Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777694 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I've yet to find a sniper with a good enough position that I can't get a shot off at him that he doesn't notice because he's scoped in. I'm not saying run at the guy, I'm saying whilst he's scoped, take a shot at him. Almost always hits.

This is why I don't scope until I'm ready to take a shot

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I'm not really digging those helmets for Scout and Pyro. Would have been better if they were wearing those helmets, and their heads were mounted on the demomans shoulders as I originally thought this image looked like. That would be badass for the demoman.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Where is that picture from?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

snop
Ew. Demoman's helmet is fugly.
The scout and pyro ones look pretty epic, though.
I'm still wondering why the Pyro doesn't have a darth vader-esque mask yet.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Those helmets are the pre-purchase bonus for Kingdoms of Amalur.

I am saving my dollars for this one.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

I've yet to find a sniper with a good enough position that I can't get a shot off at him that he doesn't notice because he's scoped in. I'm not saying run at the guy, I'm saying whilst he's scoped, take a shot at him. Almost always hits.

This is why I don't scope until I'm ready to take a shot

Indeed.  And once you hit the 5 head limit on the bargain, you become ridiculously strong.  Barely any time for a fully charged shot.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still don't understand how playing nest Engineer is any fun. You basically sit there and whack things with your wrench. Teleporter, dispenser, sentry, spy, etc.
My Sig

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I enjoy it sometimes. It's the fact that, if you know what you're doing, you become an unmovable wall of steel, getting dozens of kills and frustrating the entire enemy team.

Lately, however, I've been having tons of fun as a stickyman. Demoman with a nearly-standard loadout, with the sticky jumper. It turns you into the fastest, most manuverable class.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yessss, stickyjumper is by far the best stickybomb launcher. By far. Four to five bombs can launch me across 2fort.

Then I can surprise snipers with the loch-n-load. FOOMP FOOMP die.
My Sig

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I still don't understand how playing nest Engineer is any fun. You basically sit there and whack things with your wrench. Teleporter, dispenser, sentry, spy, etc.

I find it's fun to just stand there and let your sentry rack up some kills. Or being a pyro and hunting spies around said nests.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Sniper + Bazaar Bargain + Razorback + Tribalman's Shiv= mobile anti-infantry gun. Only the Heavy with either Natascha (slows people) or Brass Beast can duplicate the effect of a good sniper with these weapons. Or outmatch.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

just make a script to constantly whack while turning in a circle then leave the room

automode fuck yeah

(note: I am not responsible for death from demoman, spy, sniper, or soldier)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing Engi the way the class was designed to be played is boring. Aggro-Engi with mini-sentries and frontier justice is fun. Ninjaneer placing teles behind enemy lines is fun. And most fun of all, Surprise Nonconformist Engie, completely ignoring chokepoints and placing level 3 sentries around random corners covering random healthpacks. That last one is best with alltalk on, so you can hear the other team scream "WHY IS THAT THERE." You can even get pretty decent kills this way, because nobody expects it and they're less motivated to coordinate their team to destroy it than they are if you're nesting at a chokepoint.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:45:26 pm by kinseti »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

And most fun of all, Surprise Nonconformist Engie, completely ignoring chokepoints and placing level 3 sentries around random corners covering random healthpacks. That last one is best with alltalk on, so you can hear the other team scream "WHY IS THAT THERE." You can even get pretty decent kills this way, because nobody expects it and they're less motivated to coordinate their team to destroy is than they are if you're nesting at a chokepoint.

Sounds like lots of fun. I'll have to try it the next time I play TF2. The only problem that I can see is when you have to move the damn sentry. Eventually you'll meet an enemy taking the same path as you are, allowing him to dish out some sweet revenge.

Though how amusing would it be if two Engineers carrying level 3 sentries bumped into each other at the same time?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

If you just sit behind a sentry for a while then you are playing the boring way and possibly not correctly? Generally you will always have the enemy team pressuring your ability to deny space. If you are not constantly dealing with various threats then you either built too far back or need to go out and join your team kicking ass on the front lines just a few feet away from the space being denied.

Don't even need to be too direct about space denial. Keep a side path blocked from ever being used so your allies can focus on the main path. Keep your teleporter in a small hallway so any spies going for it will have to run past a long line of dudes. The dispenser can be placed wherever close to the front line for healing your dudes, you can get metal from dead guys.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 774