Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59092 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2009, 03:50:45 pm »

@SniHjen: Why was Josh's quote Anti town ?
--------------------
@inaluct: Anything else you want to say?
--------------------
@ToonyMan: Acting crazy already? :P
--------------------
Cool thought Josh...

What if there ISN'T a town Medium?  And if there is... what if he is killed? How am I supposed to contribute to this game like that?  What If the medium is a lurker?  There's too many ifs to seriously consider your proposal.

We could say the same for any experienced player... lynch him because if he is a dopp... But then... what if he is town and the remaining experienced players are not...

What you're doing is trying to push a policy lynch (or kill?) in the weirdest way possible...

Usually... bad or lurky players are lynched to avoid having them in the final stages of the game... but you're proposing KILLING an experienced player, just in case he is scum and being very optimistic about my chances of involvement with the game.

Do you not care if I have a relevant role or not?

Are you earnest about this proposal? 
----------------------
@Janus: Can you develop on the supposed slip?  You think he was claiming an anti town role?  Why would he do that after voting as opposed to giving a reason for his vote?
-------------------- 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2009, 04:00:28 pm »

I'm just posting what I have said so far for everybody.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They do lack substance though, that's for sure.  Ah well.  It is day 1.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »

@Alexhans
At this point, I'm not really convinced or even too terribly worried that SniHjen is a dopp.  Just storing it in the back of my mind for later in the game.  This is why I was a little paranoid in the last game about fixing grammatical errors (fat lot of good that did me :-D).

@Everyone
On another note, it is interesting watching chaoticjosh and Alexhans (two good players from last game, no idea before that) go after each other like this.  I almost wonder if they are both either dopps or cultists, just *acting* angry at each other?  I'm not sold on the idea yet, but it bears keeping in mind.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2009, 04:05:47 pm »

Josh: Skill at the game shouldn't be an excuse to preemptively kill someone. What if the medium is a dopp (since that can happen this game). What if Alex is an AWV or agent, or some similarly useful role that won't be nearly as useful if he's dead?

The same could be said of anyone Rysith, remember how we accidentally killed both the AWV and the PWV on the first two nights last game, purely through accident?

Also, the dopp medium can be circumvented quite easily: By neither Alex or the medium using the dead chat. The medium can simply PM Alex, and they can talk in that fashion. That's how I talked with Nuke almost the entire time I was dead, and it hasn't been outlawed since.

Alex, you can believe I'm very earnest about a "policy" lynch. Your particular skill set lets you be mafia way better than it lets you be town. Preventing you from gaining the upper hand seems like a better idea than waiting until you do, then being forced to sift through whatever nightmare of preparatory excuses you have ready, and then reluctantly lynch you based on that.

Prevention > cure, is what I'm trying to say.

I'll think it over though Alex, and If I think of a great reason to unvote you, then I will.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2009, 04:09:38 pm »

Alexhans is only voting me because of who I am!  That's profiling!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2009, 04:33:28 pm »

@inaluct: Anything else you want to say?
Yes.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2009, 04:35:12 pm »

I echo the comments that there are many, many players. Especially when they can generate four pages of posts before I notice that it's started. I'll random vote for EchoP, though. He hasn't posted yet, and getting everyone to speak up a bit is good, especially the new players.
Hey. I have no suspicions as of yet, but I will look into it.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2009, 04:38:26 pm »

Josh: Skill at the game shouldn't be an excuse to preemptively kill someone. What if the medium is a dopp (since that can happen this game). What if Alex is an AWV or agent, or some similarly useful role that won't be nearly as useful if he's dead?

The same could be said of anyone Rysith, remember how we accidentally killed both the AWV and the PWV on the first two nights last game, purely through accident?

Very true. I'm not trying to say that lynching Alex is a bad idea (I'm leaning towards not lynching him, but I'm not really sure enough to commit one way or the other), just that lynching Alex because he is a good player, and then counting on a medium to allow him to still help us is not a good reason to lynch him, at least without hunting around for other people to go after.

Also, the dopp medium can be circumvented quite easily: By neither Alex or the medium using the dead chat. The medium can simply PM Alex, and they can talk in that fashion. That's how I talked with Nuke almost the entire time I was dead, and it hasn't been outlawed since.

Ah, I was thinking of the case where either there is a dopp medium posing as town medium, or dopp medium and no town medium. Both would prevent a dead player from helping out.

Prevention > cure, is what I'm trying to say.
Perhaps. We should be going for the best possible lynch, though, and to me it's a question of whether a better result would happen by lynching someone else while maintaining awareness of Alex's acting abilities, rather than lynching alex without hunting for other suspicious people.

Fake edit: unvote, since EchoP posted. Echo, any comments on the game thus far, even if you have no suspicions?

Vote Servant Corps, again for not posting.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »

Vote Rysith for pulling up BS to vote for Alexhans. You don't vote in mafia based on skill, never.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2009, 04:53:53 pm »

... I'll random vote for EchoP, though. He hasn't posted yet, and getting everyone to speak up a bit is good, especially the new players. ...

Vote Rysith for pulling up BS to vote for Alexhans. You don't vote in mafia based on skill, never.

me == confused
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:52 pm »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf : Kashyyk
Alexhans: chaoticjosh
Cheeetar : Beacon80
Rysith : Mr.Person
Servant Corps : Rysith
ToonyMan : Alexhans
chaoticjosh : Frelock, SniHjen
No Lynch: JanusTwoFace

Hopefully that's correct. You'll have to double-check your votes on these, since with this many players it'll be easy for me to miss something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 05:16:46 pm »

... I'll random vote for EchoP, though. He hasn't posted yet, and getting everyone to speak up a bit is good, especially the new players. ...

me == confused

Oh sorry, You're right, I meant to vote chaoticjosh
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 05:24:05 pm »

You say that like it's common knowledge Mr.Person. Please, share with us, what is the basis behind NEVER voting for someone based on skill?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2009, 05:40:52 pm »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf : Kashyyk
Alexhans: chaoticjosh
Cheeetar : Beacon80
Rysith : Mr.Person
Servant Corps : Rysith
ToonyMan : Alexhans
chaoticjosh : Frelock, SniHjen
No Lynch: JanusTwoFace

Hopefully that's correct. You'll have to double-check your votes on these, since with this many players it'll be easy for me to miss something.

Wow, I was expecting that.  So many single votes.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2009, 05:53:08 pm »

You say that like it's common knowledge Mr.Person. Please, share with us, what is the basis behind NEVER voting for someone based on skill?

Alright, let's lynch all the experienced players. Let's start with you.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47