Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59103 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2009, 06:07:24 pm »

Bring him down with me!  Hah!

Unvote.

Vote Duke 2.0.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 28, 2009, 06:59:56 pm »

An extension would be nice.

Well, that took an ugly turn.

Sadly, I'm going to have to mod-kill SniHjen for posting his role PM. He was in fact a normal human townsperson. Although I do hope that he reconsiders his statement of never playing Mafia games again.
:o
:-[
Why did you refuse to answer my questions then?

If you were a townie (which I highly doubt at this point), you were guilty of Townie Vision. You were focused solely on one guy, seeing him as total scum, and focusing all your intetion on him to the exclusion of all possiblities. To be fair, we're all guilty of that in some point.
True. My bad entirely.

See, Meph, there is a difference between promising to work together inside of a game, and promising to work together outside of a game. That is what ToonyMan did. ToonyMan made an OOC agreement with Nuke, because Nuke and ToonyMan trusted each other to tell the truth...to each other. Now, in Mafiascum, using "meta" is fine, and I'm not discouraging "meta" at all (like "Lynch All Liars", "Lynch All Lurkers", "Look At Everyone's Posting Habits In Previous Games To Determine How They Act If They Were Town/Scum"). I do however object to OOC Agreements like what just happened.
I think you mean Duke here, not Nuke.

Also, as much as I would like not to be lynched, Toony could be lying about Duke being his ally. Duke has not confirmed or deny this, so let's remember that before we lynch him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2009, 07:02:06 pm »

Well, I think I'm going to do the day extension. We only have about half of the players voted so far on the game's continuation in general, and I think a lot of people will want to read through what has happened before changing their votes in general.

So, day 2 will now end 5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2 - Extended (game possibly messed up)
« Reply #453 on: July 28, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »

ToonyMan

As soon as one of the supposed Cultists was dead, Toony could have ratted out Duke as his info source and killed another Townie, sealing the game.

Duke I imagine would know better than to sell himself for one Townie kill.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »

wait. what is wrong with the game?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2009, 08:15:28 pm »

Unvote from Toonyman actually.

Unless they were planning to stop Toony from revealing his source... Then, free Townie kill.

Vote as necessary to bring about a double-lynch of Duke and Toony.

Ninja'd by Org: Snjhn (whatever his name is) posted his role PM to break the gamble Toony or Duke was making.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 28, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »

shnjin: Wow. I dont even know why you did that. It was dumb, and you aren't supposed to do that. Not even being a beginner should excuse that.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 28, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »

I could be lying.  That is the essence of Mafia.

Yes, but the point of a lie is so that people believe it. And if people believe that you cheated and gotten an unfair advantage, then that would disguise other people from lying and cheating.

Org: Getting himself modkilled means that today, the Town can roleflip three people instead of two people, gaining more valuable information. Getting Modkilled can be a game tactic that can easily be abused to benieft one side. In this case, the Town.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:01 pm »

A double lynch of toonyman and duke sounds pretty good at this point to me, although I'm not really that suspicious of toony right now; I kinda believe his story of being played like a puppet.
Unvote EchoP, vote Duke 2.0.

What I'm wondering now is: should we trust Kashyyk? On one hand, he did say that SniHjen was a regular human, which he was, but he might be an anti-town agent, or he might have just guessed correctly. I'm thinking that there is an agent seeker out there, since there doesn't seem to be an scientist or exterminator, so Kashyyks probably going to get taken away tonight, which is unfortunate if he really is pro-town.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:48 pm »

I could be lying.  That is the essence of Mafia.

Yes, but the point of a lie is so that people believe it. And if people believe that you cheated and gotten an unfair advantage, then that would disguise other people from lying and cheating.

Org: Getting himself modkilled means that today, the Town can roleflip three people instead of two people, gaining more valuable information. Getting Modkilled can be a game tactic that can easily be abused to benieft one side. In this case, the Town.
Well. I guess. But still. It was dumb.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 28, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »

Woah woah, hold on here. That's nearby five pages! Can't a guy grill some fish in peace?

Now you won't find me posting a good novel on the various grammatical decisions that other players have made to incite the idea they are scum, as I don't think I have the willpower for such a thing. However, I would like to point out that the only evidence that I was involved in such an alliance is Toonymans word. And in a game of Mafia, even best friends can be bitter enemies.

I would also point out that Toonyman had a townie on his list of mafia roles, showing whoever his informant is, they did a good job of confusing him. Yes, I am sticking to being innocent.

If not for SniHjen being kicked, I would have pointed blame in that direction, as there has been a lot of suspicion pointed in his general direction. However, with that out of the way and my possible accusations being false, I really don't have any idea who the informant could be. I suppose I shall have to look around and see who I can trust on this issue.

But yes, I don't doubt Toonyman is a normal guy. I think he just pointed the finger at me as a random stab to ensure that his informant could live for some agreement. Sure it makes little sense, but it appears their plans have been shot to pieces. Surely such a predicament would cause some logistical problems.

Edit: While flattered, I don't think I could play somebody if I tried. No, whoever did this would be very active here in the main thread.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2009, 09:55:55 pm »

Well, if ToonyMan says that, he's a moron you can be glad is dead. And anyways, it's looking pretty likely town is gonna win, barring some crazy shit, so you shouldn't fret a lynch that bad.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:35 pm »

People who aren't normally inclined towards such things can be guided by those who are. It's happened before.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:00 pm »

Grrrr....curse you Duke and your fish!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:31 pm »

Well, if ToonyMan says that, he's a moron you can be glad is dead. And anyways, it's looking pretty likely town is gonna win, barring some crazy shit, so you shouldn't fret a lynch that bad.

The cult is still strong, and likely the doppelganger will survive if the town lynches me and Toony. I'm sure dieing to a lynch here would be a somewhat big deal, as we will have four deaths to deal with. Half of those will be town. So say this game is already set and that the death of a townsperson means nothing is reckless and prone to suspicion.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47