Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777827 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! "I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians"
« Reply #7455 on: November 17, 2011, 05:58:04 pm »

turtling engineer
   Yes it would be useful for a nest engie but as I had said I am bad at that kind of play. What I am good at is battle engie and the pistol just fires so fast, reloads so quickly, and has so much more ammo that I can't really pass it up.

Oops. Must have misread that part. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I'm a bit annoyed. Apparently you don't get the Show Trial Achievement by killing somebody during humiliation. While you're the ones being humiliated, of course.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:36:00 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: November 17, 2011, 07:38:13 pm »

Am I the only person who really hates non-gunslinger/non-wrangler engineers?
Elaborate please. As long as the engineer doesn't place his buildings stupidly, (I mean really stupidly. Not stupidly as in 'This is the first time I've played this map', I mean stupid as in 'Let's place my sentry in the middle of the courtyard' stupid.) I'm fine with whatever weapons he's using.
Sentries are powerful. They're very accurate and do a lot of damage. The gunslinger makes them much weaker and the wrangler makes it so it isn't always auto-aiming all the time, cause sometimes the engie will be controlling it manually.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: November 17, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »

Elaborate please. As long as the engineer doesn't place his buildings stupidly, (I mean really stupidly. Not stupidly as in 'This is the first time I've played this map', I mean stupid as in 'Let's place my sentry in the middle of the courtyard' stupid.) I'm fine with whatever weapons he's using.
Sentries are powerful. They're very accurate and do a lot of damage. The gunslinger makes them much weaker and the wrangler makes it so it isn't always auto-aiming all the time, cause sometimes the engie will be controlling it manually.
So you hate engineers who use the gunslinger/wrangler? You're initial quote makes it seems like you hate engineers who don't use the wrangler/gunslinger, yet your response talks about how the items makes sentries less useful/powerful. I'm a bit confused here.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7458 on: November 17, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »

So you hate engineers who use the gunslinger/wrangler? You're initial quote makes it seems like you hate engineers who don't use the wrangler/gunslinger, yet your response talks about how the items makes sentries less useful/powerful. I'm a bit confused here.
It sounds like he dislikes the combo but would prefer to play against them as they are easier to take on.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: November 17, 2011, 08:19:59 pm »

I think what he means to say is, he hates getting killed by level 3 sentries.

Protip: Sentries have limited range, are stationary, and turn slowly. They can be sapped, attacked from beyond their range, by edging around corners and retreating before it reacts, or by using arcing projectiles without ever entering their line of fire. Not to mention ubering any power class can take one out no problem.

If there's a class you really should hate, it's non-huntsman Snipers. Cowards.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:21:44 pm by kinseti »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7460 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

Naw, its ninja pyros. They always get me when I play scout and I always get just a step away from health when I die. Its not the fact that they kill me but that they let me see hope before crushing it even after they are dead.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: November 18, 2011, 07:13:19 am »

Naw, its ninja pyros. They always get me when I play scout and I always get just a step away from health when I die. Its not the fact that they kill me but that they let me see hope before crushing it even after they are dead.
sorry :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: November 18, 2011, 07:17:31 am »

Pyro flames have a weird effect of killing you in such a way that your body ragdolls onto a medkit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:26 am »

I used to only play engie on CTF maps, and only if there were scouts on the opposing team. But lately I've been playing as a battle-engie with the gunslinger. On more open maps, he's actually not all that bad. Move up with a soldier/demo or heavy and drop a mini-sentry while your opposition targets your teammate and then shotgun/pistol them to death.

I've tried the short circuit, but I just can't get the hang of it. Most soldiers/demomen do the whole corner creep tactic to take out your sentry and I'd much rather use the pistol to chase them off than sit there repeatedly zapping their projectiles. And the pistol has saved my bacon more times than I can remember. Can't say the same for the Short Circuit.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: November 21, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »

The sentry is OP in my mind. As I said, it auto-aims and does LOTS of damage. It takes incredibly little skill, cause all you have to know is where to place it. The wrangler/gunslinger put an end to this. So no, I hate engineers who don't use either of them.

I think what he means to say is, he hates getting killed by level 3 sentries.

Protip: Sentries have limited range, are stationary, and turn slowly. They can be sapped, attacked from beyond their range, by edging around corners and retreating before it reacts, or by using arcing projectiles without ever entering their line of fire. Not to mention ubering any power class can take one out no problem.

If there's a class you really should hate, it's non-huntsman Snipers. Cowards.
I'm not always playing as a class with long-range attacks, in 2fort you can place them so they are pretty much unavoidable, and that is entirely irrelevant. Yes, I know you can attack around corners/etc(I do it all the time with the Demoman). The problem with ubering is that the missiles will push you out of range of the uber unless you play Heavy.

I used to only play engie on CTF maps, and only if there were scouts on the opposing team. But lately I've been playing as a battle-engie with the gunslinger. On more open maps, he's actually not all that bad. Move up with a soldier/demo or heavy and drop a mini-sentry while your opposition targets your teammate and then shotgun/pistol them to death.

I've tried the short circuit, but I just can't get the hang of it. Most soldiers/demomen do the whole corner creep tactic to take out your sentry and I'd much rather use the pistol to chase them off than sit there repeatedly zapping their projectiles. And the pistol has saved my bacon more times than I can remember. Can't say the same for the Short Circuit.
The short circuit is bad and the people who made it should feel bad. It is by far the worst weapon in the game.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: November 21, 2011, 06:22:30 pm »

in 2fort you can place them so they are pretty much unavoidable

This is a problem with 2fort, not sentries. All of my other reliable methods for dispatching sentries still stand. They're a powerful tool for area denial, but a stationary turret is far from the most dangerous thing on a server with a few skilled players.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: November 21, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »

I'm getting an issue where TF2 isn't connecting to the "Steam Beta Client Server" or whatever. I can't play! D:

I think I may have to reinstall. Blegh.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: November 21, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

Am I a bad person for wanting to play medic with my eyes closed?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: November 21, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »

Why certainly no!

No you're bad for pony holes
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: November 21, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »

Am I a bad person for wanting to play medic with my eyes closed?

Just navigate by the sounds of your teammates shouting "Medic!". Sort of like marco polo in an FPS.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 774