Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781810 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Pyromania is live! Day 3: Pyroland! "Believe in magic!"
« Reply #8970 on: June 28, 2012, 04:12:32 am »

They nerfed the backburner.

I can die in peace now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: June 28, 2012, 04:29:02 am »

I'm... actually okay with the "nerfs". Too bad about the degreaser, though, but everyone and their cousin was using it (which is usually a sign that it needed to be nerfed). Same thing goes for the Equalizer, everyone has it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: June 28, 2012, 04:35:41 am »

They nerfed the sticky jumper? THEY NERFED THE STICKY JUMPER?

Wait what did they do. I thought they just changed the sound effect? I haven't tried it yet.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: June 28, 2012, 04:51:27 am »

So, since there has been a postsplosion in this thread; and I read it here and can't find it after a few tries... what's the process to utilizing the ash? I checked the TF2 wiki but I might have done it wrong. Send me a pm if it negatively effects your mannconomy plot to have the general public know about it and I won't post it here if you don't want me to; or else I risk my ever so valuable forums honor.

EDIT: I'll re-read the last 5 or 10 pages again if I have to but I've missed what I saw the first time I went through twice now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:55:44 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: June 28, 2012, 04:59:41 am »

So, since there has been a postsplosion in this thread; and I read it here and can't find it after a few tries... what's the process to utilizing the ash? I checked the TF2 wiki but I might have done it wrong. Send me a pm if it negatively effects your mannconomy plot to have the general public know about it and I won't post it here if you don't want me to; or else I risk my ever so valuable forums honor.

EDIT: I'll re-read the last 5 or 10 pages again if I have to but I've missed what I saw the first time I went through twice now.
You craft 4 of them into a crate.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8975 on: June 28, 2012, 05:01:44 am »

The charred items can be crafted together 4 at a time on the last tab of the craft screen. the pile of ash produced is then used and produces a scorched crate, an item from this update or an item + crate.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:01 am »

You craft 4 of them into a crate.

Ahh, alright I knew that and have done that. You mean the pile of ash is a crate; or I need 3 more of those pile of ash combines after I've already combined the the first 4?

The charred items can be crafted together 4 at a time on the last tab of the craft screen. the pile of ash produced is then used and produces a scorched crate, an item from this update or an item + crate.

Hey Metalax, thanks! I have a Pile of Ash. How do I make that into a crate for instance?

EDIT: I have a feeling I'm being dumb and don't know how to use TF2 items. I shall figure it out. Thanks for what info you've given me already as it's probably all I need.

EDIT2: Click da button

Yep, I was being dumb, thanks again
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:28:36 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: June 28, 2012, 06:33:22 am »

Craft 4 "roasted X" items into one "pile of ash", then go in your backpack, select the "pile of ash" and click "use"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: June 28, 2012, 07:11:36 am »

Hehe yeah, I was like.. uh do I need four more of these? But anyways thank you B12 and you're welcome future readers.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: June 28, 2012, 07:31:07 am »

They nerfed the sticky jumper? THEY NERFED THE STICKY JUMPER?

Wait what did they do. I thought they just changed the sound effect? I haven't tried it yet.

You can't pick up the Intelligence whilst using it. To be entirely serious, it's fair enough; any reasonably good player could fly across most maps, grab the intel and fly back in literally two minutes and if you're rolling with a few people with the same loadout who work well together there's not a lot the other team can do.

To be entirely less serious fuck them and their big fat stupid game designer faces.

e: man, I haven't played the game in a while. They actually nerfed it way back on the 31st of last month, so there you go. I'm still frothing violently at the mouth.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:38:15 am by Jackrabbit »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: June 28, 2012, 07:51:15 am »

quick-fix medics can rocket/stick-jump along with their healing targets now, so you could simply take a quick-fix medic with you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: June 28, 2012, 07:51:32 am »

So wait... you use the roasted items that drop... and make a crate out of them?
And of course the crate needs a key right?

Oh valve you effing troll.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:19 am »

quick-fix medics can rocket/stick-jump along with their healing targets now, so you could simply take a quick-fix medic with you.
This is going to be so OP.

However, it also means that if you time it right, you can make a medic fall off the map while staying alive. Trolling medics... yeah!  8)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:06 am »

I just crafted the rainblower. The taunt is pretty awesome.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:33 am »

So wait... you use the roasted items that drop... and make a crate out of them?
And of course the crate needs a key right?

Oh valve you effing troll.

I think you can make one of the new weapons out of it too.

Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 774