Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777736 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd disagree. If you get seen, they'll almost immediately pick you for a spy, whilst if you're a demoman or pyro you'll have a bit of a grace period to get the hell out of there. Sure, you should try to avoid being seen at all but there's periods where you need to be visible and in those periods, it's better to have a disguise that won't make you stick out so badly. The slightly smaller frame isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:43:48 pm by Jackrabbit »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'd disagree. If you get seen, they'll almost immediately pick you for a spy, whilst if you're a demoman or pyro you'll have a bit of a grace period to get the hell out of there. Sure, you should try to avoid being seen at all but there's periods where you need to be visible and in those periods, it's better to have a disguise that won't make you stick out so badly. The slightly smaller frame isn't worth it.

If you get seen, you'll be almost immediately picked as a spy anyway. Anyone who isn't attacking or walking through their own team's stuff is going to be spychecked anyway, so the disguise being convincing is pretty moot.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

Disguise as a heavy.

Why, I hear you ask?

1) No spy will disguise as a heavy normally, because of the speed nerf that applies when you're not in cloak, and most people are aware of this. Thus, less suspicion.

2) Because your primary requires spinning up and slowing yourself right down, people won't expect you to be shooting randomly (compared to, say, pyro).

3) The aforementioned speed nerf does NOT apply when cloaked, thus for most of your trip, you'll be fine.

4) Medics like you.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Disguise as a heavy.

Why, I hear you ask?

1) No spy will disguise as a heavy normally, because of the speed nerf that applies when you're not in cloak, and most people are aware of this. Thus, less suspicion.

2) Because your primary requires spinning up and slowing yourself right down, people won't expect you to be shooting randomly (compared to, say, pyro).

3) The aforementioned speed nerf does NOT apply when cloaked, thus for most of your trip, you'll be fine.

4) Medics like you.

Good luck backstabbing anything ever then >_>

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Disguise as a heavy.

Why, I hear you ask?

4) Medics like you.

Good luck backstabbing anything ever then >_>
Not necessarily true, while you indeed will have issues backstabbing a moving force, one which is rooted in place will be much more prone to your attack, typically if you are going to use the heavy disguise, do so when the enemy is on the defense, or in a staging area.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Demoman-related stuff. (click to show/hide)
ANYWAY.

So, does anyone else hate melee huntsman snipers?
Those annoying jerks who fire an arrow into your skull from right next to you.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

More like "good luck getting to the enemy base ever", what with random spychecks.
Well of course you shouldn't be using the heavy disguise while in transit, use it once you're actually in the appropriate area, you CAN change disguises after all.(Unless you are using the YER)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Demoman-related stuff. (click to show/hide)
ANYWAY.

So, does anyone else hate melee huntsman snipers?
Those annoying jerks who fire an arrow into your skull from right next to you.

I'm saying that there shouldn't be random spychecks, since you're going to be CLOAKED and not DISGUISED.

It's extremely easy to remain cloaked with the IW if you know the map and just keep moving.

See here for some shitty footage of what I mean\

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

I like to keep track of the metal around the map. When I'm not running in circles defending, I'm usually watching the metal spawns. If they randomly dissapear, I start spamming fire. Spies should keep note of pyros who do this when they start spyin' it up. Try to grab metal when they leave, or when you have enough time to put distance between you and your roasted ass.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I like to keep track of the metal around the map. When I'm not running in circles defending, I'm usually watching the metal spawns. If they randomly dissapear, I start spamming fire. Spies should keep note of pyros who do this when they start spyin' it up. Try to grab metal when they leave, or when you have enough time to put distance between you and your roasted ass.

The good part is that most pyros are ignorant of spy strategy and assume they're all DR or C&D :P

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm saying that there shouldn't be random spychecks, since you're going to be CLOAKED and not DISGUISED.

It's extremely easy to remain cloaked with the IW if you know the map and just keep moving.

See here for some shitty footage of what I mean\
I get randomly spychecked by my own team when I'm cloaked. I also end up getting shot when my bumbling allies charge in.

Of course, I play a lot of 2fort, so yeah.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get randomly spychecked by my own team when I'm cloaked.

That's the worst. Pyro flails around with his flame thrower at absolutely no provocation. Damn Pyro's being paranoid.

Anyway, Kunai + DR + Diamondback = Only way to spy. Whatever you're doing, you get heals or crits!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I get randomly spychecked by my own team when I'm cloaked.

That's the worst. Pyro flails around with his flame thrower at absolutely no provocation. Damn Pyro's being paranoid.

Anyway, Kunai + DR + Diamondback = Only way to spy. Whatever you're doing, you get heals or crits!

oh god why

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or is the Ambassador goddamn useless at least 60 percent of the time?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spy disguised as spy is a great disguise if you're in friendly territory but don't want to get shot at.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 774