Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781032 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

OHHH NOOOOO!

SOMEONE WILL STEAL YOUR IP!!!

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

People knowing your IP is, like, the LEAST worrisome thing about playing games on the Internet. I'm more concerned about getting the Halloween Gifts than whether or not someone knows my IP address.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Anyway, any tips on how to beat the boss before it leaves?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, any tips on how to beat the boss before it leaves?

Heavies rip that eyeball to shreds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Soldiers don't do too well on it, its movements are too erratic to reliably hit it. I hear the Reserve Shooter always minicrits it behind the scenes without the visible minicrit effect, so that is a good thing to use due to no dropoff whatsoever.

Scouts do alright if they have the Shortstop. You need to keep a good distance to avoid the crit rockets it constantly spouts out. Eye can't be marked for death.

Pyro is essentially the Soldier entry on the Reserve Shooter. No afterburn on the Eye.

Sniper does alright, sometimes it's hard to get a good line of sight on it. Eye cannot be jarated. DPS is gonna be low due to no crits.

Demo is difficult unless you are a god with grenade spam.

Spy can do alright with a revolver. Those things hit pretty hard and you can use the Dead Ringer to escape sudden aggro.

Heavies as always do the most damage, but they will die pretty quickly as well. Ambushing the eye makes its health drop like a rock.

Engineers take a while to set up and the eye teleports around, so it isn't terribly effective. If it pops up near a level 3 sentry it is only marginally worse than a heavy in terms of health-rock-dropping. Unless you have the Wrangler it will stop the other team from hurting the eye, so it isn't really worth it.

Medics as always are just there for crits.

The strategy for taking on the eye is the same as winning the game: Spam heavies and medics.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot it in the eye. It doesn't really matter what class you are unless you can't hit it (in which case you need more practice with your grenade launcher).

Mini-sentries barely do any damage to it, by the way, and it can knock out turrets easily.
Scouts with the shortstop work remarkably well. They're probably the best class to use, since scouts can dodge the eyeball-rockets easily and run through the underworld rapidly after it teleports.

P.S. It is unfortunately impossible to place teleporters (or other buildings) in the underworld. :'(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:51:51 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

P.S. It is unfortunately impossible to place teleporters (or other buildings) in the underworld. :'(
I think a few medics amputator-spamming could camp there indefinitely (those stack, right?).
... and then it explodes!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

Guys... I've found something. You. Won't. Believe. Your. Eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AE2pe5LDgE&feature=related

*'Gasms*

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*'Gasms*

Erecting a Dispenser here!  :o
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

*'Gasms*

Erecting a Dispenser here!  :o

GeeGeeGeeGee Baby Baby

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

*'Gasms*

What.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Demo is difficult unless you are a god with grenade spam.

Actually grenades only do around 60-70 damage to it, instead of the 100 it does to players. And it looks like there's no falloff, as I've been easily getting 40-60 damage shotgun hits on it, which with the lack of falloff, explosions to damage groups, rolling grenades and high damage being the best parts of the grenade launcher and all not present or relevant it isn't good. Sticky launcher does good damage though.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I think a few medics amputator-spamming could camp there indefinitely (those stack, right?).
From what I've heard the underworld eventually explodes, killing everyone it in.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually grenades only do around 60-70 damage to it, instead of the 100 it does to players. And it looks like there's no falloff, as I've been easily getting 40-60 damage shotgun hits on it, which with the lack of falloff, explosions to damage groups, rolling grenades and high damage being the best parts of the grenade launcher and all not present or relevant it isn't good. Sticky launcher does good damage though.

There's damage falloff, but it kind of seems like not enough. I noticed up close to the Monoculus my Enforcer was doing 65 per hit, attacking from a decent distance it fell to <50. Which is actually still pretty decent given the rate of fire and reload, I was expecting the Spy to be useless against it.

From what I've heard the underworld eventually explodes, killing everyone it in.

Only loot island, I thought.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I often go spy just because of the rate of fire and reload. Still, only killed him once and I didn't get to go to loot island. Sad face.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 774