Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781029 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Pyromania Update! Day 2: City on fire! "Mmm Mmmph!"
« Reply #8760 on: June 26, 2012, 09:29:08 pm »

You can add a minimum of $5 to the steam wallet.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: June 26, 2012, 10:35:41 pm »

If the Pyro doesn't get a flood of new toys tomorrow, Valve, I will be disappoint.

Medic didn't really get his weapons on his Meet The video until the last day, right? Don't get ahead of yourself, we gots time for some cool stuff.
Yeah, I'm hoping they roll the same way they did with Meet the Medic where all the awesome class-focused stuff shows up on the last day.

On the plus side, I run a little token shop, so this update and the resulting "OMG NEW WEAPONS" panic has resulted in nothing but profit for me.
And before I get swamped with token-buying requests, I'm pretty much sold out until next week when the new-stuff hype has calmed down.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: June 26, 2012, 10:38:58 pm »

If the Pyro doesn't get a flood of new toys tomorrow, Valve, I will be disappoint.

Medic didn't really get his weapons on his Meet The video until the last day, right? Don't get ahead of yourself, we gots time for some cool stuff.
Yeah, I'm hoping they roll the same way they did with Meet the Medic where all the awesome class-focused stuff shows up on the last day.

On the plus side, I run a little token shop, so this update and the resulting "OMG NEW WEAPONS" panic has resulted in nothing but profit for me.
And before I get swamped with token-buying requests, I'm pretty much sold out until next week when the new-stuff hype has calmed down.

That is brilliant economics and a great idea.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52:07 pm »

I have found tokens to be less and less helpful as each class gets more and more weapons for every slot. Pretty much the best way to make stuff is to use the custom recipes imo.

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01:27 pm »

That is brilliant economics and a great idea.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. It even has a fairly steady income during non-update times because certain melee reskins are only craftable through the token system.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

You can add a minimum of $5 to the steam wallet.

Yes, but you can buy a stickylauncher for 50 cents, wait for a steam sale, and buy a decent indie game with the remaining wallet funds. I'm not saying TF2 isn't TOTALLY WORTH the 5 bucks, I'm just thinking practically.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: June 27, 2012, 03:59:22 am »

Didnt take time to read the stuff between this and my last post.

BUT IM RAGING RIGHT NOW.

THIS IS A PYRO UPDATE.
THE PYRO GETS ONE. SINGLE. WEAPON.
OTHER CLASSES GET 2 WEAPONS.
SERIOUSLY VALVE. WHAT. THE. FLYING. ****?

This annoys me to a great extent. I'm not saying that the new pyro weapon is bad, but you'd expect more things for the pyro in a pyro update. :(

(well, the pyro actually got two things, a new weapon and a shitty scout pistol that allows you to have afterburn kill them if nothing is done about it, if you do it right.)

EDIT:

Oh, and i just noticed that the title above the pyro weapon is "Plus a new toy for the pyro" as if the pyro is the least important thing in this update.
Anyway, i'm going to try to make my epic double-crocket reflect replay into a movie so i dont lose it and i can submit it to the saxxy's.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:02:58 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: June 27, 2012, 04:13:26 am »

Well actually, all weapons have a weakness to the pyro.

Scout is slower and stays longer on the ground, sniper remains zoomed in for much longer and the soldier shotguns unaimed rockets, making airblasting easier.

Valve will probably release the real Pyro items tomorrow. If not, I'm going to petition for a scout based update so that I can get some new engineer items.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: June 27, 2012, 04:14:30 am »

Thing is, most people will recognize these items as being shit, and thus not use them.
Makes the easy ones easier, but the good players stay good.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: June 27, 2012, 04:42:10 am »

Yep, all new weapons suck. I see no situation in which they could be useful. :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8770 on: June 27, 2012, 04:44:24 am »

In case people missed it at the bottom of the main pyromania page there has been added a discarded drinks can that links to  http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/soldierhome/, a continuation of the story from the halloween update.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: June 27, 2012, 05:39:59 am »

The weapons are all balanced fairly well, and would be useful in many a situation.

You've never played or watched competitive, have you?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: June 27, 2012, 05:50:47 am »

The weapons are all balanced fairly well, and would be useful in many a situation.

You've never played or watched competitive, have you?
Nope. :D Enlighten me.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: June 27, 2012, 06:59:52 am »

Didnt take time to read the stuff between this and my last post.
Then you missed us already pointing out that the Medic didn't get anything until the last day of his Meet The video update. There is absolutely no reason to think the Pyro won't get more stuff

Chill out
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:46 am »

Oh, okay.
Thanks for pointing that out. (again)

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 774