Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 127

Author Topic: Vester's Doodle-Project: GENTLEMEN.  (Read 139497 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vester's Doodle-Project: Humanoids and Megabeasts!
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:30 am »

I notice that you haven't actually done the megabeasts yet. The titans, hydras, dragons, and bronze collossi.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 09:29:43 am »

I notice that you haven't actually done the megabeasts yet. The titans, hydras, dragons, and bronze collossi.

Yeah, I want to finish the vanilla humanoids first, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bunch.

So that's Slug Men, Tiger/Jaguar Men (whichever one is in the game)... are there chasm creatures I'm missing?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 09:35:22 am »

I don't see any others you're missing... looks good to me.  Looks very good.  ;D  The olmman is, well, an olmman.  :D

The Cave Swallowman reminds me a bit of Chicken Boo, actually.  :P  And I'd be depressed if I were a giant snail too.

I suppose I will ask, now if I could use the Cave Swallowman as an avatar?  With proper attribution to you, of course.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 09:36:29 am »

Ratmen? Turtlemen? I'm tempted to check my facts.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:53 am »

I don't see any others you're missing... looks good to me.  Looks very good.  ;D  The olmman is, well, an olmman.  :D

The Cave Swallowman reminds me a bit of Chicken Boo, actually.  :P  And I'd be depressed if I were a giant snail too.

I suppose I will ask, now if I could use the Cave Swallowman as an avatar?  With proper attribution to you, of course.

That's exactly what I drew 'em for!  :D No need to attribute, though.

Ratmen? Turtlemen? I'm tempted to check my facts.

Well, there's a Rat Man up there already.

Okay, that's Turtle Men, Slug Men, and Jaguar Men.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:07 am »

Is the picture supposed to be mermaid? Or is it supposed to be an ambiguous "Merperson"?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:23 am »

Yes!

Let's see (going from more normal to more interesting):
High Elves - They wear lamellar armor and use Steel weapons and armor. More LOTRish then the

High Elves - Noble and Wise, the high elves are a little more similar to Humans then their woodland cousins, living in cities and using metal weapons and lamellar armor.

Silver Xelics - A strange race of Insectoids, these creatures live in the wetlands of the world. The Silver Xelics appear as large, humanoid beetles with brilliantly silver carapaces. They are a peaceful, mystic race.

Vamarii - A race of ice-dwelling fox-like humanoids, they live off of the land and sea.

Chaos Dwarves - A twisted branch of dwarves dedicated to dark gods. They have no honor, black souls, and foul tempers. Otherwise, identical to normal dwarves.

Hobgoblins - A cruel but noble race, the Hobgoblins have more honor then their smaller cousins. They wear samurai-style armor, and I always see them as looking kind of like Oni. Not sure why, really, but that's how they end up in my mind.

Bugbears - Large, hairy, and brutish. An aggressive but stupid race that can't manage to work more then copper.

Dyansauri - A race of Savage saurian warriors who live to fight and die in battle. They tend to wear blood-red crystal armor. Think raptors with swords and plate-mail.

Violet Xelics - Evil kindred to the Silver Xelics, the Violets ones make dark fortresses within the swamps of the world. They  appear as large, humanoid beetles with multi-hued purple carapaces.  Xelic warriors use their four arms to good effect, carrying multiple shields into battle.

Frost Giants - Twice as large as a dwarf, and with hearts as cold as the glaciers they live on.

Sand Raiders - A mysterious race of robed humanoids that lives in the deserts of the world. They frequently raid surrounding settlements. They are very stealthy, and even their sieges are done in stealth. They have pitch-black eyes.

Zephyrs - a mountain dwelling race of intelligent rodents. They're thieves like Kobalds, and usually killed for the vermin they are.

Jawas - a strange desert dwelling race. They sometimes sneak into the settlements of other races to steal things, or perhaps just cause a bit of mischief. They're...well, Jawas.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 09:42:01 am »

Are these of your own creation Meph?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 09:42:20 am »

It actually works either way. ;D It can be a slightly effeminate merman or a slightly manly mermaid.

Yes!

Let's see (going from more normal to more interesting):

[Lots of fantastic races]

I'll get started on those once I finish the vanilla humanoids and megas for sure.

Also, what are your megabeasts?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:58 am »

Are these of your own creation Meph?

Well, mostly. Can't take credit for the Jawas, of course, and the Frost Giants are pretty standard. Everything else is at least my own unique version of stuff.

Megabeasts...let me go look for them all.

T-Rex - Everyone's favorite extinct monster, back from the dead!

Gargantuan Jellyfish - Yes, I made a megabeast jellyfish. I don't think it can actually spawn during world-gen right now, though, since you don't get underwater caves

Thunderdome - A gargantuan flying jellyfish. It actually does show up.

Elementals
  Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Wood

Mephansteras - Not as much of a self-insertion as it sounds. A Mephansteras is what my avatar is, and it's a creature a made up years ago. I started using the name because I was sure I could get it everywhere.

Phoenix - Giant bird, this version is engulfed in an aura of fire.

Chaos Lord - A demon of chaos, this creature usually appears as a humanoid figure with great horns growing out of its head. It is usually fairly asymmetrical.

Colossal Beetle - It looks like it's straight out of a B Movie! Ready to trample over small desert towns with just a little prodding.

...I think that's it. I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep right now, so I might have missed something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 10:06:38 am »

Yeeee fun.

I'll probably start on those tomorrow, then, after I finish the Slug Man, Jaguar Man, and Turtle Man.

EDIT: What does a Mephansteras look like?

Also I might have trouble with the jellies, since the doodles are small headshots, and jellyfish have no heads. Or are all head. You decide.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:13:16 am by Vester »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 10:16:05 am »

Well, do what you want to do. I won't be hurt if you leave out the Jellyfish. :)

A Mephansteras looks like my Avatar. Basically an insectoid, kind of ant-like, but with a poisonous scythe-tail. It also has rather nasty mouth-parts in addition to the large mandibles. It basically clamps on with the mandibles and then munches on it's prey from there with very sharp toothy bits.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 10:24:27 am »

Do you have a larger version of that picture?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 10:27:22 am »

Sadly, no. Or at least, not appreciably bigger. It was made for me as an avatar on the sluggy.net forums, so it wasn't too big to begin with.
Come play Mafia with us!

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:20 am »

That's exactly what I drew 'em for!  :D No need to attribute, though.

Hmph!  You deserve the credit, I think.  ;)

EDIT:  There, 'tis done.  Might re-crop it later when I'm feeling like more than a slapdash job, though.  :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:46:24 am by Judas Maccabeus »
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 127