How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270324 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16
« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:03 pm »

...d'oh. Don't I feel stupid now.

Sorry. Intimidated by the length of the thread, I tried doing a forum search for it but it didn't turn up; apparently my search terms were in adequate.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #736 on: December 09, 2009, 02:41:38 am »

weird issue just cropped up for me (didn't notice anything similar in the github or by using the forum search) after migrating to Slackware64 13.0.
Code: [Select]
"df: line 12: ./dwarfort.exe: No such file or directory"And this happens when I do "./df" or "sh df".

I am stumped.  Stumped and worried.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 09, 2009, 04:26:25 am »

It's a bad error message, but that happens if you have *no* 32-bit code on your system - well, specifically if you lack a 32-bit dynamic linker.

Check, please.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 09, 2009, 04:05:41 pm »

d-o-{r,h} settings appear to be reversed.  I designated a huge area as restricted so I could pull out the support column underneath it, and my dwarves not only continued to enter the area, they made a specific point to go through that area, even though it was highlighted in red.  Opposite effect with high-traffic.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 09, 2009, 04:11:55 pm »

d-o-{r,h} settings appear to be reversed.  I designated a huge area as restricted so I could pull out the support column underneath it, and my dwarves not only continued to enter the area, they made a specific point to go through that area, even though it was highlighted in red.  Opposite effect with high-traffic.

Is this specific to the 40d# branch? 

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 09, 2009, 05:42:43 pm »

Check your init.txt settings regarding traffic zones and make sure they're appropriate(and check them in game, for that matter); I haven't noticed this problem.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 10, 2009, 04:50:41 pm »

My apologies for being away for so long.  I had some urgent family matters to attend to.

I will add the issue with Space preforming a LeavescreenAll instead of LeaveScreen to my list.

It may be a few days yet before I get to looking into these things, but it shouldn't be too much longer.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 10, 2009, 06:45:50 pm »

Check your init.txt settings regarding traffic zones and make sure they're appropriate(and check them in game, for that matter); I haven't noticed this problem.

Code: [Select]
[PATH_COST:1:2:5:25]

Afaik, I haven't modified that line from the git version.  All I've done is add in tilesets and tweak worldgen stuff.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 10, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »

As he mentioned, could you check in-game as well?

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 10, 2009, 07:15:58 pm »

How?  I already said it was blinking red with white Rs.  I also already ordered everyone's butts indoors before collapsing the thing amid spam of job cancellation crap.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 10, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »

We meant, check the path weights as reported by the interface.  It should say "Restricted Traffic Cost: 25" and so forth.

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 10, 2009, 07:28:58 pm »

It does under the d-o menu.  1, 2, 5, 25, from High to Restricted traffic.

Using Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 12, 2009, 06:06:34 am »

I have just took a look at http://github.com/Baughn/Dwarf-Fortress--libgraphics-/blob/master/g_src/graphics.cpp and some parts of the code really hurt my programmer feelings... ;)

Would anyone mind if I submit a patch with slighty more optimized, and nicer looking code?
I don't know how often is this code used but imho less unnecessary indexing "screen[x ][y][whatever]" would help and some other stuff can be better too.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 12, 2009, 09:49:58 am »

So long as it's nicer-looking and faster, I don't think anyone will be bothered. So, sure, go ahead.

I suggest you do some profiling first, though. You can't compile libgraphics in profiling mode, as such, but you can certainly do it with static call-count variables and explicit prints. Make sure it actually matters, before you spend effort on it.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Bacu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 13, 2009, 10:26:37 am »

Running wonderfully. gives me 5-10 more frames in general, 25 more when I'm not looking at any dorfs.

Though, would it be too much to ask for the cursor to not be hidden if I've got mouse controls off?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64