Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777740 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR! Update! Close Combat Kit for Demo!
« Reply #1560 on: December 15, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »

My war poster submission.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1561 on: December 15, 2009, 03:40:08 pm »

I've got three posters... though they aren't exactly lovely works like Soulwynds, I had fun making them in garry's mod.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 15, 2009, 05:40:48 pm »

Maybe the soldier gets a chainsaw. Rocket launcher. Chainsaw rocket launcher.

Do want.

And now I want to duel-wield eyelanders...

Ah, but you can! The unknown third weapon is...ANOTHER SWORD!!!

But really. These 2 weapons don't really fit in with the demolition man. The 3rd better or damn it, I'm seriously going to play demo to help it get the 4th weapon that will be demo-related (I've been half-heartedly playing Demo to provide easy kills for opposing Soldiers). However, it does tie in with his Scottish heritage.

But I'm excited for the Demo's new stuff regardless. I'll definitely be playing Demo more. This has to be the most playstyle-affecting class update yet. I'm eager to see the 3rd Demo weapon and all the Soldier weapons.

And I still think both Soldier and Demo will get a 4th weapon. This will likely be due to Soldier and Demo killing each other at the same time in the story. Or neither will get it, because the power of friendship overpowers their competition.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1563 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:04 pm »

Currently, the Demoman isn't the most useful guy on the front lines. I'm betting Valve made the Eyelander and the Chargin' Targe to give him the extra kick he needs for offense.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:23 pm »

Currently, the Demoman isn't the most useful guy on the front lines. I'm betting Valve made the Eyelander and the Chargin' Targe to give him the extra kick he needs for offense.
He is a defense class(not that I'm complaining mind you).

It wouldn't surprise me if they release an extra weapon for ALL the classes before long, otherwise people will complain that the demo/soldier have more weapons than them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:41 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 15, 2009, 06:18:29 pm »

I don't care about no label for classes.

Defend as scouts!  Attack as engineers!  It's all useful!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 15, 2009, 06:25:39 pm »

Surprisingly yes. Defense scouts can do hell, and you need engineers to make forward bases.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 15, 2009, 06:31:27 pm »

I killed a soldier and a demo with just my pistol and shotgun on the server earlier.

I was TRYING to build my Sneak-Teleporter, got it up, and then ported through it to try to be a sneaky git and build it even further in, got too cocky, and those guys saw me.

Blasted the solly with my pistol untill i remembered i owned a shotgun, all while they were both firin' at me, and blew them both away.

I then proceeded to get UBERSAW'D before i could get my 'porter up.

It was hilarious all the same, i think they may have been Nubs.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 15, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »

Assault engineers: Placing 99 cent store sentries in places you thought were safe.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 15, 2009, 06:52:06 pm »

You have an account on the steam forums.

I just saw a post done by you.

SHadow.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 15, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »

dump.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 15, 2009, 06:59:21 pm »

-Banump.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:00 pm »

That's how the Sniper update was too. The Huntsman doesn't have as long of a reload time (that I can tell at least) (and also doesn't have the scope, though that's seemingly compensated by being more forgiving in regards to headshots compared to unscoped rifle), allowing for quicker firing when it's necessary on offense (and defense), and Jarate made it more of a team-player (unlike on 2Fort a lot of the time, where Snipers will just kill other Snipers, ignoring the needs of their team), making Sniper more useful when it comes to team charges.

I really want to see the remaining weapons. Valve really does know how to make the TF2 updates suspenseful and exciting.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 15, 2009, 09:36:35 pm »

They might not fit the theme of "demolitions man", but the community has REALLY latched onto the TF2 mythos.  To the point where it's almost like there's two demomen out there:  One who blows things up, and the other who is DRUNK SCOTTISH GUY who beats you up with a bottle.  This update made the second one viable!  Or something.

Eyelander looks good on offense and defense because, hey, pyro is good on defense too.  You lurk around a corner, and bam.

Really though, it just looks more FUN to play against an Eyelander demo, and the class is still absurdly skill-based.  Against a demo noob who can't hit you with grenades/stickies anyway, you'll kill him a little easier because he starts out with less life.  Against a very skilled one, he'll have tons of life and speed...but at least he can't stickybomb your sentry or air-burst you, which is a huge comfort to me.

My personal guess is that the third weapon IS a different melee/secondary, because really, the grenade launcher is a little too perfect of a weapon.  I mean, if you take a demoman and get rid of his stickies, he's still got his primary 'nades and he still feels at lieast a little bit like the same class.  If you take away his grenades though, it's a real big change.  It could be another moderate change like the other classes get--I dunno, maybe grenades that detonate on impact with the ground instead of bouncing or have less damage more blast area--but, eh.

I'm hoping that the demoman's fourth weapon, if he gets it, turns out to be a detpack like in TFC...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 774