Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 540569 times)

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #945 on: January 01, 2013, 01:40:00 pm »

AAAh, thank you. On a side notice, the baby-problem in one of my fortresses is become quite big. They don't care about the baby-cap because they are nasty creatures peforming orgies in the meeting halls at all possible moments for some reason. :(( Dem dorfs man...
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 02, 2013, 02:23:21 am »

You can always mod them to age faster.
But I think that requires a new world gen.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:39 pm »

Cacame, Cacame, Cacame!
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 04, 2013, 02:35:31 am »

Hey, does anyone have an in-game description of Cacame? I'm drawing a picture of him and I want to make it as accurate as possible. :)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 05, 2013, 01:23:26 am »

Unfortunately, this was before descriptions. However some amount of facts were unofficially agreed upon.

1: Cacame was blonde
2: Cacame did not have a beard, however would occasionally wear a fake one. It was prone to falling off, and stopped.
3: Cacame's ears pointed back, rather than to the sides.
4: Cacame was often depicted as lithe, like his elven heritage. This did not diminish his strength.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 05, 2013, 09:21:49 am »

According to Holy Mittens's stories and Fault's artwork, Cacame was actually dark-haired.

His hair was a color so dark it was called black by any but the most discerning of eyes, so it shall be called black here.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 05, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »

Huh.  :o

Must have missed that on my rereading, somehow.

Cacame doesn't have much color art of him with hair save some of the early work by Vester, and he's blonde in that, so I guess that's where I got it from.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 06, 2013, 02:55:36 am »

Unfortunately, this was before descriptions. However some amount of facts were unofficially agreed upon.

2: Cacame did not have a beard, however would occasionally wear a fake one. It was prone to falling off, and stopped.
4: Cacame was often depicted as lithe, like his elven heritage. This did not diminish his strength.

Ah, okay. I'm doing a pencil sketch of him, so hair colour doesn't really matter too much (though I was imagining him blonde), but what I've done already either complies to this criteria or avoids contradicting it (he's lithe, and his hair hides his ears), with the exception of the fake beard. See, recently I read a story concerning the legendary foundation of the Lombards (an ancient Germanic tribe) in which women braided their long hair in front of their face in order to look like beards - I thought it would be cool if Cacame did the same. Admittedly it's not very convincing, but having a beard is an important part of dorfiness.  :D

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:16 pm »

He actually sounds like a pretty Dwarfy elf; his family being eaten alive by other elves lends him a pretty awesome backstory and undying hate for elves. Build him a nice little house out of wood wherever he ends up on the field and post a permanent military squad there to defend him from other elves.

I agree. He sounds like a pretty sweet character.

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 07, 2013, 04:19:47 am »

Ah, okay. I'm doing a pencil sketch of him, so hair colour doesn't really matter too much (though I was imagining him blonde), but what I've done already either complies to this criteria or avoids contradicting it (he's lithe, and his hair hides his ears), with the exception of the fake beard. See, recently I read a story concerning the legendary foundation of the Lombards (an ancient Germanic tribe) in which women braided their long hair in front of their face in order to look like beards - I thought it would be cool if Cacame did the same. Admittedly it's not very convincing, but having a beard is an important part of dorfiness.  :D

That sounds pretty god damn sweet, even making it original by using the German hair-beard-idea. Although I don't think that his hair should cover the ears, as those are what gives away that he is an elf and not some random human, incapable of growing a beard. But as an artist, you choose these things yourself.
Really looking forward to see it though!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2013, 05:04:06 am »

That sounds pretty god damn sweet, even making it original by using the German hair-beard-idea. Although I don't think that his hair should cover the ears, as those are what gives away that he is an elf and not some random human, incapable of growing a beard. But as an artist, you choose these things yourself.
Really looking forward to see it though!

Thanks! :D

Here's what I've done so far. I'm not sure I like it - his proportions are a bit weird, I tried giving him feminine facial features but it didn't really work out, I don't really like his clothes, and his hair-beard doesn't look enough like a beard.

I think I'll give it another go with a more dynamic pose. :)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:16 am »

Needs more unbridled testosterone, I think.

Maybe have him holding a kobold heart... in front of it's owner.

Also he needs a huge hammer, not to compensate for his inadequacy but for everyone elses compared to him.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Krall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2013, 07:19:25 am »

Also he needs a huge hammer, not to compensate for his inadequacy but for everyone elses compared to him.

Not sure about the testosterone, but the heart thing sounds cool. I'm keeping the hammer a realistic size, though - I really don't like ridiculously oversized hammers; they just look cartoonish.

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 12, 2013, 08:30:02 am »

2nded, Cacame wouldn't be wielding some low quality poverty-hammer. Give him the real shit! http://images.wikia.com/pjdf/images/2/2f/Warhammer_render.jpg This looks more like what Cacame would use, although sadly, I'm pretty sure the lore only allows him one of them...
Other than that it looks pretty sweet, maybe a bit more cheekbones to make him look more manly? As he was;
a pretty Dwarfy elf
GENERATION 32:

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33:35 am »

Drawing Cacame ? Well, you must draw him in Frank Frazetta style, of course !

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 74