Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777702 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

I cant fucking play TF2.

Keep getting errors:

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0xbffff1cc) failed with error1: Timed out waiting for Engine to start
SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0xbffff23c) failed with error 1: Timed out waiting for Engine to start

*sighs*
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

verify your files.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

It's an issue with mac users in general.

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Don't use a Mac, then.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:50:10 pm by Bronimin »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it on the roof on Badwater, against a team that doesn't know how to access the roof? Because that's how I got my 29 sentry kills.

Don't want to be a downer or anything, but if you get 29 kills with a sentry it's because the opposing team has no idea what's going on.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

just got 29 kills with my sentry turret on payload as red :) I really need to get more stuffs dropping for engie, like a Jag or something.
Jag is very underpowered, be glad you don't have it.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

Jag isnt bad, though its like hitting people with a wiffleball bat in melee, if you hit a friendly engis mini sentry after he builds, it pretty much insta builds, 2x jag engis wacking at a lvl 3 dumped infront of an enemy spawn will get it up before most teams can work out what happened.  Pomsom is the best engi wep availible imo.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

Jag isnt bad, though its like hitting people with a wiffleball bat in melee, if you hit a friendly engis mini sentry after he builds, it pretty much insta builds, 2x jag engis wacking at a lvl 3 dumped infront of an enemy spawn will get it up before most teams can work out what happened.  Pomsom is the best engi wep availible imo.

Hearing the uber depleted sound is pretty much the best thing ever.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Hearing the uber depleted sound is pretty much the best thing ever.

I prefer the widowmaker myself, but only because I can take on unaware heavies with it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

The build speed bonuses are pretty negligible. Two engies whacking off the same thing will make it come fast enough no matter what they use.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You did that on purpose.

Anyway, does anyone know of a payload map that has blue spawn in front of a large area, with sunken regions where the payload goes, and very-short (two meters at most) where there are huts and stuff? There are 4 blue exits into the area, and after that is a slope upward, a large concrete barrier you can walk on with a wooden wall on it on one side, and a wall that is topped with a huge barn on the other?

After that is a wide-ish area with the barn on one side, tracks in the middle, and a wooden building on stilts opposite the barn?

I'm trying to remember that map, I love playing spy on it, but I can never find it!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

The "Unlicensed Plumber Hat" made me laugh exceptionally hard.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=14607
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

The build speed bonuses are pretty negligible. Two engies whacking off the same thing will make it come fast enough no matter what they use.
I use the Jag because it makes the normal sentry build pretty fast at level one. It's about halfway between the mini-sentry and the normal sentry, but you can upgrade it if you have time, unlike the minisentry. It's difficult to be a defensive engie with the gunslinger, but the jag does well on both sides.

I'm not sure what's going on with your game if the bonus is "negligible". It's fairly noticeable for me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

It's literally a bonus of less than a second at each level.

I know TF2 is a game where actions take place in fractions of a second, but it's not a speed boost beefy enough for me to really find it useful. And Ninjaneering is luck-based enough that this boost doesn't seem too helpful. Either you have the time frame long enough to get it up without anybody noticing you or they flank you/stumble upon you the moment you plop it down/intercept you before you get into position.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 774