Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42296 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

I try to figure out how to use the green orb, and what it does.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I set off for the Finnish line (misspelling is on porpoise), and command my robot to go on ahead and attack anyone (except me) that it meets.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile

i attack katsun agin while he's dizzy

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Throw the box-with-snake backwards towards the orc robot, to get it out of range of Dengue, run forward and slide-kick Jonathan if I reach him.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

Overall a good turn for the players. I wonder how long we'll be able to do 1 turn a day for.

Throw the box-with-snake backwards towards the orc robot, to get it out of range of Dengue, run forward and slide-kick Jonathan if I reach him.
|You throw the box with the snake in it back 10m, thus causing Emperor to become sad and more error prone. |You try to get up to a run again. |It was more difficult this time, but you still managed to succced. You run to the 200m mark where Emp is currently. |Just as you are about to slide-kick Emperor, a smoke bomb goes off! When the smoke clears, you see that a modern-looking treasure chest has appeared near your feet. | You open it, and find a beam sword inside! It gives you +2 damage when it is used to attack.

I quickly resort to slowing everyone up by using my epic voice and singing a ballad to try and get everyone asleep.
You use your guitar and your lovely voice to attempt to make Katsuun fall asleep. |It’s really quite a lullaby, |and Aussie soon loses his murderous rage and falls asleep. It looks like he’ll be out for awhile.(2 turns)

i attack katsun agin while he's dizzy
You have fallen into a deep sleep. |You are chased by wolves made of pure fire in your nightmares. It’s so scary, you can’t tell that it’s actually a dream.

I set off for the Finnish line (misspelling is on porpoise), and command my robot to go on ahead and attack anyone (except me) that it meets.
|You feel so good after your successful reprogram, you stroll ahead in a merry fashion. You got to the 90m mark.

I try to figure out how to use the green orb, and what it does.
|You look at the orb and scratch your head. Suddenly a voice booms in your head; “So, I bet you want to know what that does, huh?” You are scared by the voice for a second, and then you remember that someone from the show put a earphone on you before the race, as they did for the other contestants. The voice continues; “That thing right there is what is known as a skill sphere. When you break it on the ground, some sort of highly complex tech thing happens, and knowledge about performing a skill just pops into your head. Why don’t you give it a chuck, and see what happens?” (Breaking the sphere is a free action).

Orc Bot:At 180m. A servant of Shoruke. Has a axe which gives +1 to damage rolls, and has innate +1 to accuracy rolls. Programmable by nobody but Shoruke. Holding a ugly cape.
 The orc bot is sad that Shoruke didn’t take it’s homemade cape, but it still follows his orders and runs ahead. |It was well built, and it soon gets up to a decent speed. Just as it almost caught the unaware Siquo at 180m, a | huge hammer comes swinging out of the wall! |The orc is hit in the head! |The head is made of high-tech metal though, and it hardly gets a dent from the hammer.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

I suppose that last challenge was a bit too easy, seeing as how the answer is right on the wikipedia page. So, the challenge is time around is a bit more difficult. The bonus is +2 to attempting to figuring out puzzles, or what exactly something does. So:
Where does Bay 12 Games receive it's name from?
The second person to post the answer will receive the bonus!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:11:39 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

No longer caring about victory, I jump kick the nearest person for the hell of it.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeesh, I didn't actually get a whole helluva lot of walking done. I'm going to just keep running! I'm not likely to catch up to my bot, but if I do I take its cape. I also order the bot to try and beat the stuffing out of Emperor (hopefully my voice can carry 90 meters :-\)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile

i try with all my might to wake up

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

Well, it looks like we might manage to get two turns in today. Unfortunately, I'll be gone from 7:00 Forum time till an unknown later time, but we'll see what happens.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Attack Emperor with my lightsaber beam sword! Use the force, Pogosta!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

Emperor, where are you? I'll open the floor to anyone posting an action for him as soon as possibly tomorrow maybe. This is a semi-idle threat!!!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Semi-idle? Goddammit that threat is faster than I was last turn  :-\

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Sleeping & School. That's where I've been.

Anyway.

I break the orb on the ground and sprint ahead.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 5: Do or do not do, there is no try
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2009, 09:20:08 pm »

Pretty much only Emp and Aussie got anything good out of this turn. But 3 people got more experienced in various arts.
By the way, the challenge from the last turn is still available, so I'll give you a hint, In Haiku!
Search Bay 12 Forum
Raptor, page 3, lol, bug page
I tell the answer

i try with all my might to wake up
|You suddenly realize that you’re holding a fire hose, and you spray the fire wolves with water until they’re dead. You then realize that fire wolves don’t exist in real life, and you wake up. You feel refreshed after your nap (+1 to thinking rolls).

No longer caring about victory, I jump kick the nearest person for the hell of it.
|You narrowly missed the newly awakened Aussie. You did a good jump kick again though, and you feel a bit more experienced.

Anyway. I break the orb on the ground and sprint ahead.
You throw the orb downwards, and it smashes into a million shards of glass!||You suddenly are filled with information about the use of pitchforks in combat situations! You feel that with a little more training, you could get some nice bonuses from the skill.
|You are about to set off into the closed steel door when ||A piece of wall rotates around, revealing a wooden shield on the wall. You take the shield. (It has a ½ chance of negating the damage bonus from good accuracy)

Yeesh, I didn't actually get a whole helluva lot of walking done. I'm going to just keep running! I'm not likely to catch up to my bot, but if I do I take its cape. I also order the bot to try and beat the stuffing out of Emperor (hopefully my voice can carry 90 meters :-\)
|You still feel quite merry, and this time around you skip forward, and you whistle a happy tune as you do so. You are at 100m.

Attack Emperor with my lightsaber beam sword! Use the force, Pogosta!
You’ve seen all 5 Star Wars trilogies, and you feel like you know how to handle a sword made of pure light.|In short, you don’t. Your pathetic flailings in the general direction of Emperor cause the sword to fly out of your hand. |The sword flies backwards to 190m. Good job, Jedi master.

Orc Bot:At 180m. A servant of Shoruke. Has a axe which gives +1 to damage rolls, and has innate +1 to accuracy rolls. Programmable by nobody but Shoruke. Holding a ugly cape.
|The orc doesn’t hear Shoruke’s yelled command, so it instead decides to improve upon the previously rejected cape. |It only succeeds in tearing the cape in two. The orc throws the pieces to the ground in digust.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:22:05 pm by R1ck »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 5: Do or do not do, there is no try
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2009, 10:18:30 pm »

keep runnin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31