Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781312 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Snipers have plenty of counters. Spies, scouts, demomen are just a few obvious ones.
Spies: Only if the sniper isn't aware enough.
Scouts: Takes a good number of them
Demomen: ...barely. Rolling pipes is hardly a reliable strategy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Snipers have plenty of counters. Spies, scouts, demomen are just a few obvious ones.
Spies: Only if the sniper isn't aware enough.
Scouts: Takes a good number of them
Demomen: ...barely. Rolling pipes is hardly a reliable strategy.
Spies: A good spy will have plenty of plans to deal with the sniper. The revolver is quite powerful.
Scouts: One point-blank shot kills the sniper. They are also extremely fast and can change direction mid air via double jump. If a scout is going in a straight line, they are doing it wrong.
Demomen: Bombs arc, bounce of walls, have area damage. You don't need to be in the line of sight to kill the sniper. You can also sticky jump straight to the sniper and proceed to kill him.

EDIT: Anyway, I'll be up to pubstomp in a few hours, as long as the server is in the US. Anything farther than that and I end up with unbearable lag. US is tolerable if I'm lucky.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I'll probably be on after 4.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

The ambassador is very good against snipers.  It's easy to get a headshot against a guy who's scoped in, and then you only need one bodyshot to finish them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do not challenge a sniper to a headshot duel.
You simply don't.

:P
Yes you do. Most don't even pay attention to their surroundings.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Man, coldfront is a great sniper map, without it feeling too unbalanced.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm available to play right now and will be for another hour, as long as you are in the americas. Just send an invite on steam if you aren't on my friendlist and I'll join up to the server of your choice.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even a relatively alert sniper can't watch every angle at once (unless there's some horrible aimbotting going on).  They'd have to be able to spot a team-mate appearing quite a long way away in order to beat you.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I wish there was  'Snipers Headshotted' strange part, I'd really like it. I have a strange Hitman's Heatmaker with a headshot counter, and a lot of them are sniper kills. I have another headshot strange part, if anyone's looking for one. Price is 1 key+3 ref.

If we end up pubstomping this evening, we should all wear Gibuses and Pyrovision Goggles, act like total newbs, and kill everyone anyway.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Man, things are just starting but I have to go to sleep :C

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Getting on to pubstomp right about now, Imma be playing Control Points, unless anyone wants to do anything else?

I'll be wearing a Gibus and Pyrovision Goggles, and maybe a badge.

Thought: We should call ourselves the Golden Gibus gang, and KoSS can be the gang leader.

EDIT: When I got on, the menu music was the MvM trailer music (which I love) and I thought, "We should do an MvM tour sometime soon!" It would help in farming for Australium weapons, since having a group together ahead of time significantly decreases the time it takes to get ready and also helps strategically. We might optionally have a dealie wherein all the Austrailium weapons we find are sold on the market (for metal/keys, if it's not a frying pan) and all proceeds are split equally, or weighted based on if anyone used a squad surplus thing, but that would be up to whoever got the group together.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:18:01 pm by tahujdt »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Argh I want to play with you guys curse my having to be at college during the week.

Maybe this Friday night or Saturday. I'm a pretty good medic, I keep everyone in my general radius healed as much as possible. And I generally try not to die or lose an uber.  Also good at pipe bomb demoman or soldier.

I'd be up for a MvM tour. Think I have a ticket somewhere. You need tickets don't you? And to get tickets you buy them right? I haven't played MvM seriously outside of pubbing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Argh I want to play with you guys curse my having to be at college during the week.

Maybe this Friday night or Saturday. I'm a pretty good medic, I keep everyone in my general radius healed as much as possible. And I generally try not to die or lose an uber.  Also good at pipe bomb demoman or soldier.

I'd be up for a MvM tour. Think I have a ticket somewhere. You need tickets don't you? And to get tickets you buy them right? I haven't played MvM seriously outside of pubbing.

You need tickets to get all the special drops.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I don't have tickets, or money to buy them, sadly.
Don't worry, we can all pitch in, you're the best pyro around.*

*In the immediate vicinity.

I've got a lot of money after working double shifts as a lifeguard for most of the summer. I'll loan you a few periodically, even if nobody else pitches in.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's been suggested that tour of duty tickets are (on average) more valuable than the drops you get from using them, so I wouldn't worry about them too much.
Getting on to pubstomp right about now, Imma be playing Control Points, unless anyone wants to do anything else?

I'll be wearing a Gibus and Pyrovision Goggles, and maybe a badge.

Thought: We should call ourselves the Golden Gibus gang, and KoSS can be the gang leader.
What's your Steam name?
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 774