Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777739 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: WAR! update! "Heads..."
« Reply #1830 on: December 23, 2009, 12:26:02 am »

That gunboat update is actually a bad thing, imho. A common practice of all good soldiers, is, when being healed by a medic, to shoot the nearby walls to increase ubercharge rate. If the gunboats absorb the majority of that, then it's another mark against them.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 23, 2009, 12:45:11 am »

THEN DON'T WEAR THEM WHEN YOU'RE CHARGING THEM.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 23, 2009, 01:05:49 am »

In fact, it makes it easier to get your health to specific levels for the Equalizer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 23, 2009, 01:13:17 am »

THEN DON'T WEAR THEM WHEN YOU'RE CHARGING THEM.

Whoah, caps attack. So, if I happen to run into a medic who needs to build  lot of uber in a short amount of time, and there's noone else around, I should run back to spawn and swap out?  :P

As it stood, they blocked rocket jump damage. Any other damage a soldier will inflict on himself will ideally be done for a reason.

In fact, it makes it easier to get your health to specific levels for the Equalizer.

This is actually a valid argument. As it currently stands, I can see the gunboats and the equaliser working quite well together.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 23, 2009, 01:23:21 am »

I thought you meant when you two spawn.

Sorry, I just had a match full of idiots.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 23, 2009, 01:30:12 am »

Eh, we've all been there. I'm primarily a medic, and with a combination of an item that blocks healing and the [e] button, idiots have been on a huge rise lately :(

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 23, 2009, 01:30:21 am »

Oh yea, things I meant to ask and forgot to mention.

A)  The melee only mode thing in the admin menu seems bugged.  I tried turning it on twice, and twice the server crashed when I did.

B) Is there any way for us admins to mess with the respawn times?  There are a couple maps that just seem impossible to win with instant respawns.  2 Engies held the first point of part 2 of dustbowl for 10 whole minutes because when our support died they instant respawned and took one of our lv 3 teleporters to get back almost immediately after dying. 

They might have broke through if they tried an uber, but pretty much everything else that should have worked failed because either the combat classes got back to the front too soon after dying or the engies got back to their stuff after dying before the attackers could destroy them.

And some maps you can do that kinda stuff on without teleporters.  When the spawns are way too close to the points for instant respawn.  Steel point A and Dustbowl 3-B come to mind mostly
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 23, 2009, 02:32:24 am »

To be honest, I would really prefer if the DFC had vanilla respawns. They make for such a better game.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:51 am »

To be honest, I would really prefer if the DFC had vanilla respawns. They make for such a better game.
More balanced perhaps, but I like not having to wait to respawn. It's much faster-paced and eliminates boring waits.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 23, 2009, 02:46:56 am »

In small games then instant respawns are good. For larger games, it can be horrendous.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 23, 2009, 02:47:51 am »

To each his own I guess. But another point is that especially with an influx of newbies, a vanilla respawn really helps people get better at this game.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 23, 2009, 03:37:09 am »

I thought it was odd I saw a penguin on the server.  That was you then I assume penguin?

Eh, not me. I haven't been on the DFC server.

Other news: I've gotten 25 kills towards some mysterious 50 kill threshold that will allow me to get "normal points". I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 23, 2009, 04:19:23 am »

HLStats.

The whole thing with needing 10-20-50-100 or whatever kills is so that new players to the server arn't tracked as readily.

HLStats is basically just showing your stats for that server. Mostly KD Ratio stats, though, it seems.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1843 on: December 23, 2009, 08:09:25 am »

I like quick respawns  :)

Also, stats? Awesome!
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 23, 2009, 08:42:03 am »

Stuff.

Greiger, they could have EASILY destroyed those with an Uber.

WE did, and they had TWO more sentry guns!

We took about 2 minutes to clear the map!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 774