Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781023 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine! Co-op mode! "Now we fight robots"
« Reply #9600 on: September 08, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »

I haven't been playing too long, but I get a cathartic smile when the heavy starts laughing maniacally when you've been firing nonstop for awhile.

Or when you blow up a bunch of buildings... KABOOM!

This was not the clip I was looking for, but I still have to post it.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:05 am »

The soldier wins this by the sheer silliness of his responses.
Otherwise, the scouts voice is just made of pure awesome.

"I am a robot, bloop, what is love?"
My mind automatically added a "baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more" in there.

Oh, this is now my favorite
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:04:35 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:35 am »

This was not the clip I was looking for, but I still have to post it.

Oh gods, that video is a classic. I crack up at 1:07 every time.

Soldier is hilarious, but for some reason I love the sniper. Even though I am a terrible sniper.

"Feelin's? Look mate, you know who hasalot o'feelins? Blokes what bludgeon their wife to death wif a golf trophy."

Also, the spy, simply for this panel. Really I find the "sane" characters funnier.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 04:50:58 am by kinseti »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: September 09, 2012, 05:01:46 am »

I'd say Heavy. He is so... simplistic. He can take delight in the smallest of things, like killing a dozen people in a dozen seconds.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: September 09, 2012, 05:14:45 am »

I'd say Heavy. He is so... simplistic. He can take delight in the smallest of things, like killing a dozen people in a dozen seconds.
To be fair, he sounds/is much smarter in Russian. Has a literature degree and stuff.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: September 09, 2012, 05:36:28 am »

To be fair, he sounds/is much smarter in Russian. Has a literature degree and stuff.

According to poker night...oh, poker night.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: September 10, 2012, 05:04:15 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g9C9hs6_dU&feature=plcp

This is probably the most awesome example of demoknighting ever!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: September 10, 2012, 07:33:41 pm »

I assume Heavy suffers from the same lingual problem as Bobby "Steroid" Gontarsky from Jagged Alliance 2 and onwards.
Stat wise he's strong smart has great aim and can repair things on top of that.

The problems? Aside of hating 2 (great) russian mercs and being hated by some of the best medics... he sounds like a lobotomized retard despite having a average wisdom stat. (this also makes him fun to have just for his quotes).

Basically... heavy is a smart chap but since he's not really talented with english he resorts to primitive battle cries and taunts he probably can't even understand.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: September 11, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

My favorite class WAS spy (tied with scout), then I learned how to airblast with the pyro and now I have a new best friend in MvM. I mean, ok, this is nuts, I just completed the first wave of medium difficulty Decoy with only myself, another pyro, and an engineer, all because I can just keep blast blast blasting the bomb off the bridge into the gulch forcing them to spend a significant amount of time pathing out of it, and about half the time they path the longer, more time consuming route.

That, and I can protect my engies from sentries by keeping the Sentry busters suspended in midair unable to move, and cheese the giants with medics by blasting those medics away. Maxing out airblasting is a must now, it can't be ignored, and that's easy when it's so cheap.

I'm a newer player, so of course this is old news to more experienced players, but to me this is astounding because I'd only ever see the occasional pyro blasting the bomb carrier to reset their route, and that made me think it was some high level technique that's not used often. From my experimentation though, it's the opposite, you can troll the robots by repeatedly forcing them to redo their route over and over and over again. I did it six times in a wave, it was awesome. And when I'm not blasting them to reset the bomb, I'm blasting the bomb carrier and entire groups of them backwards to earlier in the level; I once pushed the bomb from the hatch all the way back to the enemy spawn. Take that!

Instant new favorite. I just wish that airblasting worked better on giant bots rather than just bounce them in the air for a second, which doesn't even faze them.

I even had fun with some random guys, and we formed a four-man pyro patrol, and with two engies we steamrolled over that mission.

Now I'm starting to wish there were giant campaign missions you could participate in with many more waves, cause now the medium difficulty missions are too easy for me, but the advanced difficulty ones are still horrendously difficult, and I want the difficulty to keep ramping on the medium missions so I can keep putting my upgraded stuff to good use rather than having to start over again. I'd even like to keep going so long that I might eventually max out every stat. Some sort of infinite mode would be awesome, that starts off simple but keeps getting harder and harder would be awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: September 11, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »

Yeah, it sucks that you cant ever upgrade to full, i never usually BOTHER with secondaries.
Recently i have found a very powerfully upgraded grenade launcher to be very amusing.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »

Yeah, it sucks that you cant ever upgrade to full, i never usually BOTHER with secondaries.
Recently i have found a very powerfully upgraded grenade launcher to be very amusing.

fully upgraded loch is hilarious.  Max fire speed, damage, and reload speed and you have a 200-250 damage rapid fire grenade launcher.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56:06 am »

Engie in MvM is surprisingly fun. This coming from somebody who shudders in horror at the tought of having to engiecamp in normal matches.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: September 16, 2012, 11:46:35 am »

I was surprised, when I first started out, I got the most points playing Engie (as evidenced from the stats page that pops up when loading a map), then I nearly doubled that when I played heavy and had a really good medic healing me, and then I nearly doubled that again when I was just experimenting with my combat engie build w/ the widowmaker. Sweet tits was that awesome.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: September 16, 2012, 11:53:53 am »

fully upgraded loch is hilarious.  Max fire speed, damage, and reload speed and you have a 200-250 damage rapid fire grenade launcher.

With ridiculous AoE.
This assumes you can hit things, though.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 774