Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781349 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Bump for potential Bay12 team discussions
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'm in as (in order of desirability) Pyro and Demoman/Engineer. I can play Sniper too, if it's really needed. But I'm not that good.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

We oughtta make a new thread for the Bay12 Group, IMO. My best classes are scout (by far), sniper, and medic. I'm a good engie, too, but that doesn't really rely upon combat skill. I can play decently with pretty much any class. Except soldier. I cannot rocket jump to save my life.

Also, when I'm asking in the happy thread if we should make a TF2 thread, how come nobody told me we already had one?

Here's the story I shared on the happy thread:
Alright, I have another TF2 happy/brag, does anyone think that a FPS discussion thread might be a good idea instead?

Spoiler: the happy/brag (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I try to pick whatever class would benefit my team most.  That's usually Medic so I've gotten pretty decent at that, and I can do short circuit engineer pretty well too.  In terms of combat classes I'd say heavy is my favourite followed by soldier.

I can't really play sniper or demoman at all.  I'm also usually terrible as the Spy, so it's weird that my overall highscore is with the Spy (I got into this weird zen state where I was constantly getting headshots with the ambassador, and I haven't been able to recreate that).

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I'm a decent spy, I guess. I've found that I'm not too bad as a soldier, and I'm pretty good with a huntsman. Granted, that probably won't be worth much, but still.

Classes you shouldn't let my play include Demo, regular old sniper, or scout.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I've actually been writing out and perfecting my personal code of conduct for TF2. I'm hoping to publish it on the guides section and get a bunch of people to agree to it.

Suggest others if you think of good ones.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thou shalt not interrupt a non-harmful taunt with gunfire, rocket fire, or just regular fire.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I just realized that I always thank medics automatically, so I didn't think of that. That's definitely going on there too. Say, if I publish this list in the guides section, would you guys want be credited individually or as a group? Individually being "this one was suggested by Caroline, and this one by Greenstarfanatic, and this one by...", as a group being "and thanks to Caroline, Greenstarfanatic, and Urist McFiller for contributing to this!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Really it's only snipers, spies and maybe sometimes engineers that are bad in large amounts.  A team with 5 of a particular combat class will probably do fine as long as they play well (unless maybe the map is really bad for them).  Don't tell me you've never faced the wrath of a demospam team
Thou shalt not interrupt a non-harmful taunt with gunfire, rocket fire, or just regular fire.
They're just trying to mock someone else, I don't see why I shouldn't kill them.  Although you're right, you should try and make it a tauntkill if you can.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Really, anyone stupid enough to taunt in the middle of battle needs to learn why it's a bad idea.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I was speaking more in terms of multi-person taunts. Like if you come across two people flipping in a corner, or if two people from opposite teams decided to conga in a way that isn't interrupting the battle.

Maybe it's just me, not playing competitively at all and not really playing on 'Normal' gamemodes often, but I just let 'em do their thing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just me, not playing competitively at all and not really playing on 'Normal' gamemodes often, but I just let 'em do their thing.
It's players like you that make the game fun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Really, anyone stupid enough to taunt in the middle of battle needs to learn why it's a bad idea.

I taunt in the middle of battle all the time, and it helped my team greatly

....I was using the amputator though
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My personal code of conduct:
-Ignore rivalries completely. If that guy is salty and obviously gunning for you, or you're getting salty, take note and have the discipline to not care, and to treat every opponent with the same casual level of engagement. Going on a desperate chase to get "revenge" or prove something is ridiculous and makes the game less fun for everyone involved.
-Give enemies a fair shake. This means not spawncamping, charging bodyshots at nothing, waiting with sticky traps, or any tactics that don't give your opponent some chance to win or escape. Part of the game is using strategy to get an edge, but sticky trap a spawn door and you're no better than someone using cheats, at least so far as that person's death goes.
-If most people are there to play the game and the teams are close, the kind of hoovy/spycrab/crouch-melee/conga crap is only going to make teammates frustrated, and shouldn't be encouraged. But if the environment is more relaxed, it's not worth killing them.
-Chat's usually a cesspool of overused binds and insults, should probably just leave it disabled and not engage in it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I taunt in the middle of battle all the time, and it helped my team greatly

....I was using the amputator though
Best taunt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 774