How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270434 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16
« Reply #480 on: September 10, 2009, 02:25:37 am »

Faster processor freeze issue:

Intel E8400@4.4Ghz (and sometimes even @ original 3Ghz) makes game freeze when entering the legends menu.
Esc-Space helps it out and run further normally.

The higher the frequency - higher the chance of game freezing.

*This issue is for d16 only, modded and unmodded*
I thought that is a bug of overclocking but SuperPI, SNM and different 3DMark tests are running flawlessly for two hours each (without throttling).
Finis sanctificat media.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 10, 2009, 02:40:54 am »

The restriction is actually supposed to be 256x256. I may have gotten that wrong in one function.. well, suppose, that's a better fix.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 10, 2009, 02:42:52 am »

Oh. I'd've sworn that it was 200x200 like it was when Toady introduced the resizability from 80x25.

edit: Was going to check if you had added animated or otherwise cursor support, but it looks like no, since the only options are "NO" and "YES" with no file specifier in the init. Huh.

edit 2: It appears something is making it not work entirely when set to yes- just hides the mouse cursor. (d16 linux.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:13:33 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Valarnin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 10, 2009, 09:45:49 am »

I'd like to first say, thanks for this. Been wanting to play on linux with a decent framerate for a while now. It even runs faster on my linux laptop than on my windows desktop. Only one issue I've noticed so far: shift+space to cancel out of embark configuration saving doesn't seem to work. Running Gentoo on an Asus n80vn using KEYMAP="us".

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:49 am »

That's especially amusing since the linux version is compiled in ways that slows it down considerably.   ;D
I'd suggest looking at the keymap window, see what shift-space registers as.

Cursor support is generally broken, right now. Once I get around to getting *that* working again, I'll do it in such a way that it doesn't stutter, regardless of fps rate.

Valarnin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 10, 2009, 11:04:30 am »

Found another bug, this one could be fairly serious if I didn't have seasonly autosave on. Selecting Scan Key, then hitting escape to bring up the menu, then hitting space, blocks up every key except escape and space. Thusly, in 5 or 10 minutes when it next autosaves, I'll have to killall -9 dwarfort.exe to get out of the game and reload my save.

EDIT: Or maybe it just blocks up enter, either way I can't save or do much else.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:07:01 am by Valarnin »

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2009, 04:34:56 pm »

I just had a DEP error crash explorer.exe under windows XP.. I've never had one before, so I am guessing it is the 40d16 DF's fault.  I was running other programs but I'm sure it wasn't them.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2009, 04:49:26 pm »

I just had a DEP error crash explorer.exe under windows XP.. I've never had one before, so I am guessing it is the 40d16 DF's fault.  I was running other programs but I'm sure it wasn't them.

DEP crashes can be caused by all kinds of weird and innocuous-seeming stuff.  It probably had nothing to do with DF.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d14
« Reply #488 on: September 10, 2009, 10:03:38 pm »

- Mouse not registering correct position for designations under some circumstances. Code rewritten from scratch.

I am still having this problem, but havent noticed anyone else mentioning it anymore.  It happens on both d15 and d16.  I tried looking it up in the bug list here http://github.com/Baughn/Dwarf-Fortress--libgraphics-/issues but my browser dislikes the webpage for some reason so I couldn't check to see if the bug is listed there still.
Any advice?

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 11, 2009, 03:18:15 am »

Sure. Install Firefox.  :D

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 11, 2009, 08:37:37 am »

Or get the portable version of it if you are accessing the site from a workplace that rejects intelligence and restricts you to IE6 only because the board members are sleeping with Microsoft.  Er.... sorry.  Ranting again.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2009, 09:07:35 am »

Or get the portable version of it if you are accessing the site from a workplace that rejects intelligence and restricts you to IE6 only because the board members are sleeping with Microsoft.  Er.... sorry.  Ranting again.
That can't be the explanation.  IE6's persistence annoys Microsoft too (although not to the point that they'd release IE7/8 for older versions of Windows).  If the board members were cozy with Microsoft, you'd be forced to use IE8.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 11, 2009, 10:05:24 am »

That can't be the explanation.  IE6's persistence annoys Microsoft too (although not to the point that they'd release IE7/8 for older versions of Windows).  If the board members were cozy with Microsoft, you'd be forced to use IE8.
Oh, it's coming... but for right now, the internal sites were all designed for use with IE6 and most of them would seriously break using a standards browser.  But the company as a whole is taking up the Microsoft banner for everything else.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:36 am »

the one reason that DF for linux doesn't work on 64bit is because the ia-32libs doesn't include libsdl for 32 bit programs...

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 11, 2009, 10:52:42 am »

That's Ubuntu, not linux as a whole. Anyway, you can perfectly well /install/ a 32-bit sdl on 64-bit Ubuntu.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64