Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781924 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Update OUT!
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2009, 11:36:36 pm »

So I've been on a medic spree all day. Then in the last game some guy who had just joined the server decided to rant about how bad of a medic I was because I had been healing a heavy.

What. The fuck.

I would have done the same thing. Medics are supposed to heal spies and engineers. Heavies have sandwiches to heal THEMSELVES.

yeesh bad medics everywhere

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 28, 2009, 01:20:24 am »

Seriously man. You put us medics to shame. Healing a HEAVY?! He has like 300 health and a sandvich! You have squishier targets to heal!

*Bzzrt*

Sorry. Sarcasm overload.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2009, 02:19:18 am »

Oh, and uncloaking with the Dead Ringer seems to totally drain it now, regardless of where it's at when you uncloak. Way to make it even worse, valve.

(Unless it was just one server that did that..)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 28, 2009, 03:05:23 am »

When I go medic, I like to heal demos or pyros. But I don't do it the same way you just follow a heavy around.

For example, in 2fort, I will run around the inside of the front of the enemy's base while the pyros and demos are causing chaos inside. My task is to heal them when they run back to me. It's impossible for me to follow them since I'll die easily but this way, they stand a much better chance of doing what they're supposed to do... run in and out while causing havoc. Unlike a dispenser, I don't stand still in one place either, so spies have a slightly harder time.

In the beginning, teammates occasionally complain about how I don't follow them around but I think they understand after awhile when they realize they don't die so easily with a health source just outside.

I think when I heal a heavy, I become a much too big a target. And they move too slow... I find it so boring.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 28, 2009, 03:58:31 am »

Yeh for those who don't know there is a console command item_unlocked which can be used to trick your current server into thinking you just received an item. It doesn't actually do anything except display the unlock message though so it doesn't actually give you the items.
In fact, the guys at the receiving end of the bug said they really got the items and I saw them use a variety of the hats they got.

Also, after only some dozen minutes of play yesterday, I got the Ambassador! Though I haven't yet hit anyone with it as the latest patch seems to have pushed my computer's TF2 performance to the wrong side of the line that reads: "Playable" and I've run out of settings to lower. Luckily I've got already half a computer's worth of gift money through the post and the real graduation day isn't until Saturday.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 06:21:26 am by LASD »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 28, 2009, 06:51:27 am »

Use of the Ambassador has shown that while the first shot is dead-on in the middle of the aiming cross, and can be a very lethal headshot, the shots afterwards are all as inaccurate as the original revolver. I would not say as inaccurate as the heavy, but pretty damn close.

So alas, I have to learn to wait a bit for the gun to 'cool off' if I ever hope to sniper with it. And now things have gotten better.

I'm also starting to curse spy videos from back when the knife distance was much larger.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

chewd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »

-sigh- you guys are making me jones for TF

I used to play TF1 back in the day, but since TF2 is only available through steam (a program that has no place on my computer) i've never had a chance to try it.

Hopefully someday someone will come up with a working hack for steam & i can go back to buying valves games again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:30:07 pm by chewd »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 28, 2009, 02:13:09 pm »

What's wrong with Steam?

/flame on

(no, seriously, are you on an obscure OS that doesn't run it or something, because it's great)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 28, 2009, 04:48:34 pm »

Fixed
What's wrong with Steam?

/flame on

(no, seriously, are you on an non-windows OS or something, because it's great)

I cannot run source engine games for more than a few minutes without my computer overheating lately... It's really infuriating because I do seems to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:50:31 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 28, 2009, 05:10:37 pm »

Huh, for some weird reason I thought Steam was possible to run on Linux, dunno why I thought that though.  I'm probably wrong.

Are all your fans working?  Hmm...  Is the heatsink secured properly to your CPU?  (One time I found out like half a year after getting a computer that the heatsink was on backwards, and was only touching half the CPU)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 28, 2009, 05:14:48 pm »

Well I keep getting video glitches, so I think it's my card that's overheating.  I just got a new one too, should have registered it for the warranty.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 29, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »

So the only new unlockable that I'm missing now is Jarate. Excluding, of course, the Razorback because I would not use it even if I had it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »

I havn't gotten any new ones in a while.  Still have The Huntsman and Razorback.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 29, 2009, 04:40:05 pm »

I played for an hour or so the other day.  Didn't get a single thing, though a few other folks did.  Then my computer overheated.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 29, 2009, 04:41:59 pm »

I played for an hour or so the other day.  Didn't get a single thing, though a few other folks did.  Then my computer overheated.

You should get that checked out.

I mean, yo shod get tat checkd out dog.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 774