Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 275602 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1110 on: January 28, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

2) you can take a look at a creatures hitpoints with 'x'. Compare this with your firearms/melee and you'll get a rough idea about how badly off you are.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

I had a very good game now i found a merchant ship and i traded until i got rich ... but however i found a bug and an unbalanced behaivor ... stock exchange is overpowered i feel and the second type of share can only be bougth when you try to exit, (if you try to buy it it exist instead) to sell it works well ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 28, 2010, 03:11:23 pm »

Hmmm... couldnt reproduce that.
Is it possibile that you got confused by a displayglitch that i just noticed?
(It doesnt clear the availiable stock, so if you got 2 stocks, and there are 3 availiable the Exit of the selling menu will cover the 3rd stock, but the price will still be there)?

Edit to add: Did you mainly trade with the last 3 goods? computers, narcotics & hightech? If so, then i guess those do deserve some nerfing (they behave different than the others)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:19:29 pm by magellan »
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 28, 2010, 03:25:51 pm »

Is anyone else getting a problem with 1.10 not showing you the interesting/unique planets in the report when you die?

Just had a game where i landed on the featureless rock, and the eden planet, and both didnt show up at the end?

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #1114 on: January 28, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »

Noticed something else about pirate crew member glitches :P

This time when my pilot and gunner decided to stay at the bar, it shows in my stat window both at the bar and in space (Pi:0  Gu:0) indicating that they have left. (edit: and on the ship status '@' they appear gone)

But when I go into my away team menu, they both still appear on the list, and when walking around planets they are still on my away team status area.  It's still showing ( CPGSD ) even though I have not hired anyone new yet.

:)

edit: oh and in space combat it is definitely acting like my gunner is still with me
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:00:51 pm by Run Comrades »

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1115 on: January 28, 2010, 03:54:17 pm »

It must be your gunner's ghost haunting the targeting systems.  :P

Say, do you have to do anything with armor/weapons to use them or do they just add to your armor/damage. And is the armor rating for everyone in your away team at once?

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #1116 on: January 28, 2010, 04:00:01 pm »

haha, ghost in the machine, eh?  :D

For weapons and armours on the crew they will equip the best available automatically. The awayteam status stats are combined, I believe. It makes more sense when you look at your items more closely and see that each gun or knife or whatever has a damage of 0.7 or something like that. And then on your status screen you'll see (Firearms : 3.5) or something, which would be the total.

To use melee weapons you just walk into the enemy. To use firearms you type 'f' then you can either hit the direction you want to fire, or use '5' to select the target to fire on.

Maha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:25 pm »

It'd be cool if the game displayed what exactly "powerful", "very powerful", "balanced", "well balanced", "good", "big", "small", etc. mean for a piece of equipment's stats, like, say, display the damage as "0.9 + 0.2". I've had "very powerful" plasma rifles that were stronger than powerful disintegrators!

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 28, 2010, 05:33:36 pm »

Very powerful Plasma Rifles should be 1.1, and powerful disintegrators likewise (the disintegrators are easier to aim though)
Anyway: consider it done, Maha

With your Bomb troubles you have 2 options
1) turn off autopickup
2) drop and move one square away the next turn (maybe a *little* farther than just one square to be save...like, launching into orbit or something like that...)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »

Hmmm... couldnt reproduce that.
Is it possibile that you got confused by a displayglitch that i just noticed?
(It doesnt clear the availiable stock, so if you got 2 stocks, and there are 3 availiable the Exit of the selling menu will cover the 3rd stock, but the price will still be there)?

Edit to add: Did you mainly trade with the last 3 goods? computers, narcotics & hightech? If so, then i guess those do deserve some nerfing (they behave different than the others)
actualy i couldn't reproduce it either i am sure the bug occured in my previus game (but don't have the save anymore i died) if i see it next time i'll post the save
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 28, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 28, 2010, 07:31:46 pm »

2) Just pricetag actually. But I guess it would not hurt telling the player the value. Will add that

But if the shop does not carry my current equipments, then I have no way to compare unless I remember the prices... but I see that you've already added this. Thanks!

That said:
I do hope you know about the (T)actics command?

Eh... yes, I did read about it in either the FAQ or quick start guide before I started playing. But in all my newbie-ness I've forgot about it. :p

2) you can take a look at a creatures hitpoints with 'x'. Compare this with your firearms/melee and you'll get a rough idea about how badly off you are.

Thank you BishopX.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 28, 2010, 11:33:20 pm »

YASRP

I guess I should try and do a pirate run next time.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:11 pm »

Oh god... help me!

I landed on planet, and now I'm stuck! The ship sinks into mud faster than I can dig. There're monsters around that I cannot handle. How can I get out of there alive?  :'(

Edit: Please don't tell me to find Master Yoda... (someone already slapped that joke in my face on another forum *twitch*)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:58:29 pm by kcwong »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:08 am »

. There're monsters around that I cannot handle. How can I get out of there alive?  :'(

This is why you don't land on any "Brown" or unique planets until you are A: a high level or B: remember what they do...
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 152