Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781443 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! QuakeCon promos! Engineer with a Pip-Boy!
« Reply #6825 on: August 04, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

Hmm.  I want skyrim, and now would be a good time to buy it since my folks are a little worried I have some depression problem because I haven't bought any games recently, (no mom I'm fine, there hasn't been anything interesting released recently) and I do have some spare money floating around.  It might get them off my back.

But I don't know if my computer will run it, and I can't find any system reqs.  Anyone have them handy per chance or does Bethesda not know themselves yet?

EDIT: Found them not official but good enough,
2GB dual core, 3 GB ram, 512 MB graphics card.  I should be able to run it.  Maybe not awesomely and my Graphics card will definitely need to be updated to this decade though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:46:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: August 04, 2011, 05:26:46 pm »

Just went and had a test run of the pip boy, I love it so much.

Oddly, I had the opposite reaction.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6827 on: August 04, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »

Hmm.  I want skyrim, and now would be a good time to buy it since my folks are a little worried I have some depression problem because I haven't bought any games recently, (no mom I'm fine, there hasn't been anything interesting released recently) and I do have some spare money floating around.  It might get them off my back.

But I don't know if my computer will run it, and I can't find any system reqs.  Anyone have them handy per chance or does Bethesda not know themselves yet?

EDIT: Found them not official but good enough,
2GB dual core, 3 GB ram, 512 MB graphics card.  I should be able to run it.  Maybe not awesomely and my Graphics card will definitely need to be updated to this decade though.

Dude
are you me?
That's basically exactly my situation, and my computer has the same specs.

Anyways, I'm stoked now that I know my compy can run it.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: August 05, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZrjDTx2eg

Live action TF2 by corridordigital

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »

The amount of video RAM your graphics card has doesn't really tell you how good it actually is.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZrjDTx2eg

Live action TF2 by corridordigital

That is awesome and I thank you for it, ser.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: August 05, 2011, 08:35:05 pm »

It looks nice except for the interface, so... no :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: August 05, 2011, 08:43:54 pm »

True on the video ram, but the way the card names are set up it's hard to tell what's better than what.  Those numbers often seem pretty arbitrary.  I remember having an ATI card that was something like a Radeon 9500.  With the way the numbers appear to work you'd think that would be like the next generation model currently in development.   

Nope, sucker is probably 10 years old by now.

And while video ram isn't a great indicator on required capability, it's better than nothing.  And it's not hard to figure out that you having a card with 256mb VRAM, when it says you need 512, you will probably have issues.  No matter how kickass your GPU and graphics chipset is.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: August 05, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »

True on the video ram, but the way the card names are set up it's hard to tell what's better than what.  Those numbers often seem pretty arbitrary.  I remember having an ATI card that was something like a Radeon 9500.  With the way the numbers appear to work you'd think that would be like the next generation model currently in development.   

I know, right? I wish they'd just number the cards by the order in which they were released. For cards that are specialized for a particular set of tasks, just toss words at the end of the card name like "professional" or "home edition".

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: August 05, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »

TF2 doesn't have super-heavy requirements in general, but since it's free you might as well just try it and see how well it runs and how high you can turn the settings since you're probably way past the requirements (unless you have an old card that came with 512 MB of video ram as a gimmick).

As for the video card names' numbering, it's not too overly complicated, except for when they stop counting in one place and restart somewhere else (and possibly change the number of numbers). What it comes down to tends to be this: No matter how many numbers are in the card's name, the first number always tends to be the generation of the card (e.g. geforce fx 5xxx, geforce 6xxx, 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx, and then they jumped to 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, some of those being specialty cards/chipsets) and the next number indicates how good it is on a scale where a low number (below 5 or 6) is "piece of crap for people who don't know any better", where 6 is "moderate/good", and where 8 or 9 is "top-of-the-line for that generation," except that you still tend to need to look into actual reviews and benchmarks to find out how they actually perform, how big the card is, what kind of power requirements it has, whether it gets really hot, etc, before buying a card.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: August 07, 2011, 08:30:24 am »

Just went and had a test run of the pip boy, I love it so much.

Oddly, I had the opposite reaction.

Can I have yours? :U
Unfortunately, Genuine Pip-boys are not able to be traded.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6838 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »

I found the Pip-Boy singularly unimpressive. Yeah, I like Fallout, and the whole "Yo dawg, I heard you like Fallout..." thing is good for a chuckle, but a reskin of the Engie's build menu is really not something to get all that worked up over.

I mean, I don't dislike it, but I'm not all that impressed either.

Woo, I've become a jaded gamer. :V

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: August 07, 2011, 12:49:26 pm »

Sure, it's just a reskin of the interface and a near-invisible change to your in-game model.

But you know what? That's still one interface reskin more than most of these silly cosmetic items provide.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 774