Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781072 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

They have implemented quite a few fanmade weapons; I'd say about half of which have their own rules at a quick glance.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

I hate steel. I hate stell so god damn much.

I find it's geometry confusing as fuck. I've only recently been able to get out Red to Point A or B.

God damn. Its fucking confusing.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Steel is the best map on the standard playlist.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

I hate you.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The deal with Steel is that the final point is always open to capture, but it's right beside Red spawn, incredibly open to attack, for the first couple of points you can only reach it by double/sticky/rocket jump and Blue has to take an alternate route avoiding the current cap point to reach it. It makes it harder to defend because a single scout on point E can make half of Red team divert their attention. It's kind of a fun map, but I'm pretty bad at it. It's also a horrible spy map, attacking or defending. The worst. It's practically designed as a big fuck-you to spies.

I find it's geometry confusing as fuck. I've only recently been able to get out Red to Point A or B.

Red spawn has signs telling you which exit to use.

Weapons are a much larger deal and actually impact the play on TF2. Considering how much shit each new weapon that Valve introduces, and also considering that everyone thinks they're a game designer from their office, it'll probably spell diaster.

There are exceptions though, but not very many.

Which is why I specified, "at least as officially sanctioned reskins". I'm expecting more reskins, weapons with a different look but same effect, in the future considering valve has already opened that door with the Postal Pummeller, Maul, Wanga Prick, etc. Seems likely there'll be a bunch more eventually, but right now valve is sticking to misc items to fill out their 2-misc-slots upgrade.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I hate you.
Hate me too then.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

The deal with Steel is that the final point is always open to capture, but it's right beside Red spawn, incredibly open to attack, for the first couple of points you can only reach it by double/sticky/rocket jump and Blue has to take an alternate route avoiding the current cap point to reach it. It makes it harder to defend because a single scout on point E can make half of Red team divert their attention. It's kind of a fun map, but I'm pretty bad at it. It's also a horrible spy map, attacking or defending. The worst. It's practically designed as a big fuck-you to spies.

Red spawn has signs telling you which exit to use.
And they don't fucking help.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

And that pretty much sums up steel, you either love it or you hate it, people feel the same about it in the highlander scene where everybody actually knows the map.  Its either 'why the hell arent all maps like this' or 'who gave a brain damaged circus monkey access to hammer'.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

It's also a horrible spy map, attacking or defending. The worst. It's practically designed as a big fuck-you to spies.
What no are you kidding? Yes the small halls make pyros maul spies, but the blind turns and hidey-holes and side-routes make Scouts, Spies and Pyros work incredibly well on this map. It's made for ambushes and out-maneuvering your opponent.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, maybe that falls into me being bad at that map. But Steel makes it hard to sneak behind enemy lines as a spy. At the early points there are very few low-traffic places to decloak anywhere near the spawn exits (and the ones that exist become incredibly obvious to those that have played the map before), and on later points you're forced into traversing small corridors opposite the flow of enemy traffic (bad news for spies). Add onto that the fact the map degrades into absolute chaos anywhere around the final point and...

You know what? Maybe I'm just bad at this map. Actually, attacking as spy I've had a bit of luck since Red team sort of expects people to be running all over the place in random directions, giving you a bit of leeway. But defense spy has very little opportunities to operate effectively.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:30:53 am by kinseti »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile

Your avatar freaks me out. The first time I saw it I wasn't sure if it was moving or not.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your avatar freaks me out. The first time I saw it I wasn't sure if it was moving or not.

SUCCESS.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, uh.. do snipers have rifles that let them no-scope yet? :D 

Ps.  Best TF2 map ever is any point-capture map! :)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's called the huntsman.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's called the huntsman.

Pfft, real snipers don't use bows and arrows, they use fully charged scopes in no-scope to walk around the map virtually impervious! :O  Miss that from TFC :(

Yeah, I dunno.. never been a fan of the huntsman.  I guess I'm just used to shooting heads with a rifle!
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 774