Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59357 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 4
« Reply #645 on: August 07, 2009, 09:19:25 am »

Well, seeing as to the number of people who want a new game I'm gonna reveal my role. I'm the protector. Last night, somebody tried to kill Kashyyk. I'm pretty sure it was Frelock.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 07, 2009, 09:28:59 am »

Well, seeing as to the number of people who want a new game I'm gonna reveal my role. I'm the protector. Last night, somebody tried to kill Kashyyk. I'm pretty sure it was Frelock.
Not like it mattered. Kashyyk didn't do anything last night...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:12 am »

The day passes slowly, few people have the energy to talk and no one seems to have any good leads on who the cultist might be. As night draws near, you all become aware of eerie stillness.

You step outside, and notice that the storm has stopped swirling around the island. Dark clouds have begun to gather above you instead, and as you watch you see flashes of lightning arc between the clouds. There is a rushing sound, and you see the sea begin to hiss and bubble just off shore.

As you stand there, puzzled, a giant form rises up from the ocean. Its body is dark and mottled, its many arms covered with seaweed and barnacles. It's features are so horrible that your minds cannot hope to cope with it. It strides ashore, and not one of you can move. Your minds strain under the horrorible presence of this thing. It towers over you, the endless darkness of its eyes searching among you.

Then, it reaches out and grasps Archangel. He shrieks in horror. You can hear him babbling. Something about a rite, about sacrifice, about being loyal. The creatures mouth opens, and you feel a trembling in your bones. You cannot actually hear what is said, the tone is too low,  but you get a sense of it in your minds. The ritual was botched, the sacrifice done poorly. The Great Old Ones are displeased, and it is the cultist who will now suffer their wrath.

Grasping a writhing Archangel in one hand, the creature returns to the depths. The clouds and lightning fade, and eventually you find yourselves standing under a clear moonlit sky.

Such an odd vacation. You find you really can't remember much of it, but you're sure it was pleasant and uneventful. You look around, a bit dazed, and wander back to your houses.

Everything is normal...everything is normal....everything is...is....normal?

Hehe...never summon Great Old Ones, it never goes well.

So, yeah, we have a clear consensus that the game should end. I got a PM from Archangel saying he voted yes. So, we'll chalk that up as a victory for the town, if not a very good victory for the survivors.

Interesting game all around. Not the most successful, but I learned a lot about large games and low power roles, as well as balance issues between multiple scum teams.

Now, if people would go over and join the discussion thread we can decide if we want to keep the cultists around or not and see if there are any other changes we want to make. For one thing, do we want to cap the number of players?

I'll start a sign-up thread for round 8 once we've got a few things hashed out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended
« Reply #648 on: August 07, 2009, 10:18:58 am »

YEAH.  I TOLD YOU SO.   ;D

EDIT:  Yes, capping is good.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2009, 10:21:28 am »

Care to post all the PM's of this round?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2009, 10:29:42 am »

Hehe. Just about to.

Roles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 07, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

Night 1

Night 2

Night 3
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2009, 10:31:48 am »

Too many townies for my taste.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2009, 11:27:17 am »

Don't forget Dead Chat.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2009, 11:40:51 am »

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. Busy morning.

Dead Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/KF49rggZ5cqbT
Dopp Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/3khqBcBDL78w
Cult Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/pEVNW7aGPxjr
Come play Mafia with us!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2009, 12:08:20 pm »

To servant corps I answer:

I would take his offer when there was a chance that I might pull through this game... I won't get betrayed by a survival alien that will gain much more from a dopp lynch than anything else.

You guys are too trustful to think that one is gonna compromise his last stand because he is offered a mild possibility. SC had much more chances working with town.

I needed to get down to aprox. 7 people to contact him as a dopp.

The Survivior Alien would have only sold you out when the Cultists were dead. As it stands, I thought you would work with the Town to defeat the common enemy: The Cultists. It was the Cultists that eventually killed you, not the Town. Oh well.

Also, I'll roleclaim now. I'm not the Survivor Alien. I'm the Townie. I fake-roleclaimed to try and lure the Doppelgangers to contact me so that I can betray them, as well as to avoid getting lynched on D1. It was not a good strategy (a Vanillia Townie should rather get lynched than to lie about their role), but I did it nevertheless.

I'm glad that the Doppelgangers trusted my fake-roleclaim and that we lynched Org rather than me, but overall, the fake-roleclaim was a waste.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:10:46 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2009, 12:58:29 pm »

Too many townies for my taste.
It is clear that you have a bad taste :P

@Servant:  Dude... you realize you were just trying to stab me in the back?  I did very good in not trusting you.  Fakeclaiming like that is pretty anti-town.  You were lucky to pull it off.  If Cult and Dopps hadn't killed each other you would've looked scummier and possibly been lynched.  I honestly believed that you were a survial alien because I was sure that the cultists had some sort of PR and that would've balanced with having a survival alien to help the dopps.

Also, what if there was a REAL survivor alien?  What would've happened then?

@MOD:  What's up with an attempt of a kill working like a block??? That's not in the rules.  That was just invented by you.   That's uncool.  You take to much liscence to decide that kind of stuff.  Same as you did when the Dopp kill overrid the Exterminator (solifuge) kill in round... 2?

EDIT: Never mind...

Also... Why on earth did the cultists had a Godfather and we didnt?  There was no survivor alien so we could not balance it that way.  We should've gotten 1 PR to balance with the cultists additional PR. 

The game was interesting but I'd rather go back to scum vs town.  As I predicted.  Cross kills were in order.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:14:11 pm by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2009, 01:01:26 pm »

Alexhans, why you keep bashing me dude?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2009, 01:01:52 pm »

Alexhans, I think Kashyyk didn't action.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:00 pm »

Alexhans, why you keep bashing me dude?
You ask for it.  You can't play both sides of the coin...

First you are acted all cocky and annoying... Pulling that stunt on Duke was uncool.  Then you begged for forgiveness.  After being horribly wrong and anti-town you pretend to have been playing a great game or knowing who the scum was.

Finally, have you even read mafia theory and balancing issues to suggest the amount of townies?  Humbleness may be hard but it works sometimes. 

If you enjoy getting unbeatable roles and winning a game because a setup is broken (eg: pirate 2) then you shouldn't talk about balance because you just enjoy winning.  Winning is fun.  But winning a fair game where everyone enjoys himself is much better.  Hell, losing that kind of game is funny too (after your body loses all it's warmth and desire for revenge :P)

Alexhans, I think Kashyyk didn't action.
mmmm... it seems you're right... Why didn't he gave meph his action beforehand ???

Meph...  Reading roles is confusing... Next time I want a comprised list of actions and results like in a certain google doc...  ;D
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47