Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781270 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Update OUT, free weekend ON!
« Reply #480 on: May 23, 2009, 10:40:08 am »

Tip of the day:

Read before you post.

;) @ Nilocy

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 23, 2009, 11:38:47 am »

*facepalms* sorry, was a long night :( But I'm glad they've acknowledged it and all so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 23, 2009, 12:23:17 pm »

I do that sometimes.

I hope they fix the rates soon. I've been playing for two days and nothing yet. It should average on around 1 and a half item a day, ie, 3 items in 2 days. 6-8 hours played in two days and nothing.... wtf...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 23, 2009, 01:39:55 pm »

Second major noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they made it so cloaked spies can't taunt kill. I thought that was an intended feature! Especially since it slightly uncloaked you like when you take damage or bump someone.

That was a huge problem when it worked against sentry guns.  WAY overpowered.  And if you make it not work against guns, but still work about people, but only when you're cloaked, that's weird.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2009, 01:47:12 pm »

Well duh. Scouts can't taunt kill while Bonk!-immortal either.

How unfair would that be?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2009, 02:14:44 pm »

Well duh. Scouts can't taunt kill while Bonk!-immortal either.

How unfair would that be?

Yes they can!  Or at least they could.  Or at least I saw videos with people doing that a lot.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2009, 04:41:52 pm »

I tried earlier today. It got fixored, I guess. The taunt broke in the middle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:40 pm »

Yea some way to influince what items you get would be nice.  Hopefully when they announce what that will be it won't be some messed up harebrained thing like the system is now.  They didn't get rid of achievement servers.  The new achievement servers are ones that everybody just sits in spawn with the left or right key taped down for whatever the max round time servers can set.

I imagined it would be a low % chance to get an item for a class if you kill that class. For the ones currently without unlocks, a random weapon.  Makes sense, and prevents everybody from all playing the same class(after all if you want the spy achievements you would then go pyro, not try to spy vs spy).  I suppose there's still hope of that kinda thing happening to influence the effect.  And I have my fingers crossed for any kind of sanity at the moment. 

Defiantly not impressed and yes I think I will cry moar.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 23, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »

Nope. Played a buncha sniper and got the sandman. Didn't play scout. Didn't kill really any scouts.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2009, 12:30:57 am »

Once they put trade in, the whining might slow down a bit, since people with 3+ whatevers will be able to trade for other crap or gift friends/newbies.

They mentioned more rares incoming, like the hats. I hope for random stats on weapons and maybe even more sets of weapons for each class. *shrugs*

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2009, 01:11:27 am »

Personally I liked the achievement/item unlock system, until of course the achievement servers popped up. Even those were alright for people who were wayyyy behind in the game, but it totally ruined the point. Getting items became a job.

And now.. well now it seems like it's even more of a job. Except NOW you'll have people bragging about their leetness when they shoot off your head with a bow and arrow. And you'll also come across the rare jackass with the hat who you just want to strangle because he taunts you after every kill.

Good times!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2009, 04:09:10 am »

This guy on the steam forums says exactly how I feel about the unlock system.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2009, 04:11:03 am »

You actually ventured onto the steam forums?

brave man.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2009, 07:33:35 am »

I played some new maps yesterday and i found that PL_Pipeline should be renamed PL_Passchendaele. At one point, both sides had 4 turrets on the ground with a further 4 dispensers in the dugout, 2 pyros for airblasting any grenades and atleast 1 sniper permanently staring at the overlook window. Charging across the middle was completely impossible even with ubercharges because of the immense knockback power and cloaking a spy through it didn't work either because everybody knew who was supposed to to near the blockade and who wasn't.

After 40 min stalemate we finally breached it with 5 soldiers and 5 kritzkrieg medics. Hoodoo is an improvement over barren wasteland Badwater but it feels too cramped in places.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2009, 09:40:22 am »

I played some new maps yesterday and i found that PL_Pipeline should be renamed PL_Passchendaele. At one point, both sides had 4 turrets on the ground with a further 4 dispensers in the dugout, 2 pyros for airblasting any grenades and atleast 1 sniper permanently staring at the overlook window. Charging across the middle was completely impossible even with ubercharges because of the immense knockback power and cloaking a spy through it didn't work either because everybody knew who was supposed to to near the blockade and who wasn't.

After 40 min stalemate we finally breached it with 5 soldiers and 5 kritzkrieg medics.

So basically, good teamwork should be discouraged?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 774