Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781526 times)

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

CLANG CLANG CLANG

First the Ellis' cap, and now the pan gets more valuable. Unfortunatly, Valve has ran out of L4D2 items to valuidify.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

New Heavy Weaspon: L4D2 Minigun.

*6 months later*

"L4D2 mini-gun now usable by Spy, Medic, Scout, and Pyro"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Heavy needs a steampunk laser minigun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I kind of agree with above, tough over/underpowered steampunk lazers are the new tf2 hype, it seems :(

Valve screwed up nearly every steampunk lazer weapon by under/overpowering it: pomson, phlog, cow mangler, manmelter...
That doesnt make them any less awesome looking. Do we have these already?

One other thing that makes me sad:
There are few worthwhile hats and good weapons for the pyro. You're pretty much stuck with default, flare, detonator, axethinguisher or degreaser.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

I propose that this update forever be known as the PAN update.

This makes me so very happy.  I will definitely be switching my scout and medic loadouts.  Possibly heavy too, though not for serious.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd suggest selling your pan now. Get 7 refined for it.

In two weeks, buy it back for 1 or 2 scrap as normal.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Manmelter is pretty decent, because it lets me put out teammates without using up my precious Backburner ammo. I use Backburner because it rips through entire teams if you can come in from behind, which is what pyro should be trying to do anyhow. With default I find myself getting killed before I can do enough damage for them to burn to death.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been trying my hand at this as an Engineer, and a Heavy, I like both and love the game so far, but my weapons just don't pack as much punch as those special ones, and its a bit challenging against the players who've been there longer

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Been trying my hand at this as an Engineer, and a Heavy, I like both and love the game so far, but my weapons just don't pack as much punch as those special ones, and its a bit challenging against the players who've been there longer
Don't worry, you'll get special weapons soon enough.

I use Jag, since I usually bang on my sentry anyways. I can set up a pre-built sentry fast enough to kill a scout even after he saw me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile

There is pretty much nothing at all wrong with the weapons that the engineer comes with, and with practice you should be just fine. For heavy, try to get your hands on a sandvich and a gloves of running urgently. The gloves can be crafted specifically iirc, just look up the recipe. The sandvich will either have to drop at random or traded for.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

You can get both alot of decent weps inc. sandvich for heavy and the gunslinger for engi from achieves.  Milestone 1 2 and 3 all grant weapons for every class, Ive also got doubleups of almost every wep, im happy to trade 1:1 for any extras you have, my steam name is jimboblordofeskimos.

Oh and you should get around 10 item drops per week, not inc crates.  Thats for roughly 10 or so hours of gameplay, the week clicks over on thursday, (in australia anyway).  If you dont play that much set yourself up for idleing (google tf2 idling),  you can just have the game running in the background while you do other things.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is pretty much nothing at all wrong with the weapons that the engineer comes with, and with practice you should be just fine. For heavy, try to get your hands on a sandvich and a gloves of running urgently. The gloves can be crafted specifically iirc, just look up the recipe. The sandvich will either have to drop at random or traded for.

You can get both from achievements, can't you? Or just the sandvich? MacDug's right, very few of the default weapons are actually underpowered, and most of the fancy weapons have tradeoffs or are overspecialized. Most underpowered vanilla weps are melee weapons now that I think about it, as well as pretty much the entire Pyro loadout.

Somewhat related, the server I play on is planning on holding a vanilla-only night once a week. Will be fun.

(ninja'd)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:  Nevermind
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:00:29 pm by adwarf »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come to think of it... the only Heavy gun with more firepower than the stock gun is the Brass Beast. All the others have less firepower (Natasha) or lower fire rate (Tomislav).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here, check this place out.

They give weapons to new players to help them start up.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 774