Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 275600 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in developpement
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2009, 05:16:47 pm »

I just downloaded this game this morning.  It's neat, but the starting and low-grade combat equipment seem a bit useless - you can't really face off against anything with them, unless you're pretty lucky.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2009, 06:03:35 pm »

early on your best bet is to get recources from barren planets and stay away from most unique planets, but some are '%100 good'.
Also-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Suggestion: What about having certain companies pay more for different data, for example, smith mining co. will pay more for metal,and Bubba Bio-engeneering will pay more for bio data.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:15:24 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2009, 06:38:47 pm »

Edit: Suggestion: What about having certain companies pay more for different data, for example, smith mining co. will pay more for metal,and Bubba Bio-engeneering will pay more for bio data.
I'm pretty sure they already do that...  :-\
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »

O rly? I'll have to check my stack of unused memory....
edit: The readme dosn't say that but I guess I'll take your word. GODAMMIT MAGGELAN UPDATE THE README. No offence.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:43:06 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 12, 2009, 12:40:21 am »

Uhm yeah they do pay different prices. Thats why they have names :)
Is that doc worthy information? I thought it was a neat little thing to find out. (and not too hard to find out either)

But you are of course right that somebody should do something about the documentation *looks around* what? me? ah well... guess i have to :)

Anyway:
@legolord: you do make sure that you have as many weapons as you have crew members? Of course a plasma rifle packs more punch than a knife, but i wouldn't call the knife useless (If you got enough of them)

@x2yzh9
I actually tried reproducing the reproductive behaviour of my sick crew members and failed (so far) (I did add some extra "check if that is actually a sick person" code, so might be even possible i fixed it)
But usually after deeming something ready for release without too much embaressement for myself i let it sit for a day or two. So i am aiming for wendsday right now.
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 12, 2009, 12:55:31 am »

a plasma rifle packs more punch than a knife

You switched it back? YAY!

I found the power difference a bit insane!

Guy 1:"My Gun can shoot through a solid kilometer of obsideon in a single shot"
Guy 2: "My Gun shoots energy bolts as hot as the surface of the sun rapid fire!"
Guy 3: "Ohh yeah? Well my weapon is melee!"
Guy 1: "Dang, well you win. You could take down an army with those things"
Guy 2: "Just please be careful"
Guy 3: "I know what you mean, I dropped it on the floor and I took down a planet. It defies physics"

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 12, 2009, 01:38:12 am »

But usually after deeming something ready for release without too much embaressement for myself i let it sit for a day or two. So i am aiming for wendsday right now.

Embarrassment? You are among friends here. If anything it will help you catch bugs sooner rather than later.
!!&!!

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 12, 2009, 02:04:51 am »

well... its not just emberassment. Its also not just sitting, it also gets played by me, without focus on bughunting, and for some wierd reason that tends to make them appear, so i must ask you guys for a little more patience :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 12, 2009, 02:09:11 am »

well... its not just emberassment. Its also not just sitting, it also gets played by me, without focus on bughunting, and for some wierd reason that tends to make them appear, so i must ask you guys for a little more patience :)

What NEVER!?!

Ohh wait you said patience, ohh. Well that changes everything. Sure!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2009, 05:20:45 am »

Embarrassment? You are among friends here. If anything it will help you catch bugs sooner rather than later.
I second what & said, we'll gladly beta-test it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 12, 2009, 10:34:18 am »

Well... it propably isn't buggier than 0.1.7a ... so i guess i could release it into the wild ... or maybe it will just run off when i am not looking...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #701 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:17 pm »

MAGELLAN: please put the link in your signature! KTHANX!
I got nothing

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 12, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »

*chuckles*
No reason to yell!
Better now? :)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 12, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »

Is that doc worthy information? I thought it was a neat little thing to find out. (and not too hard to find out either)
Instructions should list EVERYTHING about the game that isn't 'secret' to avoid complaints/useless suggestions that are already implemented.
Hello Hunam

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:32 pm »

bug time!
1. Sometimes in combat the sound of enemy firing (at least from fighters) will loop instead of ending. It will persist out of combat too! ( my guess is it happens if you skip the message before the sound effect stops playing).
3. It might be possible to buy sensors not intended for your ship. or maybe it's just the heavy transport...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:20:15 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 152