Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52603 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2009, 10:51:31 pm »

I'm actually changing my vote to Org.  I believe Pandersenic to just be overly paranoid and not actually a dopp at this point.

I still think we should wait and see what information tomorrow brings before we kill Beacon.  Even under Pandersenic's flimsy logic, Beacon can't screw us that fast.

As for defending ouy logic, you still haven't explained why we can't just kill him when there are five of us left.  (or 4 if we've killed another Dopp)
Because then we waste our lynch on him at 5 to 4. That means we drop to 4 to 3, where every lynch counts. If you want to play that way, you're not helping the town at all.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2009, 10:52:31 pm »

Pandarsenic: I never said I'd intentionally lose for you.  I just said it's impossible for me to win by siding with the dopps.

Then a Lynch All Liars Policy would require me to kill you.

Archangel: And what do you think about this?

Beacon80's supporters still have not provided me with a reason we should trust him.
How about the one I've said several times: I can confirm whether Webaddict has been contacted by the agent or not.  Betraying the townsfolk at this point would only get me killed.
And I'm not lying.  The moment I side with the dopps, I get killed.  The moment before me siding with the dopps would get them the majority, I get killed.  So how am I supposed to side with the dopps and still win?
Also, knock it off with the big text.  It's annoying.
How?
We'd be more concerned with killing Dopps.
Large text: If the players won't read it otherwise, I'll do what I must.

Re: Phonix
First, you highlighted my name instead of Org's. Second, the problem is that when he does screw us, it'll be TOO LATE. When we're at a low number of remaining players, his Victory Condition is much more likely to be fulfilled if he betrays us to get the Doppelgangers a quick majority so the game ends sooner.

e: Grammar fix
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2009, 11:14:00 pm »

All right, I've talked with a few people and here's my stand.

I'll let Beacon80 be scanned tonight. My vote will not go to him today unless he does something outrageously suspicious today.

Until then, ORG.

WHY ARE YOU SO QUIET?

COME OUT AND PLAY.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »

Hmm? What?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:38 pm »

Hmm? What?
Also, post in Dodgeblock!

All right, I've talked with a few people and here's my stand.

I'll let Beacon80 be scanned tonight. My vote will not go to him today unless he does something outrageously suspicious today.

Until then, ORG.

WHY ARE YOU SO QUIET?

COME OUT AND PLAY.
...sigh. No point arguing with you people...

But, he's more dangerous to have around than to get rid of.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 27, 2009, 11:19:56 pm »

I'm not going to get myself killed trying to get them to see the threat. For now, we'll let him live. We'll force more people to talk, as well. If we can find a legit Doppelganger-candidate we'll go with him, I suppose.

Can we get a list of who hasn't posted something substantial more than twice this round?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:51 pm »

I hereby Withdraw my Vote against Pandarsenic. Since he has withdrawn his accusation, I have no more reason to suspect him as an enemy.

My suspicions now lie with Org, who is suspicious for being a lurker who abstained seemingly to avoid notice, and Inaluct, who has been alternatingly zany, accusatory, and silent.

Also, Webadict, leaving Beacon80 alive is good for you... I find it odd that you don't see this.

Firstly, it makes more sense to focus on potential Dopplegangers than on a Neutral who will is currently an Ally. Treating Beacon80 as a liability assumes that the Town is loosing, which we are nowhere near.

Additionally, if we scan him tonight, then YOU, Webadict, can confirm his identity via your supposed Agent contact. Then we can lynch him, and see if what you say he is matches with what you said, thus vindicating you of ALL suspicion (you'll be set for the game), and taking care of an enemy.

If you really have an agent contact, Webadict, you should realize that this plan makes sense, helps you get in the clear, lets us spend our lynch guess today on Dopplegangers and not Aliens (who may just as well be a DoppSeeker), involves NO town risk, and deals with any potential threat Beacon80 could pose.

Unless you really don't have a contact, in which Beacon80's survival would pose a direct threat to exposing you as a liar, and Doppleganger suspect.

For the second time, might I add.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:27:30 pm by Solifuge »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2009, 11:24:52 pm »

Since Pandarsenic has withdrawn his accusation, I have no more reason to suspect him as an enemy. I hereby Withdraw my Vote against Pandarsenic.

My suspicions now lie with Org, who is as suspicious as a lurker who abstained seemingly to avoid notice, and Inaluct, who has been alternatingly zany, accusatory, and silent.
That was really fast. I mean, switching from Pandarsenic who wants to get rid of the backstabber who could potentially help the Dopps, to Org within like 5 seconds because he doesn't want to get rid of the backstabber?

...Really? Isn't that suspicious?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2009, 11:32:14 pm »

To be fair, Org has been very quiet and hasn't made a single post with any particular amount of substance - it seems like he wants to be seen but not noticed, almost.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2009, 11:37:32 pm »

That was really fast. I mean, switching from Pandarsenic who wants to get rid of the backstabber who could potentially help the Dopps, to Org within like 5 seconds because he doesn't want to get rid of the backstabber?

...Really? Isn't that suspicious?

Pandarsenic and I had a chat. We each explained the reasoning behind our votes, and made a deal to let more info surface before we butt heads again.

EDIT: Webadict, you still haven't addressed how you want to kill Beacon80, when keeping him alive would absolve you of all suspicion. the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you're afraid of being caught in a bluff.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:42:33 pm by Solifuge »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2009, 11:41:29 pm »

My FoS on Pandarsenic, Alexhans, and webadict have all faded. I'm not sure if Masami Phonix, Solifuge, and Archangel are just inexperienced or something, but I suspect them.

No one's taking my "Most Paranoid Player" Award this game. No one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2009, 11:54:04 pm »

No one's taking my "Most Paranoid Player" Award this game. No one.
I accuse EVERYONE, FOREVER!

HA!

WHO'S PARANOID NOW!?

YOU ALL ARE! YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME TOO!

More seriously:
Archangel, I'm a bit curious about - he seems to be hovering around, kind of, seeing who might be drawing enough flak to start a bandwagon - for instance, someone taking a stand on something.
Org is still too quiet.
webadict was part of the plan that led to me screwing the town over in Paranormal One. He understands why I want Beacon80 dead because he was the one who made me realize the Survivor Alien's late-game threat.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2009, 11:56:54 pm »

EDIT: Webadict, you still haven't addressed how you want to kill Beacon80, when keeping him alive would absolve you of all suspicion. the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you're afraid of being caught in a bluff.
...I've totally addressed this in about five different ways. Keeping him alive only insures that we have someone we know will turn on us if it insures his win. Keeping him alive doesn't help us AT ALL!

I'm not afraid of choosing a person at random to have confirm me. I am afraid of giving the backstabber the Agent. Unless you'd prefer that? No, that seems completely illogical to you? I guess I'm a moron.

Duh, me stupid. Why me no think that earlierer?

Seriously, though. No. The Agent has said no, he'll look at someone else. He's not interested in Beacon because he can totally screw us over later on and he knows this. GOOD GOD, how many times does that need to be repeated?

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »

I'll withdraw my vote from Pandarsenic for now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:40 pm »

Seriously, though. No. The Agent has said no, he'll look at someone else. He's not interested in Beacon because he can totally screw us over later on and he knows this. GOOD GOD, how many times does that need to be repeated?

... Really?
That puts a dent in the Lynch Procrastination Plan.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41