Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 275579 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1455 on: December 05, 2010, 05:47:22 pm »

Is there a way to get more messages in the game? In the older versions, upon picking something up the game would tell me what it was and so forth. I don't get those messages in this version. I'm wondering if I can turn it back on somehow, but I didn't notice anything in the options.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 05, 2010, 06:26:34 pm »

Is there a way to get more messages in the game? In the older versions, upon picking something up the game would tell me what it was and so forth. I don't get those messages in this version. I'm wondering if I can turn it back on somehow, but I didn't notice anything in the options.
I've got the same problem. Whenever I pick up any metals that are on a tile that gives you a message as soon as you move onto it, it overwrites the picking up of the metals. I'm sure that's the problem because whenever I pick up metals that aren't on tiles that would give you messages I get the message of picking up the metals normally.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 05, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »

I've got the same problem. Whenever I pick up any metals that are on a tile that gives you a message as soon as you move onto it, it overwrites the picking up of the metals. I'm sure that's the problem because whenever I pick up metals that aren't on tiles that would give you messages I get the message of picking up the metals normally.

Well, I have the same problem regarding combat messages and other planetside messages, like acid rain etc. This even when I'm not moving.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 05, 2010, 06:38:31 pm »

Majestic, is your auto-inspect on?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:28 pm »

Also, magellan, targeting in ground combat(pressing 5 on the numpad) is worthless. No matter what, I my guys always miss. Well, either that or I'm not getting messages.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 05, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »

Majestic, is your auto-inspect on?

Nope. Auto-pickup is on, but auto-inspect, nope.

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 05, 2010, 11:35:34 pm »

Boy, looks like I really was a bit premature releasing this one.
At least the message problem is easily solved: Just add some lines in config->resolution.
Looks like prospector can't believe that the message window could be this small.
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 05, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »

I've also noticed something somewhat strange. I think it's also a bug. It's somewhat of a spoiler though so those that have read that have yet to read a spoiler don't open this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 05, 2010, 11:52:52 pm »

I've also noticed something somewhat strange. I think it's also a bug. It's somewhat of a spoiler though so those that have read that have yet to read a spoiler don't open this.

maybe something changed in a recent version, but i think thats the way its always been.  you can destroy them (and sometimes find things in the wreckage) but otherwise there is no interaction.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 05, 2010, 11:57:30 pm »

maybe something changed in a recent version, but i think thats the way its always been.  you can destroy them (and sometimes find things in the wreckage) but otherwise there is no interaction.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:59:26 pm by Tarran »

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:00 am »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 06, 2010, 12:11:54 am »

Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:24:28 am by Tarran »

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 06, 2010, 12:35:17 am »

Can you send me the savegame, so I can check?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 06, 2010, 12:46:45 am »

Here. The planet-o-doom is in the exact same system that my ship's currently sitting on, second planet.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 06, 2010, 06:36:47 am »

Getting a bug when I try and exit the ship hull purchase screen without upgrading.
I have 'easy start' on, so that might do it.
Apparently, when I exit, it says "The new ship will have a lower max armor capacity than your current one. You will need to downgrade your engine for the new hull.... etc for everything'
It asks me to confirm. If I say no, I am stuck on that screen.
If I say yes, it purchases the 'exit' hull.
I cannot then exit the page, because it informs me that I already have that hull.
esc doesn't work for this either.

Edit: still does it even without easy start being enabled.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:56:55 am by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 152