Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781556 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine! Co-op mode! "Now we fight robots"
« Reply #9420 on: August 16, 2012, 05:17:50 am »

I want to love MvM, I really do, but it keeps crashing my game every few waves in. Until it gets fixed, I can't even play it.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:50 am »

I want to love MvM, I really do, but it keeps crashing my game every few waves in. Until it gets fixed, I can't even play it.
The server overload and most issues will probably be fixed in the next few days.

Also 8k people on waitlist. In total there are only a thousand servers.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: August 16, 2012, 05:22:19 am »

The server overload and most issues will probably be fixed in the next few days.

Also 8k people on waitlist. In total there are only a thousand servers.

I know it'll get fixed, but it still hurts to have great fun playing a few waves and then BAMPH, SORRY, TIMES UP YER CRASHED.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: August 16, 2012, 06:57:51 am »

What annoys me about the Pay To Play scheme is that i bought the damn game at full price back when it came out.
I understand valve has to make money from all the free players, or the players that bought the game for 5 bucks, but dammit! i already bought this game!
The ONLY thing i ever got from buying the game was the Veteran badge.

I think anybody who bought the game should get periodic free Tickets/Keys for the stupid crate.
Why?

For you personally, how many hours have you played the game?

I've played over 600 hours. For the sake of argument, lets say the game cost 60 bucks. (I think its fair to assume that for most of us, TF2 did not cost us 60 bucks) So that 10 cents per hour of play. Thats ridiculously cheap of investment. Yet, for some reason, Valve owes you more? And never mind, all the free content they've given you in the interim over the years. No, Valve stills owes you more, because sometime in the past, you spent a few bucks on them? And lets remember that that money, you spent on them a bit a go, is long and spent by valve, and you've probably costed them money to actually play the game with continued development cost for new content for the game, and infrastructure cost. Unless you happen to be buying from the MannCo store on a fairly regular basis.

This kind of arbitrary limitless entitlement crap, bugs me.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: August 16, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

Technically, even if he paid "full price" for it... aka bought the Orange Box.

That cost $50 at release and it had 5 games inside. So even if they were all valued equally, he only paid $10. Which is only $5 more than what most people paid for it. Even then the game didn't go free to play until last year, so he got 4 years of "exclusive" access for that price.

Clearly $2.50 a year is just too high a price to pay.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: August 16, 2012, 07:18:11 am »

I've put almost 2,000 hours into this game. I bought it when it was released and briefly got into the competitive scene, but didn't enjoy that AT ALL. I'm glad I paid for it, the game was worth what I paid at the time (which wasn't much). However I wouldn't spend a cent on it in its current form. I really can't stand all of this vanity crap and the added, needless complexity. It's like they're trying to string along a bunch of slow adults with short attention spans by releasing poorly designed hats, weapons, and.. everything. I want an official Vanilla Mode, or at least an easy way to prohibit any item released after the community item flood gates were opened. It's just too much, it's no longer as enjoyable. Am I alone with this opinion?

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: August 16, 2012, 07:21:32 am »

I think the biggest issue is they tried to announce it as something special on the third day with the map being the only other thing for people to get excited about, having it be a focus and phrasing it like you buy access to a special mode instead of just saying you are buying a hat at the end of a couple of missions makes even me a bit uneasy, and I only spent 50 cents on the game.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:37 am »

I see the whole thing as this.

"Gee, I've really had a fun time with this free game. If only there was a way to show my appreciation the the development team... Oh wait, there is! I can go to this Mann Co. store and buy a hat or a supply crate key to support the games future development. What an amazing idea!"
/personal opinion
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: August 16, 2012, 07:26:57 am »

I've put almost 2,000 hours into this game. I bought it when it was released and briefly got into the competitive scene, but didn't enjoy that AT ALL. I'm glad I paid for it, the game was worth what I paid at the time (which wasn't much). However I wouldn't spend a cent on it in its current form. I really can't stand all of this vanity crap and the added, needless complexity. It's like they're trying to string along a bunch of slow adults with short attention spans by releasing poorly designed hats, weapons, and.. everything. I want an official Vanilla Mode, or at least an easy way to prohibit any item released after the community item flood gates were opened. It's just too much, it's no longer as enjoyable. Am I alone with this opinion?
No, not really. I think it's kinda over the top as well. I think the peak for me was about the engie update. But it's mostly because I can't tell what the hell is going on any more and can't be arsed to follow along the neverending updates.

I'm very worried DotA 2 is following the same fate. It's not even released yet and sometimes I can't even identify what hero I'm fighting against. What with giant feathery hats and octopus heads and completely different models.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:36 am »

I'm quite happy with everything that's added. It doesn't really matter that much what the other people are using as nothing is broken or way more powerful than something else. Only thing that lessens my enjoyment is the people that are so much better than me that I feel I don't have a chance against them, which hasn't ever changed.

"More toys is more fun" is pretty much my feelings toward all the weapons that keep piling up. I love a game that keeps changing fundamentally, I don't like playing a static thing forever. If that makes me a slow adult with a short attention span, then fine. Though I think things staying the same forever is way easier for those people.

P.S. Dear Valve, your crap is broken. Still over half an hour of wait time and we're only closing in on peak hours.

EDIT: Okay, this sort of bugs me. Boot Camp is community servers, Mann Up is Valve servers? Feels like Valve isn't even making an effort to let people play their new game mode, if they only support their 0.74€ per mission thing with servers.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:26:40 am by LASD »

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:50 am »

TF2 used to be good stuff. The gotta catch em all hats and unlockable weapon shit just attracted more kiddies and retards to the game. Now I haven't really played since it became f2p shovelware, but I'm sure that the situation has not improved.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9431 on: August 16, 2012, 10:32:13 am »

I am glad that someone who hasn't played the game since something changed is allowed to tell us that a game most people in this thread loves is actually sh**
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:32 am »

Blah blah

I'm sorry, but that was kind of offensive and not at all constructive discussion. No point flaming here, we're all nice people.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:35:17 am by LASD »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: August 16, 2012, 11:05:06 am »

While a vanilla mode would be a nice idea for a change I don't really mind the boatloads of items. The mission thing looks like a moneygrubbing scheme, yes, that's kind of turning me off. But I seriously doubt that Coop was going to trump a good game of Payload or Special Delivery anyways.

BTW I did invest about 5€ into the game, came into it when it was F2P. I do not see any particular toxicity on any of the servers I frequent, and having played LoL before, that's a good thing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9434 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:26 am »

It's effectively the same as having to buy a key before you get a special crate. Of course, I find most of the weapons pretty ugly. I suppose I might enjoy the wrench.

I really am looking forward to playing some coop next time I have a LAN.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 774