Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781392 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Engineers KICK ARSE in the mode where you have to move that weird bomb thing. If they can place enough level 2 sentries in the right place, anything that goes near the area is fucked (except for spies).
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Engineers KICK ARSE in the mode where you have to move that weird bomb thing. If they can place enough level 2 sentries in the right place, anything that goes near the area is fucked (except for spies).

The problem with that being that you can hide behind the bomb cart.

Also, demomen are better at destroying sentries than spies.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

I play alot of engi and I use a combo of the 'why is that there?' and the lvl 2 sentry trick.  You can build one in 10 seconds, run faster with it than a lvl 3 when carrying, it tracks quicker, kills most stuff ok and has a smaller hitbox and model so its easier to hide.  Other team usually takes a few deaths to work out whats going on and by then im off on another adventure.
  Another interesting thing is that most classes cant 1v1 a lvl 2 sentry with an engi behind it, dont just flail wildly with the wrench (the timing on the wrench is a little diff than say, the rocket launcher, if you hold the button, you will piss metal away upgrading) just repair any damage and stay crouched behind it, great for really cheeky spots like looking directly into blu spawn on first stage of goldrush a few minutes into the game.  As soon as your metal gets low or someone gets smart about killing the sentry, wander off and leave it to die, its just a senty.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another interesting thing is that most classes cant 1v1 a lvl 2 sentry with an engi behind it
I can think of a few.
Demoman, spy, and sniper.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

Another interesting thing is that most classes cant 1v1 a lvl 2 sentry with an engi behind it
I can think of a few.

Pyro, if he can get close and knows how to strafe...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Pyro, if he can get close and knows how to strafe...
I've circlestrafe melee'd many level 2/3 sentries as a heavy before. Not that hard, honestly.

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can think of a few.

Depending on the placement, the rest of your team will hopefully drown the spy in death, snipers are only a threat if they have somewhere beyond range to shoot at the sentry, demos are a bit the same but a bit more of a threat IF they are smart enough to use stickies, the tactic relies alot on the 'WTF IS THAT KILLING ME' moment and the fact that lvl 2s can kill most classes in 6 or so hits, which is fast, most players also expect a lvl 2 to die in 2 nades/rockets/good burst of minigun fire so they stay in range, keep shooting and die cause you are keeping the sentry happily at full health.  And as i said, if it looks like its going pearshaped, (eg. stickies suddenly appearing at your feet) just run and let the sentry cover your retreat/take fire while you charge in blazing.

Ninja'ed  Pyro?  if he can get close enough and im not smart enough to put a few shottie shells in his face as he comes then yah, but even overhealed he can still only get >10m under direct fire from a lvl 2 if you arent putting shots into him as he comes

DOUBLE NINJA!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

4-5 stickies takes a sentry down. If the engineer is focusing on repairing the sentry, the sentry is dead--and the engineer probably is too.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A demo with the loch-n-load can run up and put two shots to an engie nest, destroying the whole thing.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

A demo with the loch-n-load can run up and put two shots to an engie nest, destroying the whole thing.

Or just use the stickies for no chance of repair >_>

but the loch-n-load is good too

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Which is why you gotta have your front line in front of the sentry. Anything that punches through your team will be too occupied with everyone to focus completely on your sentry. It's all down to positioning and teamwork.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

4-5 stickies takes a sentry down. If the engineer is focusing on repairing the sentry, the sentry is dead--and the engineer probably is too.

Without a forcefield up, 3 stickies will kill any sentry...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Well, I like to err on the side of caution, even if the side of caution happens to be somewhat irrational.

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See stickies on sentry = walk away or charge the demo and if you just put 5 stickies out on my sentry you are a candidate for a shotgunning to the face

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

I sometimes play Engineer as long-range battery support, quickly deploy a lvl 2 sentry and use my wrangler to help assist my team's main assault wave, then pack up and move on once the area's clear. Takes a bit of work, but can be pretty useful.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 774