Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2130703 times)

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #8400 on: March 15, 2014, 08:32:29 pm »

just atom smash him and problem solved.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: March 16, 2014, 08:58:56 pm »

Just convicted a vampire in my fort for 4 murders of my dwarfs. Punishment: 200 hammer strikes. He put into his cell and is immediatly freed by the same guy who tied him up. No punishment for him it seems.

He was hammered. Just that being undead the blunt attacks were like a blow from a feather duster.

You completely misunderstood what I said. I said the vampire is chained and after that he is immediately unchained by the same guy who put him there. I never said he was hammered by my hammerer. One of my queens was vampire and was hammered to death.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:23 pm »

Discovering that you can set reserved barrels at the stockpile menu. For two years of playing DF I had just been making vast quantities of barrels in hopes that my brewer would be able to grab one or two before my haulers filled them with food.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »

Discovering that you can set reserved barrels at the stockpile menu. For two years of playing DF I had just been making vast quantities of barrels in hopes that my brewer would be able to grab one or two before my haulers filled them with food.
.....You can do that? Well, learn something new every day.

Building a canal into your fortress and trying to seal it up with a cave in instead of just installing a floodgate. I tried that once while trying to make an indoor well. It just killed more beards. Stupid, silly, noobie me.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

sl4very

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »

I know this Kind of moment in general! And this special moment in detail, because exact this happens to me too.

The good with it is, that one enjoys his newfound gaming experience like a feature or a patch, instead of dooming himself for doing it laborious in the past.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: March 24, 2014, 02:01:55 am »

Just had a Forgotten Beast invasion from the depths. A skinless crocodile, ondulating regularly. Beware it's deadly blood!

I lost 2 inexperienced soldiers to that bastard, and crippled 4. Croc got killed by the least experienced, lucky strike with a pike.

BUT!...

My favourite militia dorf, Kubuk, was laying on the cavern floor, heavy bleeding and pale.

Urist, one of my threshers, ran to recover him.
He was too late.

BUT!...

I used dfhack, deathcause on Kubuk.

Struck down by Urist, thresher.
I check Urist's kills, there's Kubuk.

No crimes reported in justice screen.

What happened? Any guesses?
Dabbling Overseer

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:16 am »

Hmm I would say that when he saw the poor shape of im he decided to put him out of his misser. (Bad spelling because on a proxy.)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:33 am »

Croc got killed by the least experienced, lucky strike with a pike.
Your dwarves can use pikes?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: March 26, 2014, 02:09:49 am »

Just barely
Dabbling Overseer

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: March 26, 2014, 06:32:41 am »

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: March 27, 2014, 12:50:28 am »

My fort lacks Dwarves of Steel, I've got 14 almost-peasant spear/pike/macedwarves and two sword elites with legendary +2 fighter and sword, in full bloodsteel armor. They usually kill everything that's small, but against anything that has a thick fat/skin layer they're completely useless.
Dabbling Overseer

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: March 27, 2014, 06:53:33 am »

My fort lacks Dwarves of Steel, I've got 14 almost-peasant spear/pike/macedwarves and two sword elites with legendary +2 fighter and sword, in full bloodsteel armor. They usually kill everything that's small, but against anything that has a thick fat/skin layer they're completely useless.
My master swordsdwarf fend off a roc with ease(well, minus one foot, but that almost don't count), I don't see many problems with swardsdwarves against big enemies...
I thought that pikes couldn't be wield by dwarves at all.
Don't maces do edge damage?

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:59 pm »

Rocs are childplay. Try Forgotten Beasts.
Maces are blunt as far as I know.

Maybe you're right about the pikes... would explain why a few of my militiamen are professional wrestlers...
Actually...
Let me check.

update: Dorfs can't use pikes. Learned the hard way. Always wondered why would they bash enemies with their shields only...  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:00:02 pm by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: March 27, 2014, 03:21:09 pm »

lol. just lol.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: March 28, 2014, 12:56:12 am »

Just realized that the king in my world is a dwarf necromancer who ascended to kingship in the year 1. It's now year 629. What are the chances he's still alive? Not sure how to check that out.

Also, if my baron died and I reverted from a barony, what do I need to do to get it back? This world is the first where I've actually HAD a baron, and I'm looking to get to have the king (even if he is a necromancer...haven't faced any of those yet as I haven't tried evil embarks yet).
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 729