Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2126451 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #3780 on: February 05, 2011, 06:53:02 am »

they will still siege, as long as they have access ;)
keep that militia up!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

BlandoTaco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:45 pm »

Holy crap I was banging my head against the wall for this one.

Got a wave of migrants who weren't doing anything (aside from pissing me off) so I thought "maybe they need to go to a meeting area or something... I need a meeting area," so I made one.

No change

Wait a minute, is that a brook or a river...

I am such a noob :-[
I intend to die the way I was born:
Naked, screaming and covered in blood.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: February 05, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

You attempted to drown amphibious creatures and the possibility of this not working never occurred to you?
They should drown as long as they don't have the 'no breathe' tag, because unless they have gills they still need to take in air through the lungs (or skin, though that should only be sufficient for vermin-sized creatures). But since DF doesn't model different types of respiratory systems, with non-aquatic creatures it's just a question of a. whether a creature needs access to air, and b. whether or not it can take advantage of any air access (ie. swimming vs. drowning).
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Shrapull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: February 05, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

My biggest facepalm moment to date has probably been the time that I saw my entire fortress very unhappy - people were throwing tantrums, patients couldn't get water, stockpile error spams were going wild - and I then realized I had kept the doors to the outside of the fortress locked for almost half a year after the latest ambush.

Good thing it was still pet-passable.

henkalv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »

just found magma on z level -6   :D

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: February 05, 2011, 08:30:42 pm »

That's a face palm... how?  (Unless you then subsequently flooded your fortress with it)
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: February 05, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

Urist McBadasscaptain, adamantine clad superpowerful leader of the military, legendary in every single fighting skills, with 103 kills (46 notable) just got killed by some freaking balista while he was going to take water at the river.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: February 05, 2011, 11:41:10 pm »

Long story short, a recent act of mismanagement on my part resulted in a torrent of three dozen wild foxes pouring down the stairway from the kennels and into the dining hall of Heavenspick. An epic battle ensued between the the cat-dogs and a group of salty old veterans. Unfortunately the fortress' only, long-anticipated Legendary  Engraver was caught in the crossfire, and will never use his hands. His only consolation is extremely silky entry rug in his room.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: February 05, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »

Long story short, a recent act of mismanagement on my part resulted in a torrent of three dozen wild foxes pouring down the stairway from the kennels and into the dining hall of Heavenspick. An epic battle ensued between the the cat-dogs and a group of salty old veterans. Unfortunately the fortress' only, long-anticipated Legendary  Engraver was caught in the crossfire, and will never use his hands. His only consolation is extremely silky entry rug in his room.
I don't think a dwarf needs the use of their hands to engrave.
I could be wrong.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: February 06, 2011, 12:00:43 am »

On the wiki they joke that they use their beards.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:54 am »

It must be the small cut on his toe, then.  ::)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

henkalv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: February 06, 2011, 02:16:59 am »

That's a face palm... how?  (Unless you then subsequently flooded your fortress with it)

I usually find it way above z level 0

AlBravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: February 06, 2011, 06:48:56 am »

My biggest facepalm moment to date has probably been the time that I saw my entire fortress very unhappy - people were throwing tantrums, patients couldn't get water, stockpile error spams were going wild - and I then realized I had kept the doors to the outside of the fortress locked for almost half a year after the latest ambush.

Good thing it was still pet-passable.

Did this.  Almost to the point of rage quit before I figured it out.
Ancient Avatar

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: February 06, 2011, 01:39:39 pm »

The militia commander hacks The Gorlak in the head with her -bronze battle axe-, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the right kidney.

What in the what?

EDIT: According to the raws on the Magmawiki, Gorlaks keep all their organs in their head. Fascinating.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:41:58 pm by Samuel »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: February 06, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

Took four cobat battle axe strikes to the head, skull shatter, into the brain, ect to kill one elk where as all the other ones went easily.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 729