Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777727 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

First to reach the book = gift.

Seems like a straightforward system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got all the masks and made the sackston hale mask last year, and I never use it because it looks like crap. Not to mention that I virtually never actually play TF2 anymore. So I saw no point in wasting hours on it this time (I did get the achievements and necrobombicon or whatever it is, but the explosion doesn't even hurt enemies, so it's useless).

If the explosion hurt enemies it'd be a massive gamebreaker, essentially preventing anyone from using melee weapons and making the spy almost useless and terrified to stab anyone with scoping them out first. I mean, could you imagine if there were two engies in an engie nest and they were both wearing one? There's no way one spy could do anything.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

Better idea.

x number of haunted halloween gifts are given out to the killers of monoculus.  Where x is the level of monoculus

Say the list consists of Scoot, Wankers, and SANDVIICH.  They killed level 1 monoculus.

Game randomly picks one to receive the gift.  Same list, but level 2.  Game picks Scoot first, then chooses between Wankers and SANDVIICH for the remaining one.  Say he was level 4.  All three get gifts, and a fourth is distributed randomly among them again.

This would actually get people working together to kill that eyeball.  Seriously, why did they add levels if there's no point to it other than he annoys everyone even more now.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Better idea.

x number of haunted halloween gifts are given out to the killers of monoculus.  Where x is the level of monoculus

Say the list consists of Scoot, Wankers, and SANDVIICH.  They killed level 1 monoculus.

Game randomly picks one to receive the gift.  Same list, but level 2.  Game picks Scoot first, then chooses between Wankers and SANDVIICH for the remaining one.  Say he was level 4.  All three get gifts, and a fourth is distributed randomly among them again.

This would actually get people working together to kill that eyeball.  Seriously, why did they add levels if there's no point to it other than he annoys everyone even more now.

You seem to be forgetting that Valve is a masterful troll.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.
Release a bunch of awesome cosmetic items. Make them only wearable for 3 days every month.
Introduce an epic boss battle. Reward the items for finding a randomly spawning box instead.
Give players two weeks to obtain 27 costume pieces.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.
Release a bunch of awesome cosmetic items. Make them only wearable for 3 days every month.
Introduce an epic boss battle. Reward the items for finding a randomly spawning box instead.
Give players two weeks to obtain 27 costume pieces.
It succeeded enough to get me to stop playing for the duration of the event after spending about an hour harvesting the event's low-hanging fruit. Never even saw a gift that lasted more than five seconds and Scout is probably my worst class. That and it turned my precious balloon race servers into ghost towns. Though I have high hopes for tonight.

Incidentally, what would it take to get one of the Balloon Race maps added to the community server rotation? For all it's wonkiness, it is my favorite way to break up more conventional maps.
... and then it explodes!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

It shouldn't be too difficult to add one to the server, Not sure if we would want to add it to the normal rotation or just put it up available for voting as most people would have to download the map if it came up, which tends to empty the server if it hasn't already been agreed to use it.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! "I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians"
« Reply #7387 on: November 08, 2011, 07:41:32 am »

I was on one 'cheat' server doing the halloween stuff. It was pretty spiffy.

The cap was turned off. The boss was left normal.

When you joined the server, you placed in a waiting line. When it was your turn, you had the ability to freeze everyone for sixty seconds. If you couldnt find it in 60 seconds, it became free game.

I really liked the server, because it the only server I saw, where the same person didnt keep on getting the fucking gift...

Through trade, I managed to get two full costume sets.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7388 on: November 08, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »

I was lucky enough to find a good server with a high population that just kinda worked together. We'd hang out, chat, kill each other and stuff. Gifts would show up, and we'd just have an informal rotation. Monoulus would show up and we'd ice him, then go back to fucking around.

Good times. It was FuG's Convoy server.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: November 08, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »

It was FuG's Convoy server.

Thank you for reminding me to watch this again.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: November 08, 2011, 09:41:45 pm »

It was FuG's Convoy server.

Thank you for reminding me to watch this again.
That.

That is the best thing.

I want to do that.

I want to do that so badly. My inner Troll demands it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46:17 pm »

I need to find the IP for Convoy again. That is still a really good community to play this with.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7392 on: November 08, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »

So uh, I tried to play TF2 but it keeps getting an error about memory that it can't read. I looked around some and did a bunch of suggested things to try to fix it but nothing worked. I even found this which looked promising as it had some new things to try but it all failed to let me play. Anyone know how to fix this annoying failure? My computer is XP Pro, has 1.5Gb of RAM and currently has a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, anything else you need to know can be supplied. My drivers are up to date and I have uninstalled TF2 and reinstalled it already to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:35:38 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:05 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7394 on: November 08, 2011, 11:19:01 pm »

I can explain! The computer is 11 years old...

Is it the GeForce2? Cause I think my dead computer has something better.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 774