Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59374 times)

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2009, 12:18:30 pm »

I'm vaguely suspicious of Webadict, but no more so than I usually am.  He's trying to take control of the game, overanalysing absolutely everything, and actually thinks Gambler's Fallacy means anything.  But that's SOP for Webadict.
Servant Corps looks like a good target, for the reasons Web just went over (Lurkers shouldn't be protected, etc.), however, I'm keeping my vote on Cheetar, as he hasn't responded yet (If you have and I missed it, let me know)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2009, 12:20:45 pm »

This is just a tangled mess.

At the very least, I can be relieved in the fact that a cat and mouse game is occurring, between the dopps and cultists, who need to genuinely scumhunt rather than just pretend to act town. They need to capture eachother as much as the town needs to capture them.

Hey Meph, if either the dopp seeker, agent seeker, or scientist aliens complete their goal, and the exterminator loses, what happens to the exterminator? Does he just commit seppuku in shame or does he just chill out for the rest of the game?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:59 pm »

Hey Meph, if either the dopp seeker, agent seeker, or scientist aliens complete their goal, and the exterminator loses, what happens to the exterminator? Does he just commit seppuku in shame or does he just chill out for the rest of the game?

He still tries to kill everyone else. He just then has to go try and track down the other alien(s) after the game is over. Whether or not he succeeds I leave to the imagination of the players.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »

Alright.

Hmm, another: does the mad scientist's clone double protect against EVERY form of death? Say, for example, that a dopp mad scientist attacks a PWV, would it be his clone that takes the hit, or him? Or, in a different example, suppose a mad scientist got a warlock lynched, would the Warlock kill him or his double?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2009, 12:43:34 pm »

Alright.

Hmm, another: does the mad scientist's clone double protect against EVERY form of death? Say, for example, that a dopp mad scientist attacks a PWV, would it be his clone that takes the hit, or him? Or, in a different example, suppose a mad scientist got a warlock lynched, would the Warlock kill him or his double?

Yup. The body double takes the first kill, regardless of reason. Hmm...I'm not sure if it works for abductions or not. I'll have to think about that, although I'm leaning towards yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2009, 12:44:02 pm »

I second Pandarsenic's complaint about the number of posts going on in this thread.

I'm glad that Servent Corps has continued to act suspicious and generally like he needs to be lynched, and like Webadict's analysis here. Webadict may be suspicious, but I can't help but nod my head when it agrees with what I said, even if it might just be to further plans as a cultist/dopp/exterminator.

Of course, that just means that we have to start looking for people who are acting otherwise suspicious for tomorrow, or dopp/cult/exterminators piling on to follow along with a potentially-developing bandwagon.

And Janus, we can expect at least two (cult + dopps), probably three or four ( + one of the alien kills/abductions + AWV), possibly five or more ( + the other alien kills + PWV) players to be removed from the game tonight, and a reasonably similar number on future nights. With the exception of the AWV and possibly PWV, they are all at least going to be trying to remove townies. Lynching is the only kill we have, not lynching even in the absence of much solid evidence seems like the wrong move to me.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2009, 12:55:04 pm »

Agreed.  In all likelihood, I will vote for someone tomorrow morning with a few hours left in the day.  (Suspicions: Reply #121 + Servant Corps based on Webadict's reasoning.)

And a relatively high number of kills is potentially a good thing.  The aliens, dopps, and cultists (hopefully) don't know who each other are any better than we know who they are right now.  So with any luck, they'll kill each other.  And at least it will narrow down the list of potential suspects a bit.  (And slow the posts down a bit).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:10 pm »

More good reasons to get a kill on.

FoS Frelock for active lurking, RV people who lurk is NOT helpful if they just continue to lurk. FoS Beacon for lurking and then agreeing with webadict that lurking is bad.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:10 pm »

* chirp chirp chirp *

I add Mr.Person to my list of suspicious people for apparently killing the discussion.  I'm kind of surprised at how quickly we went from *OH MY GOD POST POST POST* to absolutely nothing.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:00 pm »

Psudeo-edit because I feel bad about not really having any content in my last post.

I'm also adding Cheetar, Org, and Twiggie for being the only ones who have not posted yet (by my count, could be wrong).  And technically NUKE9.13, but he's in a coma, so I'll forgive him (for now).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 03:07:15 pm »

I would of sworn I saw Org post earlier.

Also, I love how you blame me for killing the conversation when it's literally everybody else's fault.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »

I've got no leads.  I'm probably going to vote Servant Corps.  His role will tell alot about what to do the next day.

Unless Servant Corps has something to say?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2009, 03:19:03 pm »

I second Pandarsenic's complaint about the number of posts going on in this thread.

I'm glad that Servent Corps has continued to act suspicious and generally like he needs to be lynched, and like Webadict's analysis here. Webadict may be suspicious, but I can't help but nod my head when it agrees with what I said, even if it might just be to further plans as a cultist/dopp/exterminator.

Of course, that just means that we have to start looking for people who are acting otherwise suspicious for tomorrow, or dopp/cult/exterminators piling on to follow along with a potentially-developing bandwagon.

And Janus, we can expect at least two (cult + dopps), probably three or four ( + one of the alien kills/abductions + AWV), possibly five or more ( + the other alien kills + PWV) players to be removed from the game tonight, and a reasonably similar number on future nights. With the exception of the AWV and possibly PWV, they are all at least going to be trying to remove townies. Lynching is the only kill we have, not lynching even in the absence of much solid evidence seems like the wrong move to me.
Well, the sheer number of players makes lurking possible and likely.

And I make one relevant post about one player. That doesn't mean there aren't others out there. Keep searching for more. I'd rather like Pandarsenic to start playing.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 03:22:07 pm »

You just had the privilege of having been the last person to post... :-D

And no, Org hasn't posted (or been online for about 26 hours, so I guess that explains the not posting).

All in all, the 'fun' of looking that up kind of makes me want to write a helper application that can grab data from the forums and parse it into a useful form for mafia.  (Yay for computer science oddities?)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:48 pm »

@Toony:
I think Mr.Person and Sir Josh are both town and should stop fighting.  We need to get the anti-town!
WHy?

also... My vote for being crazy, while it was a random vote, is proving to be totally valid...
-----------------------
SniHjen... first off... calm down...  You won't be able to keep track of your FosApalooza...

I'm not forgetting that you voted me for my dee o pee pee joke... :rolleyes:

Have you read other Paranormals? 

They had ONLY one max for each allignment.   That meant that a Mass claim from the start was actually A GREAT strategy. 

I don't know why there's another scumgroup in this game when this was town Vs dopps with a couple of third parties.  It only complicates things IMO and makes it all very swingy.

And knowing that the survivor alien can only win with town or dopps it should be harder for cultists.

I'm betting the cultist have some good PRs and that the dopps have an almost as good set of skills.  Town probably doesn't have as many PRs

Consider the balance.  2 scumgroups of 3 vs 17 town (maybe some aliens) is worst than 4 scum vs 19.  So for the sake of balance I can only assume that much.

Oh, and about your exterminator comment... It seems you wouldn't recognize a joke even if it danced naked in front of you XD
----------------
Rysith... trust me... there will be crosskills in this type of game...
----------------
Archangel: anything else?  A_Fey did post before you.
---------------------
Question for Janus and Kashyyk.
How is it that Josh and I are going hard at each other...?  He proposed my lynch as policy.  I didn't hang him for such a ridiculous suggestion... I'd say I went pretty soft on him. 
@janus: Why do you want to vote near the deadline?
----------------------
At the very least, I can be relieved in the fact that a cat and mouse game is occurring, between the dopps and cultists, who need to genuinely scumhunt rather than just pretend to act town. They need to capture eachother as much as the town needs to capture them.
Josh... this is actually BAD news... it means that we can't find the usual tells of fake scumhunting... because they TOTALLY CAN scumhunt each other... and be wrong too...  So it's gonna be a hell lot different from the past games...
-----------------------
Duke:  writing like that might be cool but I don't even enjoy reading it when I'm trying to find substance in what you say.  Try to be simpler.
-----------------------
Mr.Person: did you make that Graph?
-----------------------
@EVERYONE:
If you had to lynch one of these guys... who would it be?
EchoP, R1ck, Twiggie, inaluct, Org, Archangel

I'm doing an excel with interactions and highlights...

So far... My main suspect list contains the following (obv, it can't contain inactive people who are all null reads) in similar levels.

Josh
ToonyMan
ServantCorps

Of course.  I, as opposed to josh, don't feel that lynching him today is such a good idea.  I'd rather give him some time and see what happens.  I don't trust the possibility of a medium.  Espcecially with so many possible kills.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47