If you pair it with the Winger, then you can do 21+ damage at medium range and 100+ at close, with each shot.

That said, yeah, love my Short Stop. Biggest problem with Scout is I'm always running out of shells and having to reload, and then shooting during the reloading and forgetting to check how many shells I have left. Soooo many perfect shots, wasted.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: July 23, 2011, 12:43:52 am »

Okay, so I have an odd proposition. How would I go about setting up a long-term server for TF2 while not actively playing it? For you guys, of course.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 774