Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781970 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 war-themed hat simulator!
« Reply #10890 on: July 01, 2015, 09:16:15 pm »

RIP pyros.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: July 01, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

The loch-n-load change seems like a straight nerf.

Because it was overpowered.

Then maybe they shouldn't have given a two-barreled grenade launcher that deals +20% more damage to everything an extra grenade shot and make the 2-barreled grenade launcher hold 3 grenades in 2 barrels.

Why would I use a grenade launcher with 1 less grenade that has to land direct hits AND has faster moving projectiles than default pipes, requiring relearning projectile prediction, all for only an extra +20% damage to buildings when I'd probably use a sticky launcher on buildings instead? It sounds completely inferior to stock grenade launcher now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: July 01, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »

The loch-n-load change seems like a straight nerf.

Because it was overpowered.

Then maybe they shouldn't have given a two-barreled grenade launcher that deals +20% more damage to everything an extra grenade shot and make the 2-barreled grenade launcher hold 3 grenades in 2 barrels.

Why would I use a grenade launcher with 1 less grenade that has to land direct hits AND has faster moving projectiles than default pipes, requiring relearning projectile prediction, all for only an extra +20% damage to buildings when I'd probably use a sticky launcher on buildings instead? It sounds completely inferior to stock grenade launcher now.

Now it's a crutch for people that have trouble with pipe prediction, and now also serves a secondary purpose against buildings. I'm perfectly ok with that.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: July 01, 2015, 10:30:15 pm »

Now it's a crutch for people that have trouble with pipe prediction, and now also serves a secondary purpose against buildings. I'm perfectly ok with that.

Sounds like it would be basically useless then. If you're playing demo to destroy buildings, use sticky bombs. If you're not running sticky bombs you're probably relying on either grenade launchers - which you'd want to be good for fights against other players, so either good damage or good mag size- or running melee demoknight where you aren't going to be destroying sentry nests.

No reason to use the new LnL as a pure grenadier loadout rather than the stock or iron bomber, due to LnL having only 3 pipes and it requires direct hits, aka exact aim to get damage out of it. And as a melee demo you wouldn't use a pipe launcher anyway. And if you're running pure explosives with stickies and grenades then you'd probably use stickies to destroy buildings and nests rather than grenades.

One positive with the new LnL is that buildings can't dodge your shots, I guess.

If people have a hard time landing direct hits with pipes then they should practice more with the default launcher than use a crutch. Or play another class less reliant on projectile prediction.
---------------
I dunno why I'm reacting like this to the LnL change, I didn't even use it before. I guess it rubs me the wrong way that they take a viable weapon and rather than adjusting the already existing stats -like, lower the bonus damage or lower the explosive radius or something- they completely rewrite it so that now it seems completely overshadowed by the alternative weapons.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:41 pm »

The LnL was borked from Day 1. First is was not viable and honestly kinda broken with damage spread, then horribly overpowered, now it's a situational crutch.

I'm just waiting for the update to hit proper so I can better gauge the nerf to the Baby Face's Blaster, which was even more overpowered.

The only thing I'm legit upset about it that the Vacc doesn't protect against crits passively anymore, and that it has a large uber building penalty on overhealed patient, which seemed GROSSLY unnecessary. But it seems it has a new mechanic attached to it, so I'll have to experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:23 pm »

Stock grenade is pretty good for taking out sentries if you've got a shield.
New Lnl seems useless. the damage boost against buildings doesn't outweigh having to be in line-of-sight.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

dodging is not counterplay, except maybe trivially

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »

Edit: I don't think I really knew what Putman was saying, I think he also may have edited his post a bit?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:04:43 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: July 02, 2015, 12:09:44 am »

Interest-

I immediately saw the six dollar tagline.

What. Why do we need to charge money for this. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but why? It sounds awesome but if they're charging money for one of a kind weapons after doing challenges....

Whatever. Not gonna get anything even if it was free with my luck :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: July 02, 2015, 12:10:23 am »

Interest-

I immediately saw the six dollar tagline.

What. Why do we need to charge money for this. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but why? It sounds awesome but if they're charging money for one of a kind weapons after doing challenges....

Whatever. Not gonna get anything even if it was free with my luck :P

This is basically a mashup of CS:GO's item drops and Dota 2's compendium system, seems about normal to me.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:27 am »

Ah... Though looking over spy changes...

I feel like they nerfed the dead ringer a bit too much. Until I see it in gameplay, I will see it as a nerf. I mean, it just feels like they took complaints about it and nerfed it. The -50 cloak on feign death and no ammo pickup while cloaked is the main thing I'm looking at. Maybe I'm too newb and rely on it a lot, but I like to play a spy that is more a harassment more than an effctive thing(though i do be effective sometimse), sooo I dunno.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: July 02, 2015, 12:23:23 am »

sorry i was wrong that system is basically copy+pasted from CS:GO

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:45 am »

a good DR spy shouldn't be grabbing ammo anyways, since a good pyro will set the ammo places on fire.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: July 02, 2015, 12:48:01 am »

a good DR spy shouldn't be grabbing ammo anyways, since a good pyro will set the ammo places on fire.
A good pyro would set all the places on fire. :p

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: July 02, 2015, 12:50:37 am »

A good pyro would set all the places on fire. :p
The best Pyro would burn both teams.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 774