Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781426 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Deus Ex promos! Heavy with a bionic arm!
« Reply #6960 on: August 21, 2011, 10:55:53 am »

With under 50, do I shoot in front or behind?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

dageek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: August 21, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »

Slightly in front.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: August 21, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »

What kind of latency do you need to hit someone by aiming behind them? Negative latency?

Also, my prediction about raeging over the new Sniper Rifle was correct. Played against a sniper who had a 16-1 KD ratio. He was probably annoying to begin with, but that new gun...

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6963 on: August 21, 2011, 05:36:46 pm »

I want that damn rifle.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:53 pm »

i'll be selling all of these Deus Ex items to fund other game purchases. Anyone else doing the same?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: August 21, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »

So I got my computer and then I installed TF2. I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong.

Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:12 pm »

Yup, I played the original habitually from 1996-2004 and then tf2 since it started. Others may play more than me, but nobody has more fun.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: August 21, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »

Yeah, too bad I suck at sniping >.<

Been trying to practice all of yesterday. What I don't get is how I'm so bad compared to black ops. Not higher-level super advanced trickshots etc., I MEAN SHOOTING A FREAKING HEAVY IN THE HEAD WHILE HE'S CROUCHED AND MOVING SIDEWAYS CONSISTENTLY T.T
Depending on server latency, you may want to just shoot a little behind/in front of them.

The whole point of lag compensation is to eliminate exactly this artefact. Assuming your ping remains constant, you should shoot directly on target; any delay due to latency will be compensated out by the server.

Now, aiming slightly ahead is still a good idea, but not because of technological issues. Rather, humans have slightly delayed reactions; you may think you're shooting with perfect timing, but in fact you're pressing the mouse button a fraction of a second after you think you are. As a result, it's entirely independent of server latency, and entirely dependent on personal skill. If your reticule was over the target's head at the moment you clicked the button, you will hit, irregardless of latency.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »

The whole point of lag compensation is to eliminate exactly this artefact. Assuming your ping remains constant, you should shoot directly on target; any delay due to latency will be compensated out by the server.
Every "Pro" sniper I have ever seen landing every headshot has hit the air slightly in front of a target. Lag Compensation should solve the issue but it doesn't.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:05 pm »

Finally managed to get the Sydney Sleeper. At somewhat ridiculous cost but hey... At least it also gave me reason to dump those 4 brass beasts that have been clogging up my inventory.

Playing the piss sniper set is actually rather fun(Sleeper/Jar/Bushwacka). You aren't instantly lethal to most larger classes, but if your team is even remotely competant they'll clean up the mess for you, and you are INCREDIBLY more lethal against 150 HP or less classes due to the 25% increased charge rate. You also get to be even faster in close combat if you are a ninja.(Which for me is a very on/off sort of thing. 0P )

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: August 22, 2011, 12:21:42 am »

Finally managed to get the Sydney Sleeper. At somewhat ridiculous cost but hey... At least it also gave me reason to dump those 4 brass beasts that have been clogging up my inventory.

Playing the piss sniper set is actually rather fun(Sleeper/Jar/Bushwacka). You aren't instantly lethal to most larger classes, but if your team is even remotely competant they'll clean up the mess for you, and you are INCREDIBLY more lethal against 150 HP or less classes due to the 25% increased charge rate. You also get to be even faster in close combat if you are a ninja.(Which for me is a very on/off sort of thing. 0P )
I feel very bad I scraped a ton of those. I never much liked the sleeper.
Thank you based dwarf.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: August 22, 2011, 02:43:19 am »

I just got the new sniper rifle out of a random drop. I had thought the 15% damage bost was on all shots instead of just fully charged ones, but it is a superb bodyshotting rifle nonetheless. The joy of pulling a double bodyshot kill with a full charge is near orgasmic as a sting of expletives and primal rage issue forth from the other team.
... and then it explodes!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: August 22, 2011, 07:45:04 am »

i'll be selling all of these Deus Ex items to fund other game purchases. Anyone else doing the same?

If it were possible to sell items for steam wallet funds, I'd do consider doing that with some of them. But I don't see the use since you can't, and you can buy the entire set of items for $20 in the TF2 store. I'm interested in Skyrim, but I don't see any sensible way to get it through trade without costing someone more money (trading for items with cheaper-priced games) than it would cost to just buy it (not to mention I could never get it solely through trade anyways).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: August 22, 2011, 01:44:51 pm »

I've been punishing trigger happy pubs as a civ demo lately.  Go demo, and hang out by their spawn, talk to their snipers(Which are usually just fine with me hangin out with them), etc.  You know.  If someone starts shooting at me, I quickswitch to demopan then charge/pan.  So the question is, for this style of play, what should I name my demopan?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: August 22, 2011, 02:09:27 pm »

The Public Pacifier.

"The #1 cure for aggressive pubs. Apply directly to face."
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 774