Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781074 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with the first poster in a less dickish way. It's doable as it, just hard, and I don't like the idea that the minute a soldier gets above me he starts homing in on me. It's not like a rocket you can deflect, it's a dude with a lot of health that you probably won't kill before he hits you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2687929

Any opinions on this?

Manthreads are kinda hard to use but making them home on target is not a good idea imo.
I'd rather see them send out a small shockwave when the soldier lands on a non cranial surface dealing damage equal to 1.5x or 2x the soldiers fall damage. It would hit everyone in a small area around him (and normal fall damage for the soldier himself) a bit like the equalizer taunt..
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2687929

Any opinions on this?

I like it, mainly because I doubt the homing effect would be very large. Small enough that pretty much any sort of motion on the part of the victim would allow them to avoid it, it's just a little bit of an assist against stationary targets. Of course, if the homing effect is too strong, then yeah, Jackrabbit's concerns become valid.

Also, any weapon with knockback would pretty much stop them. Wait... mantreads drop knockback by 75%, don't they? Most weapons then, but not all.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

Mantreasd and Gunboats would make better sense merged, but it might be too late to do that now.

-50% self damage
-50% fall damage
-50% knockback (from enemies)
If you land on an enemy, they receive 2x your fall damage.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

Mantreasd and Gunboats would make better sense merged, but it might be too late to do that now.

-50% self damage
-50% fall damage
-50% knockback (from enemies)
If you land on an enemy, they receive 2x your fall damage.

Thats a massively powerful weapon for a skilled player you have there.   Pretty much boots of flight for anyone who can rocket jump well
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Agreed with above, thats very, very powerfull, there are lots, no, METRIC FUCKTONS of good soldiers on my favorite servers, and if they would get their hands on THAT... i think i'll just die instantly when i see one. and when i dont see one.

But, a few pages back, they say that default pyro loadout is underpowered, and i agree that afterburn could use a buff, and that the normal melee is never used by any serious player, but you cant say that the shotgun is bad, nothing beats the shotty, on 3 classes! (pyro, heavy, engie)
-50% ammo is a HUEG drawback on the shotgun, even tough it doenst look like much on the first sight, those 3 extra ammoes have saved my life more then once.
I agree that the flaregun or the detonator are also good weapons, but i cant say much because i dont play with them, but shotgun, flaregun or detonater are the only viable secondary choices imho.
(oh, btw, more pyro derails \o/)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

[SO REDACTED]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:07:18 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The general concept itself is unbalanced. Lower the stats and the benefits would be so spread out as to make it useless. Keep it as it is and it'd be too strong.

The only way something like that would ever be balanced is if you made it powerful but introduced massive penalties or some other impractical alteration. Even in that case it's dangerously close to the "balance through imbalance" mentality, which would encourage counterpicking as opposed to creative play.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

MVM mode, what is it?

There are hints that it is Mann Vrs. Machines, and will feature the blue and/or red teams against a team of robots. There are theories these will include bosses and waves of underlings, and robot versions of almost all the classes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MVM mode, what is it?

There are hints that it is Mann Vrs. Machines, and will feature the blue and/or red teams against a team of robots. There are theories these will include bosses and waves of underlings, and robot versions of almost all the classes.

I have painstakingly tracked down a link as to what you're talking about. The soundfiles include neat words like "tank" and "deploy" and "upgrade" and "sentrybuster" and "giant_heavy_explodes". Giant soundfiles for most classes actually.

These photos appear to be robotic versions of the classes (demo and pyro in the middle, outside two are uncertain).

So Mann Vs. Machine seems like a pretty good bet. Maybe based off Saxton Hale mode, a boss-battle against a giant robot player of their chosen class? Or something Monday-Night-Combat-esque?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:20:40 pm by kinseti »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

These photos appear to be robotic versions of the classes (demo and pyro in the middle, outside two are uncertain).
Looks like both the outsides are heavies to me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this combines well with the 2 (!) robot head series at the workshop, so this could be fun!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bump for the sake of intresting discussion

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Thats a massively powerful weapon
Erm, no. Not at all.

I fear for your sanity if you think this is as good or better than the shotgun.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 774