Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 135075 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:20 am »

But -

1. He doesn't know who the alien scientist is.
2. If the alien scientist knew who he was, then he would probably just abduct the exterminator, seeing as there would only be a maximum of 3 other aliens in the game.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2009, 12:02:58 pm »

The operative could kill the exterminator and win as a survivor, if he wanted to for some reason. Personally, I think they should win with the exterminator, period. No, reverting to survivor or doppleganger bs, that encourages killing the exterminator.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »

Hmm...or I could keep them with the Exterminator's win condition. Everyone who isn't on their team has to die for them to win.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »

Hmm...or I could keep them with the Exterminator's win condition. Everyone who isn't on their team has to die for them to win.
Yeah, that sortof makes sense.  Although they'd have to be pretty lucky to win without the exterminator  ;D.  Can controlled operatives have additional roles?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:54 pm »

You mean Controlled Dopps? Right now, no, it's a Role in and of itself. Although now that you've brought it up, I'm considering making it an Ability instead of a Role.

Thoughts from other people on it?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 27, 2009, 02:38:08 pm »

Well, if you do, I don't think vigilantes should be able to be controlled dopps.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2009, 04:42:43 pm »

Having a submafia within the Mafia is kind of messed up, I think. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2009, 04:52:42 pm »

Something I wonder: What is it to stop the controlled doppelganger from revealing all the information about the doppelganger to the Exterminator, and then having the Exterminator convince the town to lynch all the doppelgangers, including the controlled Doppelganger (so as to gain trust within the Town)?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2009, 04:58:26 pm »

Something I wonder: What is it to stop the controlled doppelganger from revealing all the information about the doppelganger to the Exterminator, and then having the Exterminator convince the town to lynch all the doppelgangers, including the controlled Doppelganger (so as to gain trust within the Town)?

And what's to stop the town from killing the exterminator off after that? Rather, how does that strategy further the exterminator's win condition? Isn't he better off with the dopps killing townies and townies lynching townies than with all the dopps dead?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 27, 2009, 05:00:14 pm »

Nothing. Personally, I think the players should have win conditions and abilities that are conducive to doing whatever the players wants to do to win. Obviously, game breaking strategies and betrayal of the current win condition should be avoided, but in general, the player should be able to do pretty much anything, especially once the game is in progress.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:25 pm »

1. The townies may not believe him.
2. If he gets the dopp leader, it may become obvious he's the exterminator (the agent can't determine that).
3. If you correctly point the FoB at 3 people in a row, people will assume you're an agent if not the exterminator.  The agent seeker will then go and kill you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 29, 2009, 12:07:52 am »

Alright, rather than try to piece together whatever clearly non-intuitive logic you guys have neatly laid out for me, this is what I got:

1) Controlled Doppleganger is changed so that if the Exterminator dies, he dies as well. He will NOT win with the dopplegangers under any circumstances.

and

2) Alter the programming on the role distributor, so that one of two scenarios are chosen randomly, which are thus:

Bonus points if the introductory text is ambiguous as to whether there's one large mafia, or two small mafias, so that only the mafia actually know that there's another mafia.

What do you think?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 29, 2009, 01:38:50 am »

As much as I like this I fail to see where MS Paint becomes necessary. o_O
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2009, 11:46:53 am »

As much as I like this I fail to see where MS Paint becomes necessary. o_O

Total boredom is where it becomes necessary!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2009, 11:51:07 am »

Apparently Lifehacker agrees with you about MS Paint.

On a more serious note, I think we should start a semi-official discussion about conditional votes in the next round.  I'm still torn on whether I'd like to see them continue or not, but if they do, I would like to see a list of official possibilities and some sort of ordering.

My main idea would be to apply conditional votes in the reverse order that they are received.  In the case going on in the game of one person saying "tie the vote" and another (later) saying "untie the vote":
- All non-conditional votes are counted.
- "Untie the vote" applies.  If the votes are tied, untie them; otherwise, don't apply it.
- "Tie the vote" applies.  The votes are currently untied, so tie them.

Reverse the order to keep the first poster from re-posting his initial vote to change the order. (It could still happen, but would be less likely.)

(Overall, I think people should just pay attention to the game and avoid situations where it is necessary.)

Thoughts?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 117