Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 782005 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Classless update is here!
« Reply #930 on: August 28, 2009, 07:52:47 am »

625 seems kinda... large. How many people play TF2 for 625 hours? I know I got my hat after about two hours, with about ten hours total playtime (my computer sucks too much for it to be worth it). Of course, I really wanted a WEAPON, not a hat, so Murphy's Law may be in effect.

Have collected more data. It tends to hover at around 31 items per hour (the exact number 31 has shown up like, eight times, with 36 being highest and 28 being lowest) for 11k people, making the average 458ish instead. That's a measly 19 days of idling.

EDIT: "Nineteen Days Of Idling" sounds like the title of a movie. It'd have a description like "This summer, Jim Carrey is an ordinary workaholic, until one day..." and then it'd cut to a doctor saying "You're going to have to spend nineteen days out of the year being idle or you'll die" and it'd be this zany comedy movie where the guy struggles to relax and not do anything interesting.

But yeah, like I said, it deals with probability, and what's worse, probability spread out over twenty five thousand users, so there will be, you know, say, two people who got hats while I was typing this, and quite a few more who will read this post and never, EVER receive a hat.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:58:01 am by shadow_archmagi »
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #931 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:04 am »

I have five sandviches. :D
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:58 am »

YOu never can have enough of those!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 28, 2009, 10:55:34 am »

Yarg, I crashed, I was just about to hook up my mic too.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:10 am »

JOHBSON HAS THE FANCY FEDORA!

KEEEL HEEEEEM!

and give it to me. career spies need it, not him.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 28, 2009, 10:59:45 am »

JOHBSON HAS THE FANCY FEDORA!

KEEEL HEEEEEM!

and give it to me. career spies need it, not him.

I'm a spy all the time, I was just completely off my game today.

I'm usually fantastic.   8)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 28, 2009, 11:07:59 am »

remember that time i kept poking you in the back?

and again?

and again?

:3

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:13 pm »

You would not believe how many Dead Ringers I have. At one point, I had like 5 of them, and that was BEFORE I started idling and getting 3 of them in a row. Of course, none of them have different levels.

I don't even like the Dead Ringer. Can't stand it, both the Cloak and Dagger and regular Invisibility Watch seem better to me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:48 pm »

I had at least 8 bonks.

Now I have tw... OH WAIT,I got another one this morning.

At least I have every unlock,even if duplicates. But damned if I didn't have to work for that ubersaw...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:46:49 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 28, 2009, 01:53:31 pm »

You would not believe how many Dead Ringers I have. At one point, I had like 5 of them, and that was BEFORE I started idling and getting 3 of them in a row. Of course, none of them have different levels.

I don't even like the Dead Ringer. Can't stand it, both the Cloak and Dagger and regular Invisibility Watch seem better to me.
C&D and DR both have their uses, its the invis watch that is redundant. (I can't imagine a situation in which I wouldn't want to use one of the others.

A good tip for if you want to use the DR to cloak and run across an area like you would with the normal invis watch is to disguise as a player on your own team, run out and use it and when the enemies shoot you they'll think they've shot a player with low health rather than suspecting a spy. You'll then be cloaked and you wont show up if shot like you would using the invis watch. The C&D beats the normal invis watch any day because its simply too useful to be able to regenerate cloak while cloaked and thus be able to move stealthily for longer, plus if you are cloaking to throw off pursuers with the C&D it's easier to lose them and stay invisible while they search than it is with the invis watch when you'll either uncloak painfully early or else leave a trail intelligent people can follow from picking up ammo packs. Oh last thing, if using C&D then use crouch+forward to use up cloak a lot slower.

I have all the weapons from achievements. (Never used a farming server, I'm just that awesome!) I don't have any duplicates because I delete them when I get them and so does my idler program.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 28, 2009, 03:06:49 pm »

Actually, the normal invisibility watch works fine as long as you know VERY well where the ammo spawns are.

And I have multiple of every weapon except the FaN, which I don't have, and no hats.

Oh you little bastards.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 28, 2009, 03:08:48 pm »

I have one hat. It's the stupidest one. The sniper's trophy hat.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Who's the tough guy now? Huh, tough guy?"
« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2009, 06:06:43 pm »

But don't you see? PAYING people for mods? That's the revolution right there!

Alot of games are mods. If Gears of war uses the Unreal engine 2.05 And UT3 uses 2.05 one game would be a mod of the other because a "mod" is just the stuff besides the engine.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2009, 07:52:52 pm »

Actually, the normal invisibility watch works fine as long as you know VERY well where the ammo spawns are.
That's my point, if you know where the ammo spawns are so do others, hell I've used that knowledge to catch DR spies before when they were heading to the health and I was heading to the health not for myself but because I figured they would. With the C&D though there's no spot they will likely head for. I'm a real bastard because I normally cloak running in one direction immediately turn then stand in the middle of a room and dodge people. Unless you get really unlucky it's easy enough to predict peoples movement and if they are firing randomly to look for you it's easy to dodge that too.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »

Randomizer servers are crazy.

Scout with mini-gun?

Heavy with med-gun?

Pyro with REVOLVER.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 774