Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781764 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! "I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians"
« Reply #7395 on: November 08, 2011, 11:24:15 pm »

I would be surprised if it worked, but then again, TF2 used to support some really old hardware. You might want to try asking steam to validate TF2's game files before looking for a better graphics card. (Right click the game in the library, hit properties, go to the local files tab, and click verify integrity of game cache) That will check for corrupt files, and will redownload any that are corrupt.

(Because even if you had a better graphics card in your dead computer, it may be the wrong interface type (PCI Express instead of AGP), so you might not be able to put it in that computer. Assuming that the card is undamaged.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7396 on: November 08, 2011, 11:34:48 pm »

Let me restate, my other 11 year old computer that died has a better card in it. Also I already tried the following:
Reinstall
Validating
Updating Drivers
Uninstalling and then Reinstalling Drivers
Windows Update shows nothing needing updating
Running it as Admin
and some random junk I don't recall

As for having it work, it does till I try to start up a game or do one of the tutorials then it freezes after loading stuff almost all the way and throws up the error.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »

Did you have windows scan your hard drive for errors and fix them?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7398 on: November 09, 2011, 12:08:45 am »

I think so, maybe, how do you do that and I can tell you if I did...

Anyway found the box for my other card, its a Radeon 9250 and it should work in my computer so if it would help by changing to it then I would try it.

EDIT: It is the graphics card. A little more googling on my part found this site and it determined that I don't have enough Video RAM nor do I have Pixel Shader of any version. My Radeon has the min128MB RAM needed so it should allow me to play TF2. If it does not then I don't know what I can do.

EDIT2: If the site I posted in the edit above is to be believed I can now run it...   I think an actual attempt to play TF2 is in order.

FinalEDIT: It works! Of course it does as it is just in time for me to need to go to bed. I did do the tutorials and must say that I suck, though that might just be my never having played it before.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:37:29 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: November 09, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

I just downloaded TF2, over the last couple of days (Avg down speed of 180kb/s :/). Currently at 99%. Anybody want to play? :3

You can try and add my Steam, "Azkanan".
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: November 09, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »

i never have a problem finding a full local tf2 server even at 3 in the morn, playerbase is huge
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »

Awesome.

That is all.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7402 on: November 11, 2011, 01:42:53 am »

So I have been playing some and have achieved the skill level of normal newb instead of total newb so I remembered that on the first page of this thread I had seen there was a server. How convenient I thought and so I did what it told me to do (adding the IP to server favorites) and lo and behold well...   nothing. Is it just my end or is the server currently down?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: November 11, 2011, 02:14:34 am »

So I have been playing some and have achieved the skill level of normal newb instead of total newb so I remembered that on the first page of this thread I had seen there was a server. How convenient I thought and so I did what it told me to do (adding the IP to server favorites) and lo and behold well...   nothing. Is it just my end or is the server currently down?

Looking at the Steam servers list it seems to be down, so not just you.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7404 on: November 11, 2011, 02:29:28 am »

Well thats good better then the alternative. Anyone with suggestions for other servers to play on that would be new player friendly?

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #7405 on: November 11, 2011, 03:06:33 am »

tried it but didnt get into it to cartoony.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: November 11, 2011, 03:18:15 am »

Well thats good better then the alternative. Anyone with suggestions for other servers to play on that would be new player friendly?

Depends on your location. There should be tons of servers up, just pick one that's almost full and go to town.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7407 on: November 11, 2011, 03:27:36 am »

Sounds like a plan *checks time* that I will enact later, possibly tommorowish though really I guess I should say today...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: November 11, 2011, 07:14:33 am »

So, I got the 11/10 patch for TF2.

And it seem to be fucking up on me.

I play on a Mac. Does anyone have a place to go read up on it? Generally, I'd hit up the steam forum, but their down.
I've tried facepunch forums already.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7409 on: November 11, 2011, 07:52:43 am »

Looking at the Steam servers list it seems to be down, so not just you.

Yeah I restarted the server to update it before I went to bed after the update came out and it appears to have never come back up. Tried restarting it several times and it is staying down. Need nilocy to send a support ticket to the hosters as apparently my level of access doesn't let me (or the ticket link is hiding).
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 774