Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2126626 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you ha
« Reply #9510 on: December 03, 2015, 02:39:38 pm »

I didnt bother setting anything up on embark. I have dug 20 levels down. No metal, whatsoever. I brought 2 picks, and managed too buy 2 in exchange for twenty dozen stone crafts. Now i gotta deal woth a where-lizard outbreak.....

UUUUUUGGGGHHHH
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #9511 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:04 pm »

Is there a way to add one small anvil to my save ? Sweet jesus i dont want to start over AGAIN, its like my 10th fort in the last 72 hours..
I tend to never bring one and just snag it from the first Caravan. Is there a pressing need for one this second?

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: December 04, 2015, 10:44:02 am »

Is there a way to add one small anvil to my save ? Sweet jesus i dont want to start over AGAIN, its like my 10th fort in the last 72 hours..
I tend to never bring one and just snag it from the first Caravan. Is there a pressing need for one this second?

I actually discovered that AFTER first caravan left. Not that i would have anything to trade.
Currently im pumping out gold bars as fast as i can ( discovered some pretty rich veins ) and waiting for new caravan ( which is strangely overdue ) but im kinda paranoid that some monster is going to barge in and ruin my little fort.
I have 5 guys in my military but they all have wooden weapons aside from one copper axe and civilian clothing ;(
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: December 04, 2015, 11:30:39 am »

I actually discovered that AFTER first caravan left. Not that i would have anything to trade.
Currently im pumping out gold bars as fast as i can ( discovered some pretty rich veins ) and waiting for new caravan ( which is strangely overdue ) but im kinda paranoid that some monster is going to barge in and ruin my little fort.
I have 5 guys in my military but they all have wooden weapons aside from one copper axe and civilian clothing ;(
Just make a tavern and hire whatever mercenaries show up. Save your gold bars for when you actually have an anvil.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: December 04, 2015, 03:15:38 pm »

Just make a tavern and hire whatever mercenaries show up. Save your gold bars for when you actually have an anvil.

Not that it matters anymore since caravan arrived and i had so much gold that i grabbed 10 anvils at once.

I can make a tavern and hire mercs in DF ?? How ?
... Or is it some kind of joke i dont get ..
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: December 04, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

New DF version released December 1. There's stuff like taverns or temples you can build in your fortress, and you regularly get non-dwarf visitors, including human warriors who could decide to stay at your fort.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: December 04, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »

New DF version released December 1. There's stuff like taverns or temples you can build in your fortress, and you regularly get non-dwarf visitors, including human warriors who could decide to stay at your fort.
WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

*immediately runs to laptop*

Mother of Armok

*puts on shades*
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9517 on: December 04, 2015, 10:00:38 pm »

How did you not see this?!  8) It's the most real dwarves have ever been! Also save-compatible, because why the hell not, it needs more awesome sauce on the incredible ☼dwarven cheese roast☼.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #9518 on: December 04, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »

How did you not see this?!  8) It's the most real dwarves have ever been! Also save-compatible, because why the hell not, it needs more awesome sauce on the incredible ☼dwarven cheese roast☼.

Wait....it's save compatible with 0.40.24? I don't need to generate a new world? I hate having to generate a new world every update. It feels like abandoning the last world just when it was starting to get special.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: December 05, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

Wait....it's save compatible with 0.40.24? I don't need to generate a new world? I hate having to generate a new world every update. It feels like abandoning the last world just when it was starting to get special.

You lose out on some stuff. No poetry, instruments, etc. They're genned at world gen. Probably lots of other things. But yeah, your game shouldn't explode if the reports are true.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: December 05, 2015, 06:07:03 am »

Im a noob so i will wait for the LNP to update ;) But its nice to know that thx.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: December 05, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »

Im a noob so i will wait for the LNP to update ;) But its nice to know that thx.
Similarly, I'm waiting for Dwarf Therapist. I did start a game on my own, but Immegrants arrives and I don't want the headache of sorting Skills with the native UI... :-\

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: December 05, 2015, 03:47:46 pm »

LNP was released, just no dwarf therapist or DFhack quite yet.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: December 05, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »

Not that it matters anymore since caravan arrived and i had so much gold that i grabbed 10 anvils at once.
For future reference, you can alter an existing reaction to spit out an anvil. Go to the raws, pick out a reaction you can do easily, and add the following beneath the existing [PRODUCT: ...] line.

[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON]

Save, exit, reload your fortress. The next time you do the reaction, until you edit the raws and reload, both the intended product and an iron anvil will appear.

If your desired item is one available on embark, you can find its item type and material type by making an embark profile with it, saving it, and examining the text file created in data/init. If it isn't available on embark, you can find item and material token info on the wiki.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: December 06, 2015, 01:40:56 am »

Visiting my housing area after using d-h to designate it for digging, instead of d-d   :o

Lots of strange ramps extending between two floors of the stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 729