Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 302178 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre3 released
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2010, 04:21:42 am »

Just used it for the first time today...
EPIC no more of those annoying Spiral Ramp Cramps...

Though I want to do a 'full' circle in the CVS file. so that means 4 z worth of stuff. How do I make it repeat the 4z on the NEXT 4z, last time I did it, it went back to the top and went one down, thus going over the second layer of my circle...

EDIT: And THATS Why I couldn't find it myself. Its in General Discussion, not modding...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:07 pm »

joelpt, the build walls part of the surface.xls in /Modular is set to dig mode, not build mode. doesn't do anything but spew walls randomly all over the place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Viscen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2010, 10:01:06 am »

The new stockpile settings don't really work with the QuickFortress blueprints. It would be appreciated if you could fix this.

EDIT'd for clarity.
EDIT'd yet again, Toady fixed the refuse stockpiles, but it might be worth taking a look at again.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:17:51 pm by Viscen »
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2010, 10:00:08 am »

sorry bout this necro, but I thought it might be geniunly usefull if it could have a undo thing, read the blueprint, go to the buildings and or designations and just send the delete.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2010, 10:11:39 am »

I'll take a look at the stuff mentioned above this weekend. The Z-level problem Nevyn mentioned sounds like a possible bug in QF2. I'll also get aliases.txt support in, which I believe is what Viscen is looking for. I'll also fix up the blueprint mistake mentioned by Aklyon.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:46 am »

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2010, 10:32:15 pm »

hrm. I'm having some problems figuring out the syntax for the rotate command, etc. I have a blueprint with a designated start point in the *center* of the pattern. Is there a way to make it print the pattern four times, in rotation around that starting point?

Seems to get some errors saying it isn't a square plan >_<
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:35:56 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

Tranq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »

joelpt,
I'm not really using Quickfort, yet I've got interested to check another tool ... and it works really sluggy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think you got the idea...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:50:12 pm by Tranq »

Cypherwulfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2010, 03:31:39 am »

A note to people using this Mod. I noticed that stockpiles were not setting properly. If you look in the alias.txt file, the counts are off on a couple of the settings. For instance, to set it to seeds only, the alias file says to go down 7, and in the menu now, its down 8.

I have included here the text from the changes I made to correct this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just replace what is in your aliases.txt
If you made any changes or additions yourself, then just replace the food section.
I have not figured out the corpse and bone only section yet.
If anyone else can properly explain it to me, I will fix that too.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:24 am »

IS there more blue prints?

Cypherwulfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2010, 02:30:29 am »

The blue prints I have been using are the ones for the example fort in the download. Most of the bedroom types that are on the wiki have been loaded by others.

I have noticed another issue, and I am not a programmer so I dont know what it might be. Even if I use the example blueprints, nothing that is 2z levels in the csv digs our right when repeated. Such as the plumbing-1dig. It will dig the first level, then go down a level. Once it digs that second level, it starts digging the first again without dropping a zlevel. and if I try to create my own multilevel blueprint, it completely craps out. Is there a setting I have to check to fix this?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2010, 10:26:29 am »

Try adding a third, blank, level.  That'll force it to drop another Z before repeating.

Cypherwulfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2010, 11:17:05 am »

Actually, I started using the 2 pre release, and it works wonderfully.

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 05, 2010, 04:56:10 pm »

I LOVE THIS!

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2010, 12:36:19 pm »

I'm not really using Quickfort, yet I've got interested to check another tool ... and it works really sluggy.
The main idea is to flood DF with the keystrokes and then let some time for DF to process all the keys at one time.
Interesting approach. In my earlier testing if I sent certain keys too fast DF would miss them. For example, in QF 1.x there is an extra delay added between {Enter} keys because DF would miss keys while working on displaying a menu with a lot of stuff (e.g. a list of all your stone).

QF 2.x's use of DF's builtin macros makes things much faster and more reliable than keystroke based sends, at the obvious expense of increased code complexity.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42