Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59101 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2009, 05:06:45 pm »

Hmmm, I don't expect Servant Corp to live this night.  he's probably going to be abducted, even if he is lying.

Anyway, we got some information out of him so let's start hitting the lurkers.  Like Org!

FoS all lurkers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2009, 05:13:17 pm »

That's true. He probably will be abducted. If a Survivor Alien is abducted, does he win, since he can't technically die there?

Also, I'm more for a R1ck lynch than an Org lynch, given his previous statement.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2009, 05:18:43 pm »

That's true. He probably will be abducted. If a Survivor Alien is abducted, does he win, since he can't technically die there?

No, he loses if he's abducted. He's trying to escape the situation, not be turned into a scientific experiment (or locked away by the Dopp Hunter's government).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2009, 05:51:25 pm »

And I can wait to see if there is a counter-claim too.

Counter-claim would be most interesting. I'll also go out on a limb and remind people that last game Pandarsenic claimed survivor when he was exterminator. At the same time, I agree that a survivor claim is likely to lead to an abduction, and don't want to waste a lynch. Thus, Unvote. I'll have to watch things for a bit before voting again, now that there is discussion going on and forcing lurkers is seems less pointful.

----------------
Rysith... trust me... there will be crosskills in this type of game...
----------------

I'm sure that there will be. But with 19 targets (23, minus three scum, minus Nuke) for each of the scum groups, and only 3 + aliens as non-town, that's still roughly 75% of the kills hitting town, unless the scum groups are actively going after each other... Which seems unlikely the first night.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2009, 06:02:22 pm »

The Whiteboard
Cheeetar : Beacon80
JanusTwoFace : A_Fey_Dwarf, Servant Corps
Org : Kashyyk, R1ck
R1ck : Mr.Person
Servant Corps : SniHjen, webadict
ToonyMan : Alexhans
Twiggie : Frelock
No Lynch: JanusTwoFace

I'm heading off for Comic-Con. I might be able to get online when I get home, I might not. So this is the last Whiteboard I'm going to promise you before I tally the final votes tomorrow morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »

AGH!  Who do I vote for!!?!?!?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20:39 pm »

Just so everybody knows, the Alien Scientist is, in fact, not pro-Town. He removes 4 players from the game, of which only 1 (Or two, if he captures a Cultist, which is the only case he is actually pro-Town.) If he removes 3 players that could be used as buffer against the Dopps/Cultists, it's very bad for us. Just remember that.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2009, 06:32:54 pm »

It depends. If he meets up with the town and offers his services, they could always have him grab any dopps or cultists that get found. Sort of a mix of a vig, roleblocker, and inspection. Sounds useful to me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2009, 06:45:50 pm »

I'm also con-bound, so don't expect me to post much over the next 4 days.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2009, 07:30:52 pm »

Wow Servant, I'd have taken my chances with the lynch than reveal myself as the survivor!

If you aren't abducted, you'll be killed by the cultists or the exterminator the next day, as neither have any reason to leave you alive, and you're a relatively safe kill, since they don't need to face retaliation, unless, of course, you have a deadman bomb, but I doubt that, shields are a hot item among survivors. This is of course assuming you're telling the truth.

Also, to Rysith, you can't compare Servant to Pandar, as Pandar roleclaimed as a last ditch effort to throw the dopps' interest off him, while this is to avoid a lynch.

Now, my deduction is that Servant is actually a Scientist with a shield and deadman bomb, as a survivor claim is safe for him (as an actual survivor claim is suicide, and a  real survivor might puss out like last time) and he might be able to recruit the help of the dopps to survive long enough to fulfill his objective.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2009, 07:33:02 pm »

Just so everybody knows, the Alien Scientist is, in fact, not pro-Town. He removes 4 players from the game, of which only 1 (Or two, if he captures a Cultist, which is the only case he is actually pro-Town.) If he removes 3 players that could be used as buffer against the Dopps/Cultists, it's very bad for us. Just remember that.

I'm not sure if I follow your logic here. Scientist needs a human, a dopp, and an alien. Given the "survivor is anti-town" that seems prevalent, that's two anti-town roles (dopp, an alien) for one pro-town role (unless he grabs a cultist, in which case it's 0-3). Sure, there is a potential (and even likelihood) that he will hit a pro-town person, but given that he takes two anti-town people with him that doesn't seem any worse than a war veteran to me.

Are you talking about what happens when the people that the scientist abducts return if the scientist dies?

I can't see him really offering his services to the town, though. The scientist doesn't want to stick around, since every night that he isn't gone is a night that he can be killed. About the best that I can see is a town investigative role pointing out scum of the appropriate type for him to act on. Any alliance with the scientist would likely involve pointing out two targets in exchange for a sacrificial third, or something like that.

And Servant: Why the vote for Janus? Why not unvote?

Fake edit: That's a possibility, josh, though I'm not sure why you think the second item was a deadman bomb. I'd expect a scanner to be in there somewhere.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

I think we will find out if there is an Alien Scientist tonight. If there is, I would likely get abducted. I better hope the Alien Scientist meet a gruesome fate after I get abducted though, so that I don't have to worry about being dissected...FOR SCIENCE!

Shields are indeed an hot item among survivors. I can't say what Item I choose, but if I did choose that item, the cultists or the exterminator would have wasted one kill on me. The exterminator and the cultists need to kill as many Pro-Town people as possible, and wasting kills would be a waste of time and energy. They'd be better off killing somebody else, than waste a shot on me. And that's assuming that I choose the hot Item in question...

Oh, and Unvote. I forgot about my vote for Janus.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2009, 07:38:07 pm »

This is just a theory Rysith, if I were a scientist, I'd take the items that would allow me to pursue a very specific strategy. That strategy being to survive as long as humanly possible so I can fulfill my objective. A scanner is a possibility though, a strong possibility.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:46 pm »

Speak Org or get lynched.  SPEEEEAAAAKKKKK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2009, 07:42:29 pm »

I checked your account, you where on when I kept telling you to speak.  This is your own fault.  Maybe you'll get on early tommorow before the verdict.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47