Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781517 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Update OUT!
« Reply #585 on: May 31, 2009, 05:24:28 am »

You know how the default bow aim is a ( . )?  You put the target inside that area if he's still. You predict ahead if he's not. Nothing so hard about it.

Yeah... You know... Except for the whole part where you have to calculate exact physics with no depth perception... Quite hard.

The Huntsman does have a bit of a learning curve! But I guess once you use something enough you'll just get a feel for it; now I certainly haven't learned to use this thing yet myself, but I can see it being really handy in the inventory of a skilled 'hunter'. I'm sure they'll put out a few updates for it as well.
I'm praying they will do 3 things:
1. Remove the stupid aim screwing up, it's pointless and annoying
2. Make fire arrows stay even if you stop holding the arrow drawn.
3. Make fire arrows give the pyro an assist, that way they will be more likely to give you a fire arrow.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 31, 2009, 09:02:48 am »

You know how the default bow aim is a ( . )?  You put the target inside that area if he's still. You predict ahead if he's not. Nothing so hard about it.

Yeah... You know... Except for the whole part where you have to calculate exact physics with no depth perception... Quite hard.

The Huntsman does have a bit of a learning curve! But I guess once you use something enough you'll just get a feel for it; now I certainly haven't learned to use this thing yet myself, but I can see it being really handy in the inventory of a skilled 'hunter'. I'm sure they'll put out a few updates for it as well.
3. Make fire arrows give the pyro an assist, that way they will be more likely to give you a fire arrow.

I agree entirely. I was literally running after some pyro BEGGING him to light it on fire and he said "no it dosn't giv points"

So yeah...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 31, 2009, 10:50:17 am »

I agree entirely. I was literally running after some pyro BEGGING him to light it on fire and he said "no it dosn't giv points"

So yeah...

A pyro that doesn't want to light things on fire?  What's wrong with him?  I light everything that'll burn...  ;D

KG

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 31, 2009, 12:46:17 pm »

This just in: I played as a pyro and lit some sniper's arrow on fire.

He proceeded to YELL AT ME. Saying it makes the arrow inaccurate or something.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2009, 12:57:34 pm »

medic....medic....mumble....only way to win........medic......win.......medic.....mumble......win.....

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2009, 01:22:48 pm »

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIC AAAAAAAAAARTIIIIIIIIIILLEEEEEEEEEEERYYYYYYY!!!!

I yell that whenever I start spraying needles.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »

So yeah...

Wow, what a fucktard.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 31, 2009, 01:28:19 pm »

I like mocking people who think you have to have lots of medics to win in TF2.  I've seen teams with only spies, only snipers, only engineers win.  It's all strategy.  If your team is good it shouldn't need medics anyway....unless you release the dreaded medic-medic pair. AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHH!!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 31, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »

What about a medic rush where you just have 12 medics who deployed their uber at the same time? The sheer lol factor would cripple any team.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 31, 2009, 01:41:40 pm »

I wish more people took TF2 less seriously.  Doing what Yanlin just said would cause the EARTH TO BURST INTO FLAMES.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 31, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »

No, what makes it hard is people doing random movements. If you don't have a depth of perception based on things sizes you have something wrong going on in your brain. Anyone gets used to that in FPS games.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 31, 2009, 02:05:26 pm »

I wish more people took TF2 less seriously.  Doing what Yanlin just said would cause the EARTH TO BURST INTO FLAMES.

We actually pretty much did that in an Arena game a few days ago. Both sides went all medic for the most part (there were a few losers who didn't) and epic hilarity ensued.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 31, 2009, 02:21:38 pm »

Yeah I'm going to complain about the wonky aiming of the Huntsman here.. I've noticed that you have to aim slightly diagonal for your arrow to hit where you want it at medium range.
     |
___|___
(+) |
     |

For example, see above; that would be a headshot if the (+) was a head. Otherwise it'll wizz right past. Or am I doing something wrong? I even tested it on the little target in the resupply room.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »

No, what makes it hard is people doing random movements. If you don't have a depth of perception based on things sizes you have something wrong going on in your brain. Anyone gets used to that in FPS games.

Nice of you to imply I am stupid instead of understanding what the hell I'm talking about.

You get used to it sure. But you can't just come in there and be awesome with it right off the bat.

Sure, depth perception is possible through the movement of objects and the use of two different points of view-- the way our eyes do it...

But it's quite hard when your eyes are still looking at a 2D picture and can't make the calculation. They have to rely on practice practice practice.

I could go on and describe the exact process, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 31, 2009, 02:33:31 pm »

Nice of you to imply I am stupid instead of understanding what the hell I'm talking about.

You get used to it sure. But you can't just come in there and be awesome with it right off the bat.

Sure, depth perception is possible through the movement of objects and the use of two different points of view-- the way our eyes do it...

But it's quite hard when your eyes are still looking at a 2D picture and can't make the calculation. They have to rely on practice practice practice.

I could go on and describe the exact process, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that.

So you're just complaining that you can't totally annihilate everyone without any effort?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 774